Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    My issue is, she's young yes but she's been through more than Kwannon has.
    She had less appearances in books thats a different thing entirely. We dont know what Kwannon life experience before the body swap was. If anything this series indicates shes more experienced then Laura or Cable in certain areas and less so in others. Confusing her in universe history with her published history is so easy to not do so Im real confused how ppl cant make that distinction.

What do you love about this "new" direction? Like, honestly she looks so... Weak?
    I haven't found her weak at all. She took down Cable in issue, she's been a great teamplayer when she and Psylocke went on mission, we've seen how Psylocke has resonated with her due to their respective history. We have had a good insight into her psyche, with her revealing she forces herself to pretend to be at peace for others sake but still feeling rage inside and that to me was great because it harkened back to her original characterization but less fanficy and without ignoring the more recent developments. And now weve had multiple hints of her showing concern for Cables well being and that to me is so interesting bc we know they will have beef later down the line and we know Kwannon seems to be using Cable as bait to get favors from Sinister which could shape up to form a very interesting conflict.

I dont get how people have faves but they cant be flawed or struggle, or fail at any time because if they do then the writer has an agenda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    People are pissed because X-23 has accomplished more in the last two years than Kwannon has done in her whole life. If anything, Laura should be tutoring her. Laura was trained to be an extremely efficient assassin. Having someone with a quarter of her experience trying to mentor her is like a middle school math teacher trying to lecture Stephen Hawking on advanced algebra.
    Ah man, I wish they would've had the guts to go this route!! Such a great inversion of the mentor-trope, but possibly more balanced??

'Cos I mean..."You never have to hide what you are from me," doesn't sit right. Not after Laura's growth from where she started; it's like Kwannon's saying "Go be an angry weapon." I hope it makes more sense in context and that won't be the case, but right now...

Aw damn, I liked this book too....

Why is there no background apart from the car-in-mud-seen-from-the-same-angle on pages 2 and 3? I know artists are on a tight schedule, but yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She had less appearances in books thats a different thing entirely. We dont know what Kwannon life experience before the body swap was. If anything this series indicates shes more experienced then Laura or Cable in certain areas and less so in others. Confusing her in universe history with her published history is so easy to not do so Im real confused how ppl cant make that distinction.

I haven't found her weak at all. She took down Cable in issue, she's been a great teamplayer when she and Psylocke went on mission, we've seen how Psylocke has resonated with her due to their respective history. We have had a good insight into her psyche, with her revealing she forces herself to pretend to be at peace for others sake but still feeling rage inside and that to me was great because it harkened back to her original characterization but less fanficy and without ignoring the more recent developments. And now weve had multiple hints of her showing concern for Cables well being and that to me is so interesting bc we know they will have beef later down the line and we know Kwannon seems to be using Cable as bait to get favors from Sinister which could shape up to form a very interesting conflict.

I dont get how people have faves but they cant be flawed or struggle, or fail at any time because if they do then the writer has an agenda.
    I highly doubt that she's been through stuff on the level of the Facility or all the Extinction situations Laura (and her class) have been through. Even her time on X-Force alone is difficult to surpass as far as combat/life threatening/traumatic situations. Kwannon was the spouse of The Hand's leader, she was probably far more privileged than both Cable and Laura have been.

I think all this stuff of "angry inside but deep down she cares" is boring as hell and we've already seen a different take of it. It's not about not wanting them to struggle, but it's almost similar to them trying to revert Emma to White Queen evil status after all she's been through as a hero. It lowkey pisses me off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The last time that happened she was used as a murder weapon and sent in to the hunger games
    Thank you for reminding me.

X-23 really needs to join the Avengers.

Damn this is Caliber comics 1996 art

Hopefully later in the series Kwannon will teach Bishop how to let out his inner future cop.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

The art is hideous but I will support Kwannon but I'm starting to feel terrible for Laura's fans
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Hopefully later in the series Kwannon will teach Bishop how to let out his inner future cop.
    Hahahaha I died. I'm now imagining Kwannon going around the island and giving people obvious advice.

Dazzler, I really think you should be a singer. I can show you how.

Kwannon: Emma white is truly your color

I'm glad that a new writer is taking over after this series ends.

Get hyping up a character. But no.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Praying Kwannon gets new teammates as well because outside of Husk. I don't care for her fighting alongside Laura, Wi-Fi, and Bling!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Dazzler, I really think you should be a singer. I can show you how.
    And she'll demonstrate her singing coach teaching qualification by singing something from quality 80s anime perhaps?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Y'all are so fickle lol everytime a FA preview drops you all complain then as soon as the issue drops everybody is singing its praises.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Praying Kwannon gets new teammates as well because outside of Husk. I don't care for her fighting alongside Laura, Wi-Fi, and Bling!
    Haaaa Wi-fi!!