Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    people can change idea. It still didn't happened for some
    I initially didn't like it. I still don't like certain aspects. But I don't go on and on and on about it in every single new comic thread.

Incredible Member

Haven't you ever been to a party where you and your friends are having an absolute blast, but then someone walks over and is just like, "Ugh this party is lame. It's so stupid and I hate it. Don't you guys think this music is the worst?"

In your head, you're like, "Thanks for ruining everything. C'mon guys let's get away from this person."

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I initially didn't like it. I still don't like certain aspects. But I don't go on and on and on about it in every single new comic thread.
    i don't do it. the way you says it seems like I enter every thread to say that I don't like Hickman x-men
    I'm willing to believe the people saying positive things actually read the book and/or kept an open mind about their purchase, compared with certain other posters who have hated the new status since day one and haven't changed since.
    People who were more into the idea responded better to hickman's x-men, seems very obvious.

Seems like that nothing on the book made people who didn't liked at first change idea. This happens too.

No one takes issue with that. People take issue with spam, repeating an opinion ad nauseum in every thread, every week, every topic.
    Oh, so now it's spam? That sure escalated quickly, didn't it... Of course I disagree with you here.

And generally speaking, I didn't see you try to rein in the weekly turf wars between the pro-Emma and the pro-Jean, nor on the recurring polyamory topic strangely enough, surely an oversight on your part then? given you say you take issue with "spam", "repeating an opinion ad nauseum in every thread, every Week, every topic."

Illuminating.

I'm willing to believe the people saying positive things actually read the book and/or kept an open mind about their purchase, compared with certain other posters who have hated the new status since day one and haven't changed since.
    As I said, that's the whole point of this forum that said posters can express their displeasure of the situation if they wish so.
    It's not an echo chamber.
    If you want that, you probably should stick to the appreciation threads instead.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i don't do it. the way you says it seems like I enter every thread to say that I don't like Hickman x-men

People who were more into the idea responded better to hickman's x-men, seems very obvious.

Seems like that nothing on the book made people who didn't liked at first change idea. This happens too.
    Not really complaining about you, for a change. It's other posters like Domino, PotE, and Pkingdom I'm referring to.

It is clear many posters made up their minds about Hickman's tenure long before any of these books came out, so their attacks on these books strike me as just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    I was that way with Rosencanny although to be fair it actually sucked.

That run was cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Oh, so now it's spam? That sure escalated quickly, didn't it... Of course I disagree with you here.

And generally speaking, I didn't see you try to rein in the weekly turf wars between the pro-Emma and the pro-Jean, nor on the recurring polyamory topic strangely enough, surely an oversight on your part then? given you say you take issue with "spam", "repeating an opinion ad nauseum in every thread, every Week, every topic."

Illuminating.

As I said, that's the whole point of this forum that said posters can express their displeasure of the situation if they wish so.
    It's not an echo chamber.
    If you want that, you probably should stick to the appreciation threads instead.
    The Jean and Emma stuff happens because of actual interactions with other posters. Compared to spamming an opinion over and over, never changing.

And if you argument is that it isn't strictly against forum rules to spam your opinion about the current status quo in every thread, then there isn't much left to say.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Haven't you ever been to a party where you and your friends are having an absolute blast, but then someone walks over and is just like, "Ugh this party is lame. It's so stupid and I hate it. Don't you guys think this music is the worst?"

In your head, you're like, "Thanks for ruining everything. C'mon guys let's get away from this person."
    Bingo. If you don't like something, fine. But it isn't cool to spam your opinion to try and ruin the fun other people are having with it.

BANNED

The Jean and Emma stuff happens because of actual interactions with other posters. Compared to spamming an opinion over and over, never changing.

And if you argument is that it isn't strictly against forum rules to spam your opinion about the current status quo in every thread, then there isn't much left to say.
    But I don't do that, nor did I here. I responded to a poster I agreed with and gave an opinion why, someone responded with that asking me to defend it. So I did. I also haven't gone after anyone having fun, nor put anyone down for liking the new direction. I responded to a poster who engaged with me on the topic.
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 12-06-2019 at 04:50 PM.

I doubt you actually read said opinions, given how you keep summarizing them by being us expressing an "hate of Hickman's run".
    It's a grotesque interpretation but there again, you were accusing people earlier from inciting a boycott of these books, Something that no one did, either here or in other threads…
    Beyond that, people Don't spam opinions over and over again, they Always respond to other people quoting them after their initial review of the weekly issue… Something you would know if you actually read said posts instead of skimming over them.

No, my argument is just that you are wasting your time in trying to silence differing opinions than yours.
    Don't like it? Don't read it, I was serious when I said appreciation threads were probably more your mileage.
    You won't find discordant voices to the mainstream audience over there.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Bingo. If you don't like something, fine. But it isn't cool to spam your opinion to try and ruin the fun other people are having with it.
    Another proof you Don't actually read the posts you keep complaining about if you are able to say such a fallacy with a straight face.

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

People are allowed to not like what you like, even when the corporation announces that the writer is on the books and making the best comics ever because the corporation is putting in slightly more effort than usual.

It's gonna be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post

lol I've been on both sides of this
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

I really don't see what's the problem some guys have with Yu's art, it's great, beautiful to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Another proof you Don't actually read the posts you keep complaining about if you are able to say such a fallacy with a straight face.
    The one failing reading comprehension is one of us, and it isn't me.