Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think Elixir has been retconned to not be able to bring back the dead.
    Since when? He was able to do it in Bunn's Uncanny and he's only shown up in Rosenberg's run and I dont recall that coming into play. The way it was established is that he can resurrect but it has negative consequences on him and to balance it out, he'd have to kill. That shouldnt be an issue with a mutant like Hope by his side to stablize and neutralize that effect

BANNED

Hasnt Elixir only been able to resurrect people very shortly after they died? Thats a pretty big limitation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Since when? He was able to do it in Bunn's Uncanny and he's only shown up in Rosenberg's run and I dont recall that coming into play. The way it was established is that he can resurrect but it has negative consequences on him and to balance it out, he'd have to kill. That shouldnt be an issue with a mutant like Hope by his side to stablize and neutralize that effect
    His power is biokinesis, I think the only way to stablize that power is using them the way he is using with the five, just allowing to grow what is already alive.
    Otherwise it wouldnt make sense. The side effects are not supposed to be "side effects" is just that he needs to take the vital energy from somewhere, he can not generate it.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Hasnt Elixir only been able to resurrect people very shortly after they died? Thats a pretty big limitation.
    You have sucessfully made my mind demote X-force. I can't unsee the plot holes you and veltha brought up if any telepath can do the resurrection. Magneto is such a drama queen. Nothing specifically says it had to be Jean but more i can look at it like she was the only one Xavier trusted.

Good preview overall, still like their voices. I need to now exit left and reconcile this. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Triage can bring back people that have been dead for a while and can heal what hasn't already been decomposed. cyclops classified his power after he brought himself and young scott back as life force power and he can sense the life force in others.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Elixir self resurrected in that Uncanny X-Men annual, months after he died

He also resurrected and re-killed the Dark Riders over and over again to torture them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You have sucessfully made my mind demote X-force. I can't unsee the plot holes you and veltha brought up if any telepath can do the resurrection. Magneto is such a drama queen. Nothing specifically says it had to be Jean but more i can look at it like she was the only one Xavier trusted.

Good preview overall, still like their voices. I need to now exit left and reconcile this. lol
    Lmao I wasnt trying to turn u off anything its still a good book imo. But yea that was definitely a misstep, #3 should have been split between the Domino rescue and Jean going through trials to resurrect Xavier. Psychic interventions are an XMen staple and X/Jean relationship is full of potential. Its a missed opportunity and it could have cemented how Jean was uniquely equipped to fulfill that task but.

Triage can bring back people that have been dead for a while and can heal what hasn't already been decomposed. cyclops classified his power after he brought himself and young scott back as life force power and he can sense the life force in others.
    Well its gotta be different then what Elixir is doing since one is an omega and the other isnt.

Lmao I wasnt trying to turn u off anything its still a good book imo. But yea that was definitely a misstep, #3 should have been split between the Domino rescue and Jean going through trials to resurrect Xavier. Psychic interventions are an XMen staple and X/Jean relationship is full of potential. Its a missed opportunity and it could have cemented how Jean was uniquely equipped to fulfill that task but.

Well its gotta be different then what Elixir is doing since one is an omega and the other isnt.
    You didn't turn me off from it but i can't deny logic. It made me reshuffle the book in my mind but that's a good thing. The book still holds up as good work, that i agree with. Just not as good. lol. And your right on we should have seen more from Jean so at least the way it was presented would make more sense because on reread it does feel like JEan was just the one he trusted rather than she was the only one that could do it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Simple because it would make of the purpose of The Five moot. But considering Elixir is on the Omega list I'm sure Hickman hasn't forgotten him just seriously narrowed down his powers.

The book makes it sound like Jean is the only hope. So it makes me think there is something needed. I never felt Emma was at Xavier level, i personally think Xavier in what looks like a younger body could take Emma out in a one on one and thus why she has a secondary mutation and he doesn't. Also no one knows the ins and outs of it like he does since he and forge designed it. But mainly the book makes it sound like Jean was the only one that could do it. Xavier is short sighted (which we already know) If Jean is the only one he trained and training not raw power is the issue.

Funnily if Emma could do it, she doesn't have the telekinesis to be able to get in the cradle to even get the spare machine. I don't think Xavier would trust training Exodus. lol
    Umm no, Xavier already explained that he was going to have a team of telepaths download minds 24/7 in shells. Its not something complex it's just taxing. And Xavier has been doing all the downloading himself since thee inception. Jean did 1 Xavier did 5 in a few seconds.

You're reading too much into nothing.

The rest of the council telepathy could easily do this. And I bet you these telepaths who get this job will be the Cuckoo's

BANNED

Jean tells Magneto "we have backup plans in case sthg like this happens" but we have no idea who we is. Jean+Xavier, other XMen, other telepaths... at the end of the day Emma has a financial empire to command, Sinister has his genetic database, even the Cuckoos are ambassadors in human habitats... Jean really has nothing better to do than resurrect Xavier, might as well be her.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Simple because it would make of the purpose of The Five moot. But considering Elixir is on the Omega list I'm sure Hickman hasn't forgotten him just seriously narrowed down his powers.
    Not really. Elixir needs their body to bring them back even if it was decomposed so there was no way he could bring back the Hero's of Krakoa on his own.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Umm no, Xavier already explained that he was going to have a team of telepaths download minds 24/7 in shells. Its not something complex it's just taxing. And Xavier has been doing all the downloading himself since thee inception. Jean did 1 Xavier did 5 in a few seconds.

You're reading too much into nothing.

The rest of the council telepathy could easily do this. And I bet you these telepaths who get this job will be the Cuckoo's
    Yeah i concede other telepaths can probably do it but haven't been trained. I don't think Xavier would trust just any telepath to bring him back though. In case they change something when they are doing it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Jean tells Magneto "we have backup plans in case sthg like this happens" but we have no idea who we is. Jean+Xavier, other XMen, other telepaths... at the end of the day Emma has a financial empire to command, Sinister has his genetic database, even the Cuckoos are ambassadors in human habitats... Jean really has nothing better to do than resurrect Xavier, might as well be her.
    We don't know what back up plans these are.

Well at least Percy found something for Jean to do...

I enjoyed the preview a lot. I love the quiet council and I appreciate that all the characters have a distinct voice. It works well. I also like that they just give us two pages for a preview. Previews should be a tease that get us talking and speculating . It makes it all the more interesting and exciting.

Now about the discussion about Jean... I think the debate is all wrong. It serves no one to do the "any telepath could do it" or the "Only Jean could".. the fact remains that the writer chose Jean to do it. They didn't even show it on panel because they wanted to move the story along.

We know from the data pages in Hox/pox that skilled telepaths will need to be taught how to use the new cerebro. Jean is such a skilled telepath. The others mentioned in this thread are powerful telepaths so they should be able to be taught. Jean and Quire are still omega telepaths and outclass all these other telepaths mentioned. It doesn't make Emma, Exodus, Xavier or whoever less important because they aren't omega telepaths so no need for being salty.

Just my two cents.