Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    •—[A]—• helps Rictor realize his potential, Excalibur #3

Daddy

I wonder if we are going to find anything about •—[A]—• relationship with Moira if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Daddy

I wonder if we are going to find anything about •—[A]—• relationship with Moira if there is one.
    Maybe not yet but if there is one, we may learn about it in Moira’s upcoming series.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Loved this whole exchange lol I'm sure Poccy has a hidden agenda but was nice having him get Rictor out of his rut.

Honestly the Poccy scenes have been the best out of this book.
    Looks like he needs a master of stone to help further strengthen mutant magic, but it also seems his words are genuine. All of this is to protect his Krakoan and Arakkoan children. So a little bit of emotional manipulation baked in with ultimately protective intentions = Blue Dad.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I am absolutely living for --[A]-- and his subtle machinations. I probably should be worried but yes...LOVELOVELOVE!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Rictor is on his mind

I think they may have found their groove with Apocalypse by treating him like Magneto. He really hasnt worked as a villian since the early 90s but Im enjoying him as a morally gray character thats been reinvented with a new mission statement. I dont want him to be a hero but the cartoonish villian they kept pushing him as just was not appealing and he needed something new to make him intriguing again

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think they may have found their groove with Apocalypse by treating him like Magneto. He really hasnt worked as a villian since the early 90s but Im enjoying him as a morally gray character thats been reinvented with a new mission statement. I dont want him to be a hero but the cartoonish villian they kept pushing him as just was not appealing and he needed something new to make him intriguing again
    Morally grey definitely fits him an uber powerful mutant who cares about Krakoa and the mutant race but also has his own plans/agenda on how to "protect" them.

BANNED

Yeah, I find the current iteration of [A] fascinating. Which is why I hope they dig into his relationships with Warren, Evan etc. soon. To be clear I could never buy him full-on apologizing or repenting to Warren. That’s not who he is, that’s not his worldview and Warren would never accept it nor should he. At best [A] is a dysfunctional stage parent who may acknowledge “mistakes were made” but would claim it was all for the greater good.

Either way, the cultured elder statesman with wisdom and millennia of stories to tell works for me.

I'm a bit afraid to ask this (because I'm very ignorant in the topic, sorry) but i have seen the topic come from time to time.

Do you consider Apocalypse a black man? I mean, I do but i hear other people saying he is blue so he doesn't count. Hank and Kurt are also blue but many people think they are white.

I'm a bit afraid to ask this (because I'm very ignorant in the topic, sorry) but i have seen the topic come from time to time.

Do you consider Apocalypse a black man? I mean, I do but i hear other people saying he is blue so he doesn't count. Hank and Kurt are also blue but many people think they are white.
    Being blue is a mutation. Apocalypse was born a black man, just as Hank and Kurt were born white men. Whether they choose to identify as such is a different story but if we are talking genetics, then what they present themselves as without their X-gene and/or outside manipulation is what many people go by
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-09-2019 at 03:12 PM.

No. Maybe because we were not introduced to him as an ancient Egyptian and being black is not important to him as a character. Same reason why I dont see Darwin as black. I do see Bling! as a black girl mostly because she talks like a black girl in the hood when writers feel like it.

Also he had many host bodies so who know what he is now a days.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

"talking hood" doesnt make a person black. Would Darwin really need to talk like that to be considered black even though that is the race that he canonically is?

BANNED

"Talking black?"

I do consider Darwin black. [A] is a bit more complex; yes, he was born a man of color but he transformed dramatically, and I'm not sure he's identified as that in the millennia. I couldn't say for sure. Evan I don't know, either; I keep thinking of him as mixed race.

"talking hood" doesnt make a person black.
    I didnt say it did. Read what i typed. Friend.

"Would Darwin really need to talk like that to be considered black even though that is the race that he canonically is?
    Well it would remind be that this grayish/blue Alien looking mofo was once a black guy. Because unless you wiki searched him you won't know anything about his race/origin.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

I don't have the issue on my hands at the moment but I remember that on "Further adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" he took a human form.
    I think it was of a black man but the colors on that book are terrible (at least on mine) so I could be wrong.