Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yeah, that's crazy
    Really crazy. They beat San Jose last night, as well. Colorado is basically where I expected them to be, even though their big 3 has not been that dominant. I think it's what they wanted, since their offence last year was strictly from their big line.

Boston, I keep expecting them to falter every year due to how much faster and younger the game is getting. Yet, they keep feeding me my words. They are off to a great start again. Buffalo is a big surprise. Edmonton is definitely a big surprise. I don't know how sustainable it is, what they are doing, since they are getting scoring from a select few.

Dallas has got to be the biggest surprise. Their top line sucks. I expected a lot more from them.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Coming home after a miserable western swing that saw the Flyers go 0-3-1, the Orange and Black rode a four goal second period to whack Vegas 6-2 last night. Most satisfying indeed!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Coming home after a miserable western swing that saw the Flyers go 0-3-1, the Orange and Black rode a four goal second period to whack Vegas 6-2 last night. Most satisfying indeed!
    I am hoping the Flyers do well this season. They've got a lot to work with and it would be a shame if they don't make a big push for a playoff spot.

What is everyone's opinion on David Pastrnak? The man is the best scoring winger right now and he just looks to be getting started.

Down 4-2 early in the third period to Columbus, the Flyers go berserk, scoring five unanswered goals for a 7-4 win over the Blue Jackets. But, no rest for the weary as they head up the Turnpike to play the Devils tomorrow night.

JvR got me a lot of points in my pool. Glad to see him finally get on the score sheet. He appeared to be having some pretty horrendous puck luck.

Carter Hart returned to the net last night but didn't fare at all well as he gave up five goals and was pulled in the second period in a 5-3 Flyers loss to the Islanders.

Looks like my Oilers are coming down to earth. The secondary scoring is just as non-existent as it was last year. The only difference I am seeing now from last year's group is...we are getting some good to great goaltending.

Another loss tonight to a team that had lost 8 in a row.

Man that was an awful game between Edmonton and Pittsburgh. It was basically boring, with the exception of some excellent goaltending by Mike Smith. The Oilers did not deserve that win. I'll take those 2 points, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Carter Hart returned to the net last night but didn't fare at all well as he gave up five goals and was pulled in the second period in a 5-3 Flyers loss to the Islanders.
    He's looked much better the last 2 games.

Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    He's looked much better the last 2 games.

Thank goodness.
    Hey Mike. How are you doing?

Are you a Flyers fan?

The Flyers had a solidly successful weekend, winning back to back shootouts in Toronto Saturday night (Brian Elliott in net) and in Boston last night (Carter Hart in goal). A big test will come on Wednesday when they host Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Hey Mike. How are you doing?

Are you a Flyers fan?
    Hey how's it going?

Yep that's my team.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Hey how's it going?

Yep that's my team.
    Fan GM question, if the Winnipeg Jets wanted Claude Giroux, what would do you think is fair trade value?

Going to watch the New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres game. Not entirely sure what happened to the Sabres...they looked primed to make the playoffs. I honestly don't know what they are missing, but they have dipped in the standings.

New Jersey, in my eyes as well as a bunch of other people, had either won or were runner-up this past off-season. They already had the likes of Hall, Palmieri, Vatanen, Hischier, and Butcher. They went out and added Nikita Gusev, P.K. Subban, as well as highly touted 1st overall pick, Jack Hughes.

If nothing else, this game should be a fun one to watch.

Last night, my Flyers were deadlocked with Toronto with the score tied 1-1 halfway through the third period in a white knuckle affair, then....BOOM went the dynamite! The Flyers went berserk, scoring five goals in the last half of the period in what ended up being a 6-1 curbstomp of the Leafs. After notching a franchise tying 24 points in November, the Orange and Black continue being hot as December begins.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-04-2019 at 02:47 AM.