Page 568 of 662 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Another Lifedeath-esque character examination would be nice. Claremont really did a lot to explore her feelings, hopes, and dreams (Uncanny X-Men #226, 1988).

I remember this scene. the only image I think we have of the bright lady.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly love I completely agree. dox storm has been a hard no for me thus far. hopefully they dont go down the horrible path of trying to undo Coates work.
    hello and yes please!! this I could ride for. I hope you right boo because I'm over the foolishness.
    Agreed. I think it would be an EPIC mistake to have Storm's relationship with T'Challa's + his family, reconnection with the people (channeling their faith into her to help protect/save the people), and recognizing her loyalty and commitment to both nations. If anything this could be a unique and critical/role where Storm can navigate the political water with the nations who are not looking for the same relationship the majority of the world had with Krakoa,, and having Wakanda's supporting that effort could make for some new story ground for both her and T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Another Lifedeath-esque character examination would be nice. Claremont really did a lot to explore her feelings, hopes, and dreams (Uncanny X-Men #226, 1988).

Agreed. I feel like (outide of a few exceptions)when it comes to the previous x-writer's exploration of Storm's inner struggles it was so 1-note, didn't feel inspired, and was more like a rinse/repeat. CC I felt really pushed Storm to prove her worth/value to herself in his stories so that at the end of the triumphs and failures she emerged stronger, reassured and knew what she wanted to do, but was still humanly flawed, relatable and showed more room for growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. I think it would be an EPIC mistake to have Storm's relationship with T'Challa's + his family, reconnection with the people (channeling their faith into her to help protect/save the people), and recognizing her loyalty and commitment to both nations. If anything this could be a unique and critical/role where Storm can navigate the political water with the nations who are not looking for the same relationship the majority of the world had with Krakoa,, and having Wakanda's supporting that effort could make for some new story ground for both her and T'Challa.

Agreed. I feel like (outide of a few exceptions)when it comes to the previous x-writer's exploration of Storm's inner struggles it was so 1-note, didn't feel inspired, and was more like a rinse/repeat. CC I felt really pushed Storm to prove her worth/value to herself in his stories so that at the end of the triumphs and failures she emerged stronger, reassured and knew what she wanted to do, but was still humanly flawed, relatable and showed more room for growth.

yes I would much prefer her play a diplomatic role where she looks to ease whatever tensions that may exist between the two nations. I definitely see where the two are talking through their differences versus running to their respective corners.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-16-2019 at 10:00 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yes I would much prefer her play a diplomatic role where she looks to ease whatever tensions that may exist between the two nations. I definitely see where the two are talking through their differences versus running to their respective corners.
    Yes. And if they did make it intriguing. I love that line where Storm said, "I may treasure peace but I'm very good at making war", and that should be at the core the stories. Some negotiations will go well, some could be directed from her to the "black market route", some will be some contentious posturing that will lead to something, and some will actually lead to major conflict where she has to navigate the ramifications of conflicts that need to happen to protect Krakoa's interest. All should have different reactions from the X-Men, the Quiet council, her family and her non-mutant associations/connections.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think I'd rather go big with Storm out of the gate(I want her in goddess mode in BP2, and Krakoa for their first team movie), then explore her powerless phase as team leader if you are so concerned with her dwarfing the rest of the team. She's the most important X-Man to me, though. I'd be fine with minimizing her powers on the team movies if she gets her own trilogy.
    I agree with your point on how powerful Storm should be Shown in the MCU X Men movies .
    Not just Thor or SW level . But really make the audience in the movie theater experience feel the dread of her ablities. So that when she is strip of abilities, its far more impactful.

BANNED

Same here. I think it's too early and I don't think Hickman would be that obvious. If anything, and hopefully Coates & Hickman are in touch with respect to BP and Storm, I would love to see Wakanda comes to Krakoa's aid the way Storm has come to Wakanda's, and for BP and Storm not allow the politics between Krakoa and the world dictate the nature of their relationship.
    I would love this too. The only reason they were separated in AvX is then Disney wanted to diminish the X-Men because Fox had the movie rights. Well, Disney owns Fox now, so the rights are no longer a problem. So no need for Storm and the BP to allow the world to dictate their relationship or future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I agree with your point on how powerful Storm should be Shown in the MCU X Men movies .
    Not just Thor or SW level . But really make the audience in the movie theater experience feel the dread of her ablities. So that when she is strip of abilities, its far more impactful.
    Not just powerful. We've already seen mysticism in the first Black Panther. I'd like to her see role as the high priestess/goddess of Wakanda. Of course she's a mutant and member of the X-men, but more. I like how Coates built up on what Claremont started and how he tied her to Wakanda. Though this also builds up on the Storm series where she had Bast eat the Shadow King.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think this is a REACH.

Didn’t Storm squash this by telling Nakia she is repping both Nations??? Also, none of the December and January solicitation of BP and X-Men reveal any conflict.

With that being said all of this is False to me.
    Yupp. Very false. This sounds like so much gossip-mongering clickbate.
    Yes, supplying unwanted drugs via the Black Market is problematic and where Wakanda is concerned, completely unnecessary and
    hyperbole aside, they just fought to build and protect their own sovereign state and society...I don't see the X-Men trying to tear down Wakanda's centuries long-established nation state. Because...
    1: Regardless of how she feels about T'Challa and whether or not they're in relationship...Storm would not allow it.

2: Thematically, Krakoa and Wakanda are very similar in how the world views thier isolationist and yet very powerful nations as threats...even without the Storm/T'Challa connection, they should be allies, not enemies.

3: Even with all the powerful mutants protecting Krakoa, Wakanda, written true to form is powerful enough to go head to head with Krakoa and the devastation on both sides would be great. For all his talk about "building up" Mutants, I can't see HiX-Man going this route if it means tearing down another soveriegn country (yet again).
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes. And if they did make it intriguing. I love that line where Storm said, "I may treasure peace but I'm very good at making war", and that should be at the core the stories. Some negotiations will go well, some could be directed from her to the "black market route", some will be some contentious posturing that will lead to something, and some will actually lead to major conflict where she has to navigate the ramifications of conflicts that need to happen to protect Krakoa's interest. All should have different reactions from the X-Men, the Quiet council, her family and her non-mutant associations/connections.
    This is certainly more interesting than all-out concflict.
    I can see HiX-Man going this route based on how he's written T'Challa and Wakanda's Global influence and Political stance in his New Avengers. A lot of battles are fought and won or lost behind closed doors sitting around a conference table...without a single drop of blood being shed.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

agreed. if conflict were to arise where do you think her allegiance should ultimately lie?

agreed. if conflict were to arise where do you think her allegiance should ultimately lie?
    Xmen. Her copyrights dictate that. Lol.

Question: Which of the X-men films showcased/displayed Storm's powers the best to you?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Xmen. Her copyrights dictate that. Lol.

hmmm Chile lolol. ignoring that who would you say.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Question: Which of the X-men films showcased/displayed Storm's powers the best to you?
    hmmm I dont think any of them did they great of a job to me honestly.

Ultimate Member

She is PROPERTY of the X-Men.

If the story is being written by the X-Office-Black Panther & Wakanda will be as always trashed by the X-Office. And pandering to the group who wants Wakanda FLOODED.

If it's written by Coates-Panther gets trashed even more.

If it's written by someone IMPARTIAL. There will be no war. She will SQUASH it herself. Because LOGIC more than EMOTION will be running through her head.

Wakanda versus X-Men.

X-Men win-how much does that FUEL the anti mutant march? You get USA, Russia, Lavaria, Atlantis, Inhumans, Asian, Skrulls and whoever else team up to wipe out mutants?

Wakanda wins- Here comes everyone else to pick the scraps to get X-Men and a new fear of Wakanda.

What does OTHERS think? Especially BLACK heroes? Luke Cage is not going to hear excuses. Who wants to find out how deadly Thunderball is-folks forget he helped make the Hulk.