Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    By far the worst live action Superman suit to date ,and that even takes into account the 50s George Reeves show and Dean Cain's various suits.
    What's that thing the kids like to do these days? Ah, yes.

Tyler Hoechlin's suit: Am I a joke to you?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That was one of my predictions. I knew there was no way they were going to get Welling back without a "compromise".
    Apparently he’ll be back and share a scene with Routh and Hoechlin. Looking forward to that at least. It is interesting to have Earth 38 Superman meet with variations of the two most famous ‘Endings’ of the character. Kingdom Come and Whatever Happened to Man of Tomorrow.
    Btw, I’m pretty sure I made a joke before here about Welling looking like the Brawny paper towel guy. Looks like Lois thought so too.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    What's that thing the kids like to do these days? Ah, yes.

Tyler Hoechlin's suit: Am I a joke to you?
    Compared to the SR suit? Yes. Hoechlin's actually isn't completely terrible if you got rid of the cape clasps and it works for Hoechlin's body type. The SR suit just didn't work on a whole bunch of levels. The colors,the cape,the trunks that looked like Speedos,the neck line and that tiny S. It just fails on every level.

At least Hoechlin's has a proper sized "S".

It Doesn't matter now though, because Routh's suit is freaking amazing now.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Apparently he’ll be back and share a scene with Routh and Hoechlin. Looking forward to that at least. It is interesting to have Earth 38 Superman meet with variations of the two most famous ‘Endings’ of the character. Kingdom Come and Whatever Happened to Man of Tomorrow.
    Btw, I’m pretty sure I made a joke before here about Welling looking like the Brawny paper towel guy. Looks like Lois thought so too.
    I assume that whatever means he used to get rid of his powers is reversible. Like Superman 2. I really hope they don't kill off Routh Superman. I really like that suit.
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I sure don't like thinking Tom Welling's Clark Kent just...gave up his heritage. After 10 years of build up and a few solid years of comics!

If Superman has to be a CW show, they should give it to Routh over the kid from Supergirl though. 100%. Hoechlin just doesn't pull off the role.

Welling seriously looks more like Superman than anyone 'cept maybe George Reeves. I love Henry Cavil, but I have to say Welling has grown into it completely.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-10-2019 at 12:20 AM.

That was one of my predictions. I knew there was no way they were going to get Welling back without a "compromise".
    I actually don't completely hate what they did with Smallville Clark. Yes I'd have preferred it if Clark would have still been Superman, but it was fun to see him sort of make Cryer's Lex look like a fool and the kryptonite bit was a sly bit of payoff to all the times Kryptonite bedeviled Clark to the point of annoyance on the show. He shrugs it off and knocks Lex on his ass like a boss.

All in all if we weren't going to get him in the suit as Supes, this is probably the best possible way to "end" his story. Hopefully his earth isn't destroyed.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

I assume that whatever means he used to get rid of his powers is reversible. Like Superman 2. I really hope they don't kill off Routh Superman. I really like that suit.
    Didn't SV Clark mention Gold Kryptonite? Maybe I'm imagining it.

Welling needs a scene where he comes back as full on Superman and helps save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Welling needs a scene where he comes back as full on Superman and helps save the day.
    Welling is like Harrison Ford, he only came back if they promised to kill him off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Welling is like Harrison Ford, he only came back if they promised to kill him off lol.
    Lol yeah true. I cant say I blame him, but damn I just want to see that dude rock the costume with a real solid budget behind him ya know?

EDIT: just rewatched the scene again. He doesn't mention how. Maybe he has the Red Sun device at his Fortress like Reeve's did and just decided to use it. Which also means he can undo it at some point.

As long as his Earth isn't destroyed,I'm going with the head Canon that he is just taking some time away until his girls get old enough to come into their powers and join the family business,and he eventually gets his powers back and Superman flies again with his Supergirls at his side.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-09-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Years ago when SR came out ,I worked out a timeline in my head where all 4 movies took place alongside SR. All you have to do is have SR still occur right after SMII but then have Superman III and IV occur after SR. Thematically it sorta works if you squint a bit. ma Kent passes away shortly after SR so that way the reference to Ma being gone in III and IV work. It also makes sense that Clark would then move on from Lois and rekindle a relationship with Lana and pursue a brief courtship with Lacey Warfield. Then with this he eventually found his way back to Lois and married her before that fateful encounter with The Joker.

I can now slot CRISIS in as the next (and hopefully not last ) chapter of his adventures. I know Routh has left Legends of Tomorrow officially but God what I wouldn't give to see his Superman hang out with them for awhile after Crisis,or after the Monitor bites it (which if it follows the original majorStory beats he will) maybe Donner Superman becomes guardian and protector of the remaining multiverse or the cosmos A,shail I dare say it,a Superman prime?

Anyway,I find it funny that a Batman related show essentially was a Superman love letter tonight! Very cool.
    Neat, I think that kinda, sorta works. Maybe I’ll bingewatch the Donnerverse after crisis finishes up. Even though I really only like the original 2. If nothing else Routhman should be a frequent guest star on both S&L and Legends. Routh more than deserves it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

spoilers:
    Welling turned out to be manwhohaseverything’s nightmare. his cameo was fun but I guess his Superman career didn’t amount to much
    end of spoilers
    Ray and Clark was funny. The battle of the Kals was neat but the cgi was wonky.
    Don't assume for me, mate. I haven't watched the episode. Smallville is what introduced me to superman. I don't have a problem with superman ending his career. But, then the story ends.You don't follow normal clark kent's life unless he becomes superman or has superadventures.i can see that clark living out his life as a farmer to honor his pa after making a name for himself in the big city. But, if they really do him dirty then i will be so done with cw.

Neat, I think that kinda, sorta works. Maybe I’ll bingewatch the Donnerverse after crisis finishes up. Even though I really only like the original 2. If nothing else Routhman should be a frequent guest star on both S&L and Legends. Routh more than deserves it.
    Again,I sorta hope that instead of an ultimate sacrifice,he sorta accends to a higher purpose. I.E. Superman of the cosmos and the remaining multiverse. A universal protector. After all,gotta keep him around for the inevitable retelling of INFINITE CRISIS in a few years!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I highly doubt he'll be in the suit. He may get his powers back to help out but he's made it very clear he will not be wearing the suit.
    Assassinate Putin!