Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So, I have been wondering over and over again, .... can we consider Revanche and Kwannon as the same person?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So, I have been wondering over and over again, .... can we consider Revanche and Kwannon as the same person?
    Why wouldnt you? Its the same person with different codenames. We consider Phoenix and Marvel Girl the same person, so its the same thing

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If the Hand costume uniform was readily available.

She should have been introduced in the blue Hand outfit if it was hers. But she was introduced in the body suit.

But we'll agree to disagree.

She should have been brought back in the old school body suit she intro'd in.

They should have given us the shock and surprise at being alive again. The introspection.

They should have given us a reason why all of a sudden she would start using the code name Psylocke (since all of a sudden she hates and resents Betsy even though they already made amends) and why Betsy would just pass it on.

Instead we got this is the Psylocke you've always known with no explanation oh wait but her name is Kwannon now oh wait thats not her real name anymore either.

Honestly I just think X-editorial jumbled the execution of this transition.

I get that the writer is trying to elevate her quickly and make her her own person.

They could have done so much better.

I wish they had a mini-series just for themselves

Attachment 90222
    Thank you. I was too tired to respond

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I remember Revanche being a sensei to Jubilee a few times in the Danger room back in the day. I enjoyed so much her like stalking around the mansion being cryptic and eerie. This characterization is in line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    This series is so bad. If she hates Betsy so much, why she stealing her clothes and name? Betsy didn’t do this to her and I thought they hashed that **** when she was Revanche. Kwannon should have never been brought back. It was a cool twist that was unexpected but shouldn’t have happened since Jamie remade that body. Why bring Kwannon back just to be a shitty fake Psylocke. I’d be more interested if she actually wanted to forge her own identity, but nope.

Laura really should be like “f this” and gut her annoying ass already.
    The notion that Kwannon stole anything from Betsy is rich. Like the irony here is too good.

She’s Psylocke because the Japanese ninja version of the character is iconic. That’s the Psylocke brand, and Marvel was smart to realize this and keep all those trappings associated with Kwannon while giving Betsy a direction and brand that ties back to her earliest appearances.

I understand that hardcore Psylocke fans don’t like it, but that’s what you get for rooting for a racist caricature. #sorrynotsorry

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I understand that hardcore Psylocke fans don’t like it
    There are hardcore Psylocke fans?
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The notion that Kwannon stole anything from Betsy is rich. Like the irony here is too good.

She’s Psylocke because the Japanese ninja version of the character is iconic. That’s the Psylocke brand, and Marvel was smart to realize this and keep all those trappings associated with Kwannon while giving Betsy a direction and brand that ties back to her earliest appearances.

I understand that hardcore Psylocke fans don’t like it, but that’s what you get for rooting for a racist caricature. #sorrynotsorry
    It’s soooooo ironic. Like the irony was so thick even Jean’s thighs got jealous. I guess the unfortunate thing about colonization is that there’s a sense of entitlement that is hard for people to shake off realizing that the stuff they own actually wasn’t theirs to begin with.

Incredible Member

Yes, while I do think it wouldn’t make sense for kwannon to keep psylocke’s codename and costume and the only reasonable thing behind it is marvel trying to stick with the most appealing version of the character, I’m also really disappointed with betsy’s fan base accusing kwannon of stealing psylocke’s iconography. People are bitter, Resentful of a legit attempt to give an minority representation a proper and high profile characterization. Well, Marvel has moved on with elizabeth characterization, let’s face it. she received more attention than she had ever got by merging her original story with a totally new set of asian culture atributes... now that she is back to her caucasian self and we have room for an actual asian character development with the same spotlight originated by psylocke’s asian features and ninja characterization, we see fans acting like bigots.

Astonishing Member

C’mon now, there would be the same complaints if another white character started using the name/costume, etc of Psylocke...you know the same way people complain about kid cable and the teen 05, and even new pyro,lol. I do agree that marvel is doing this give new psylocke the identifying trapping of old psylocke, marketing wise, it’s probably a good idea. Though anyone who thought old psylocke was a racist charicature, well she’s still a sexy ninja chick, only now with more pseudo-asian philosophical musings...lol

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Kwannon be dispensing all that Ice Cream Koans like she's NO McDonald's machine.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    C’mon now, there would be the same complaints if another white character started using the name/costume, etc of Psylocke...you know the same way people complain about kid cable and the teen 05, and even new pyro,lol. I do agree that marvel is doing this give new psylocke the identifying trapping of old psylocke, marketing wise, it’s probably a good idea. Though anyone who thought old psylocke was a racist charicature, well she’s still a sexy ninja chick, only now with more pseudo-asian philosophical musings...lol
    If a white guy was taking a white guy’s namesake, no one would give a ****. We’ve already seen this go on. Just like we saw all the unbridled racism make itself known during ANAD or Ironheart. Let’s not act brand new.

Man, this is a tough one.

While I want to support this, I can't see it getting to a spot where it can take a break and it seems like a break is coming up quickly?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s soooooo ironic. Like the irony was so thick even Jean’s thighs got jealous. I guess the unfortunate thing about colonization is that there’s a sense of entitlement that is hard for people to shake off realizing that the stuff they own actually wasn’t theirs to begin with.
    Everyone hates kid cable taking the ‘real’ cables place, ditto teen Scott trying to take the place of rightclops. I think teen beast was the only one people preferred to the original, but that only because he had become so despised, lol. Even though new pyro only existed for a few issues, most people were saying, why isn’t guggenheim using it he real pyro? And there was much rejoicing when ‘real pyro’ showed up in Mauraders.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 12-13-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Fantastic Member

I don’t understand why Kwannon went to Krakoa in the first place. Why is she trippin about Betsy when it was the Hand that merge their bodies and minds? I guess she being primed to a villain associated with Sinister. I hope Rachel makes an appearance to save Cable’s booty lol

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

There are hardcore Psylocke fans?

You ever want to see or read some crazed Betsy/OG Psylocke postings check out the comments & arguments that have been on the blog dedicated to her.