Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Yeah, I do recall that... I think he was just a different kind of mutant because he had his powers from birth. He was mutant enough to die from the legacy virus...
    He was from a previous step in the evolution line. Basically human ughh.

Extraordinary Member

OK, but seriously, I can't be the only one who thinks "pollen" is a really silly streetname for a drug.

every time I read one of these giant size first issues I can't help but ache over the story potential we're missing out on because the regular issues are so damned short. We'd never have gotten brilliant moments like the Kitty/Logan convo if it wasn't for the added length

what a bizarre and satisfying issue. Percy really has range. Loved seeing X-Force, unironically loved the corny vampire schtick especially the Buffy stand-in...hope there's more of that weirdness. hats off to Percy for making me interested in not one but two wolverine storylines...never thought it could be done

oh and the art's stellar but we've been aware of this

I enjoyed this, need to see more of the pale lady and the vampire story needed a Blade cameo. I hope he shows up later on.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Now the second story: Catacombs

Wolverine is running around Krakoa, treating the Island like a “training ground” until someone arrives from one of the Krakoa covered in blood: Omega Red. Red starts to taunt Wolverine, and well you know how it’s going to end, Wolverine tells Red to go back to where he comes from and start to attack him until Magneto intervenes and stops him.

Wolverine is angry telling Magneto that Omega Red shouldn’t be here, but Magneto says that Omega Red is welcomed here and beside he’s covered in blood so he sends Wolverine through the gate Red came through to investigate. Wolverine lands in Paris, and discovers with horror that Omega Red has left a trail of bodies behind him.

Back on Krakoa, the discussion become more heated between Wolverine and Magneto after Erik told Cecilia Reyes to heal Omega Red, Logan tells him that Red is a psycho and shouldn’t be allowed here to which Magneto responds that the same could be said about the two of them. Wolverine tells him that there are kids on the island (if you know Omega Red’s history, you know why Wolverine might be worried especially when it comes to the kids' safety) to which Magneto responds that Omega Red will be punished if he crosses the line and that resurrection will be available in case one of them become Omega Red’s prey (damn that’s cold Erik) but Logan tells him that resurrection are irrelevant and immortality won’t erase trauma.

Magneto continues by saying that Krakoa is a nation and Wolverine is part of X-Force, so their C.I.A and tells him how the real C.I.A has been doing some nasty stuffs for years and that now it’s his job to find what happened with Omega Red and to clean it up. Omega Red is now locked in a cell until he's fully healed and debriefed, Wolverine then interrogates him to learn more, Red says he’s not responsible for the dead bodies and tells Logan to investigate the "King’s Oubliette" if he wants to know more.

Back in Paris, Logan is stopped by a woman selling flowers who wants to sell him a dog rose but he refuses and decides to head to the "King’s Oubliette" (it's a bar) to resume his investigation, in here he’s drugged and before his healing factor could kick back the poison he’s tied up by a bunch of vampires who are now ready to drink his blood (that scene is really messed up). Wolverine popped his claws and is able to defend himself when suddenly the girl who was selling flower enters the bar and starts taking names and kicking asses, she’s a vampire hunter and the reason she wanted to sell Wolverine a dog rose was to make sure he wasn’t a vampire since they hate those kind of flowers as much as garlic.

Back on Krakoa, Omega Red tells Wolverine that he was trying to show him the truth when he sent him to the “King's Oubliette” and that the corpses Wolverine found previously were just vampires who didn’t finish their transformation yet, he also warns him that the Vampire Nation is now growing and that he’s a changed man, he also blame Wolverine for his condition saying it’s his fault if he killed people for years because Logan kept the c-synthesizer away from him. Of course, Logan put him back in his place telling him that he was already a serial killer long before his transformation which doesn’t stop Omega Red from playing the victim card (kind of similar to what he said during the Weapon X series). He then told him the story of St Julian while at the same time the corpses previously found by Wolverine awake inside the morgue in Paris and drink the blood of the coroner who was examining them before escaping.

After hearing Red’s story, Logan goes to a church “Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre", where he once again meets the vampire hunter from before, her name is Louise, she’s part of an ancient order, the nightguard, devoted to fight the vampire nation, she also tells him that because of what’s going with Krakoa, humankind is distracted which is now the perfect opportunity for the Vampire nation to rise.
    The duo then head to the catacombs of Paris to face the vampires, but they soon fall in a trap which allows the vampires to drink Wolverine blood before escaping which surprise both of them, the vampires then head to a secret place where the blood they took from Wolverine is transferred to their leader: Dracula.

The mutants are now united under Charles Xavier and the Vampire nation under Dracula. Sometime later, Omega Red now all healed is crossing one of the Krakoa gate and goes back to Paris where he meets with Dracula, who can now stands in the sunlight thanks to Logan’s blood. We then learn that Omega Red has been working with Dracula all along just to get the c-synthesizer which is given to him although a detonator is hidden inside of it. Dracula then tells Omega Red to join Krakoa but to obey him.

One last white page about the Pollen drug where we learn a little more about Jeff and his family and how the flower cartel has arranged a meeting with the undercover C.I.A agents in Alaska although it seems his orders are unclear.

“Beyond the pale.”
    I liked this story better than the first one. Also, interesting points raised with Omega Red being welcomed on Krakoa…
    If it wasn't for the somewhat cliché take on Paris and vampire Hunting, I would be all over this issue.
    Still.

3/5. A good read. Somewhat balanced out the first story who fell flat for me. Hope next issue will pick up some steam.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I liked this story better than the first one. Also, interesting points raised with Omega Red being welcomed on Krakoa…
    If it wasn't for the somewhat cliché take on Paris and vampire Hunting, I would be all over this issue.
    Still.

3/5. A good read. Somewhat balanced out the first story who fell flat for me. Hope next issue will pick up some steam.
    Yeah the first plot seems to lack originality because some of its concepts have quite a few analogies. Orders of X, Wolvie Vs X-Men wannabe are some of these things which has been showcased in different but with some similarities b4.

I like that Percy introduced this radical version of the Order of X because they are an equivalence to the Church of Ascendancy seen in Hickmann's PoX in Moira's live in year One Hundred, imo. Humans wanted to be part of what they worshiped. Their gods where the machines and they wanted to be something better by becoming part machine. I think it is a good reminder that the Mutants with their nation walking on razors edge here in becoming like their archnemesis.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-21-2020 at 04:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    I like that Percy introduced this radical version of the Order of X because they are an equivalence to the Church of Ascendancy seen in Hickmann's PoX in Moira's live in year One Hundred, imo. Humans wanted to be part of what they worshiped. Their gods where the machines and they wanted to be something better by becoming part machine. I think it is a good reminder that the Mutants with their nation walking on razors edge here in becoming like their archnemesis.
    Good catch, hadnt thought abt that. Tbh I need to re read HoXPoX I feel like I forgot a bunch of stuff.

Revisiting the issue, it's interesting that the pale girl needed the russian mob to sell drugs for her. Making it all the more likely that she's the sick daughter because she can't sell herself from a hospital bed. Also notice she forced the mobsters to maim themselves when they disobeyed her, and in the page where the dad is told by the doctor he can see his kid, you can see he has a big scar on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Good catch, hadnt thought abt that. Tbh I need to re read HoXPoX I feel like I forgot a bunch of stuff.

Revisiting the issue, it's interesting that the pale girl needed the russian mob to sell drugs for her. Making it all the more likely that she's the sick daughter because she can't sell herself from a hospital bed. Also notice she forced the mobsters to maim themselves when they disobeyed her, and in the page where the dad is told by the doctor he can see his kid, you can see he has a big scar on his head.
    I agree that the scar seems to have a meaning. Well, that would be a twist.
    He might also ran into some mutants before.
    We got this art tease from Kubert:

Or she wants only to play.
    Or she is simple a vessel.
    There are a lot of posibilities

Edit: it would be a interesting twist.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-21-2020 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Edit: I mean interesting twist

BANNED

I agree. Church of Ascendency and Orders of X are somewhat similar but Orders of X and Church of Ascendency were far from being equal tier beings(for now, we don't yet know)

Phalanx are worshipped by Post Humans that were beyond Nimrod. They were sentient beings or celestial creatures. Post Humans weren't that much superficial as much Orders of X IMO. It's kinda loose inverse version of the Church of Ascendency.

Actually this type of analogies for mutant worship cults is happening more than often. It's not just Wolverine.

J.D. White and B. Percy made a cameo:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamKuber...284737/photo/1

Nothing to add here except that this issue was really solid. Great start, and I’m enjoying Logan back in the brown and tan. Great update to his best costume IMO.

They seemed to me rather "U-Men even crazier".

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Was it only me who noticed a glaring error on Domino,in Kubert's story she is whole no missing eye no scarred right arm,using guns instead of Forge's tech.This is a major error,unless this episode happened before the hit on Xavier,but we don't have any indication to that effect.Changing books and artist is causing continuity errors.Guys in the editor room should be careful.
    Doubtful that it happened before considering that X-Force was only established afterwards. Depending on the time frame between X-Force and Wolverine, maybe it occurs at a point after Domino has been healed?

BANNED

J.D. White and B. Percy made a cameo:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamKuber...284737/photo/1

How very sexy next time I hope he's shirtless.