Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post

The original 5 must be in the mid-30s reaching 40.
    Emma and Betsy I think are a little older than them ... and Storm is certainly the oldest of all of these she is possibly starting in her 40s or mid-40s.
    But they aren't. There is a sliding time scale. The 05 aren't that much older than ANAD actually because when they joined they were older than when the 05 became X-Men (16-18). Also going into the 80's Rogue was 18 when she joined, and Rachel was 17, Kitty was about was 14 when she joined. Kurt and Ororo were about the same age in that era. He was 21 and she was about 22/23. I think Piotr was about 19.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is more likely for two people to be equals in a relationship when they are in the same age group or cl9se enought, even if they are both adults, so the apprehension is understandable. Still, i just remembered how much Kurt is shipped with Logan in spite him being 19(Kurt was pretty young if i remembering correctly) when they first met lol.
    When I started shipping them, back in 1980s, the age gap wasn’t so ridiculous; Logan was older, sure, but not that much older.
    Given he’s now, what, 180? Putting Logan with most characters is pretty creepy.

So I just ignore it, particularly as From the Shadows pointed out, Kurt is frequently the mature one in the relationship.

Ultimate Member

And yet putting like an 80 something Magneto with a twenty something Rogue is fine to some...Logan is like 140 right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    When I started shipping them, back in 1980s, the age gap wasn’t so ridiculous; Logan was older, sure, but not that much older.
    Given he’s now, what, 180? Putting Logan with most characters is pretty creepy.

So I just ignore it, particularly as From the Shadows pointed out, Kurt is frequently the mature one in the relationship.

He is like 130 right now. Also we didn't really knew how old Logan was in the 80s, we knew that he was old enought to be a young man in World War II and that he hasn't aged day since then.

Still i don't really mind the ship, it just seemed curious that most people never really put the age gap as a critic there, but yeah Kurt usually come across as the wise one in the relationship. As for shipping Logan, is not a part of him that appeals me much, but as long as the person in question is at least in their mid to late 20 i don't really have a problem with it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    But they aren't. There is a sliding time scale. The 05 aren't that much older than ANAD actually because when they joined they were older than when the 05 became X-Men (16-18). Also going into the 80's Rogue was 18 when she joined, and Rachel was 17, Kitty was about was 14 when she joined. Kurt and Ororo were about the same age in that era. He was 21 and she was about 22/23. I think Piotr was about 19.

Rogue was 17 when she joined the group. No 18 when she joined the group. Infact many times it was said that she was hardly a child. Same Rachel. In fact they were the same age as the older New mutants.

Rogue turned 18 years later. but enter with 17 years old.

Having said that . as I said, the fans do not want to see them grow worse, it is absurd that characters like Rogue or Rachel are in their mid-20s and the originals are not in their 30s, that's impossible. less with Betsy and Storm who are the oldest.

I love Claremont's career. and I don't recall mentioning that Storm was 22/23 in those days. when clearly you could already see an older woman.

Easily in the 80's storm it could be like Carol Danvers who was 28/30 those days. and they won't tell me Carol hasn't gotten older she can easily be in her 40s and is the most important female character in the publisher right now.

So if I think pertinent to assume that the original 5 are in the 30's

That said, if I had to appreciate Carol's appearance and Storm's appearance in the 80's, I would say they were the same age ... mature women. in fact I would say Storm looked even older than Carol.

So I am intrigued to know why you claim Storm was that age in the 80's because I never saw that, or I don't remember it. what is clear to me is that she is quite older than the rest of the team.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think all the characters age except the ones who are fixed in a point in time were made younger, otherwise they all would be adults in their 60īs or 70īs given they were created back in the 60īs. So with the exception of Magneto, Wolverine, Banshee and Xavier every other X-man has been made younger to fit the marvel moving timeline.

Magneto usually doesnīt have romantic partners but if he had one right now I would like to see him with Black Widow or with Selene, I donīt think they talked much when he was grey king of the Hellfire Club but Selene voted for him to become their leader so there must be some kind of relation between them. With Black Widow he could remember his past as an spy or fight Hydra together, that would be interesting and I heard she also older than she looks so there would not be a problem for a difference in ages.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-05-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I love Claremont's career. and I don't recall mentioning that Storm was 22/23 in those days. when clearly you could already see an older woman.

Easily in the 80's storm it could be like Carol Danvers who was 28/30 those days. and they won't tell me Carol hasn't gotten older she can easily be in her 40s and is the most important female character in the publisher right now.

So if I think pertinent to assume that the original 5 are in the 30's

That said, if I had to appreciate Carol's appearance and Storm's appearance in the 80's, I would say they were the same age ... mature women. in fact I would say Storm looked even older than Carol.

So I am intrigued to know why you claim Storm was that age in the 80's because I never saw that, or I don't remember it. what is clear to me is that she is quite older than the rest of the team.
    Storm's birthyear was given in one of Claremont's first issues. It was 1951 dated in 1976, making her 25 at the time

As for the 05, 3 out of 5 of them died and were resurrected. If they werent before, Jean, Scott and Warren are likely mid 20s now which is editorial has stated.
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-05-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It would be cute to see Magneto with a woman close to his age but on other side his life is so tragic and his journey so dangerous complicated for him to be able to have a romantic relationship or something serious. He is a man that lives for his cause, everything else is secondary.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-05-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It would be cute to see Magneto with a woman close to his age but on other side his life is so tragic and his journey so dangerous complicated for him to be able to have a romantic relationship or something serious. He is a man that lives for his cause, everything else is secondary.
    I think precisely because of this the character needs to have a new relationship or and old one to give something different to the story. Magneto both seeks to help mutants as a way to save his people but he also always wanted to get back the family he lost, twice this time around, so he also seeks links with other people despite his tendencies to be lonely It can be done but he would have to find a woman equally invested in her own mission for them to share experiences imo.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sadly i believe that if Magneto found love and happiness again it would probably stripped from him and only fuel his rage againts the world more

Agreed, this happened on Age of Apocalypse and in the movies but imo if the X-office is really interested in doing some things new they could try to do something different to what has been done in the past. I know Magneto having a romance is not a priority for any writer and it doesnīt need to be a big event but if done well it could be a nice story. Last time I checked it seems Magda was mia and not dead in her biography so marvel could even do a new story between them and Magda could be given more background story.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm's birthyear was given in one of Claremont's first issues. It was 1951 dated in 1976, making her 25 at the time

As for the 05, 3 out of 5 of them died and were resurrected. If they werent before, Jean, Scott and Warren are likely mid 20s now which is editorial has stated.
    Yes she was supposedly older than 22 but I think Marvel later de-aged her to early twenties if I remember. I know Rogue is now 18 when she joined. I read it in a Marvel Bio. Unless it went back to 17 or it was just a mistake on their part. I read Kurt as only being 20 in some fill-in Excalibur issue, I was like What??? so I'm guessing the age changes are partly error and partly de-aging.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He is like 130 right now. Also we didn't really knew how old Logan was in the 80s, we knew that he was old enought to be a young man in World War II and that he hasn't aged day since then.

Still i don't really mind the ship, it just seemed curious that most people never really put the age gap as a critic there, but yeah Kurt usually come across as the wise one in the relationship. As for shipping Logan, is not a part of him that appeals me much, but as long as the person in question is at least in their mid to late 20 i don't really have a problem with it.
    Wolverine always looked like a man in his 40's since he first took off his mask. Not 130 but twice Kurts age in appearance but then he looks like that with the whole ANAD team barring Banshee. Yet, they helped guide him through his rages so its hard to remember they are younger, like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

you don't believe that nor you lol. they died but were returned to the age they were have at the time of their deaths. Xavier clearly returned in a body of about 40.
    not in one of 20. The resurrection protocol returns them to the age they were at the time of their deaths.

For me it is quite clear that the O5 they must be older than the generation of Rogue and Rachel. at least about 7 years more.

And Storm is certainly the oldest but the originals5 must be close to her age.

I don't understand what the problem is with the characters getting older. and of course they do ... but in time for comics which is super slow.

I do believe that the storm generation and the original 5 are already in their 30's, it is impossible to continue having 25 all of them. when that's probably how old Rogue Rachel and Sam.

Being in the 30's is not being old for love to God.