View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 65 of 123 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The issue is that she just apologised and it ended there. She didn't face any consequence for her actions if not Rogue or the X-Men being mad at her. The Avengers were angry, but never betrayed Wanda like some X-men did Scott after the P5 incident (and the Avengers, especially She-Hulk, did have plenty of reasons to be mad at her, since it was her fault for their team being dismantled and even worse stuff happening, and still she wa).
    okay. I get it now. You want the Avengers to “betray” Wanda because some X-Men “betrayed” Cyclops. It sounds like your issue is with the X-Men who betrayed Cyclops then, not with Wanda.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    She doesn't love herself
    She must. She genuinely believed she could have a singing career at one point.

She also gets furious when discriminated against more than she gets sad.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-09-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I'm fairly certain that mutants have no culture or community and they don't need to be born.
    Did you forget what side of the argument you were on or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    um no? the character isnt a mutant or an x-men why on earth would she become an important figure on krakoa
    Both of your dismissals were covered in my commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its 90 % of the writting we have to analyze about wanda and mutant issues, what do you want us to do? Pretend its not canon when its all there is when it comes to this particular conection
    Wanda hasn't done a lot for mutant issues, but let's be honest here. Most that is in these posts are jokes, conjecture and hyperbole.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Did you forget what side of the argument you were on or something?
    Sarcasm is tough to read, I know.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    okay. I get it now. You want the Avengers to “betray” Wanda because some X-Men “betrayed” Cyclops. It sounds like your issue is with the X-Men who betrayed Cyclops then, not with Wanda.
    I was making a comparison about the different treatment that the characters got after the commenter I replied to said that Wanda had it hard and Scott did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I was making a comparison about the different treatment that the characters got after the commenter I replied to said that Wanda had it hard and Scott did not.
    Scott got the treatment he did because they actually planned out a story arc for him. He'll never be just a plot device because he's a team leader and a male. So sure, he gets a kind of villain arc, if you could call it that. And then redemption. Which is what I'd have liked for Wanda to get and not just thrown away for 7 years.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Cyclops not wanting the power is a technicality at best. He wanted somebody else to have the power. A person he "trained" and would do whatever he wanted them to do.

Then there's the matter of him attacking allies so he could get ALL of the power.

And if you want to complain about Wanda causing mutant deaths, how about the time Xavier unleashed his mental powers created Onslaught and killed ALL the Avengers.
    Still, Stark gave the power to the P5 and they were not meant to be hosts like hope. So yeah.

He attacked the others under the influence of the Force, so what's your point there.

I'm not complaining about Wanda causing mutant deaths, she did cause those deaths, it's a fact. I'm complaining about the lack of punishment she got while others in similar positions got it, like the P5.

And Onslaught was not Xavier trying to get unlimited powers for selfish reasons and losing control of it. Kinda different and at the same times two wrongs don't make a right.

Has Wanda EVER Said something positive about Mutants??
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Wanda is a mess and is confused. It will be very tough to retcon her back to being a mutant but it must occur and it shall.

I hope her fans and the X-fans can at some point reconcile.

PEACE !!!! We can all get along. I feel strongly in my bones there is a great tale to be told of Wanda learning to love herself fully, by helping out the very race she nearly destroyed. It's beautiful
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

[]https://i.imgur.com/RpbBhpe.jpg[g]
    Lol I know you're joking, but kind of? Despite being defeated by a blindfold, she was very proud of hey mutant hex bolts. She and Pietro are both devasted when their powers weaken and they worry they're not real mutants.

Ha! Found it. Avengers 16 or 17

What a wimp.

She also remarks once that she didn't take anti-mutant prejudice seriously enough as an Avenger. She lead a public life as a famous mutant and people do recognize her in the street this issue (Avengers 113 or 114?) but she can also walk around more freely than Nightcrawler or Mole.

Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-09-2020 at 01:41 PM.

She’s definitely said some anti-human stuff, which is the same thing to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wanda is a mess and is confused. It will be very tough to retcon her back to being a mutant but it must occur and it shall.

I hope her fans and the X-fans can at some point reconcile.

PEACE !!!! We can all get along. I feel strongly in my bones there is a great tale to be told of Wanda learning to love herself fully, by helping out the very race she nearly destroyed. It's beautiful
    We dont have a problem with Wanda fans we just think she sucks.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Lol I know you're joking, but kind of? Despite being defeated by a blindfold, she was very proud of hey mutant hex bolts. She and Pietro are both devasted when their powers weaken and they worry they're not real mutants.

Ha! Found it. Avengers 16 or 17

What a wimp.
    Oh so that explains that issue from 2000 where Kulan Gath chained the Avengers to a wall (they used to get chained to the wall like every year) but put some metal blindfold thing over Wanda's eyes.

I guess the theory is she can't zap unless she knows where she's zapping? Maybe? Who knows. Nothing about her power makes sense.