Page 220 of 750 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

I'm not trying to be negative but my interest is barely at a 30%-40% rate.
    It is hard to be interested in a movie that is years away and you know absolutely nothing about. Other than constant clickbait rumors. Even the date of release could be in flux due to covid.

Especially considering there is zero MCU hype right now in general thanks to the long break in movies + covid issues throwing everything off.

I mean, I love teh movie, one of my favorite movies ever, and I haven't thought about the sequel at all in ages lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Rumor is they're releasing the three final issues in July. I think in the same day.

Agents probably got saved from being digital only by having an Empyre tie-in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Who knows Maybe if they release a three at the same time it won't be a complete borefest...

Rip the band aid off at least.

We will get 3 issues discussions, arc discussions, and then entire run discussions (complete with the troll crowd coming in and calling coates run the best panther run ever. Guaranteed to happen) over with all in like one week lol.

Sounds good to me.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

There's stuff going on in the world so there isn't really time to get hyped, once things start going back to normal and people can get out again then I'm sure the hype level will skyrocket. Basically this was one of those interviews where someone is just throwing out "hey this is still happening"

There's stuff going on in the world so there isn't really time to get hyped, once things start going back to normal and people can get out again then I'm sure the hype level will skyrocket. Basically this was one of those interviews where someone is just throwing out "hey this is still happening"
    I'm a big movie theater guy, especially MCU stuff, and I definitely not a virus panicker doomsday type.

But you won't see my brown ass in a movie theater for a long long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Rip the band aid off at least.

We will get 3 issues discussions, arc discussions, and then entire run discussions (complete with the troll crowd coming in and calling coates run the best panther run ever. Guaranteed to happen) over with all in like one week lol.

Sounds good to me.
    Yeah I would like to get this to be over sooner rather than later. Because there will be those that claim Coates came back full circle and elevated TChalla to a level he hasn't been before (this is shockingly true, though not in the way they will claim) but really they are here because Storm will probably get some massive feat while TChalla "wins" but having her on his team.

This would be the time for Coates to show us why TChalla is the Black Panther, the one you don't frak with, the true king and warrior we all know him to be.. but it's likely going to be him stating no one man and it takes a nation while showing a spanning double panel (maybe) of everyone and the scene as if they are all from Wakanda

By just looking at how the conflicts ended in the previous arcs should tell us how the current conflict will resolve.

My guesses:

1. Zenzi, to complete her "revenge" against Killmonger.

2. Storm, the character Coates actually wants to write, constantly hyping her importance, and she one shotted "multiversal" Adversary in season 2 and had all of Wakanda get on their knees for her.

3. T'Challa, the one that I have the least faith in happening. At best T'Challa will "delegate" and someone else will do it like Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    By just looking at how the conflicts ended in the previous arcs should tell us how the current conflict will resolve.

My guesses:

2. Storm, the character Coates actually wants to write, constantly hyping her importance, and she one shotted "multiversal" Adversary in season 2 and had all of Wakanda get on their knees for her.

3. T'Challa, the one that I have the least faith in happening. At best T'Challa will "delegate" and someone else will do it like Storm.
    Gotta add bast in there. Fits, she's female

maybe Wakanda can all pray to Bast this time lol

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the preview of the book posted a few pages back was... Odd. Nic stone definitely doesn't grasp the voices of the Wakandan characters. Which obviously none of us are the target audience but they definitely don't try and make it feel like Wakanda is it's own living breathing entity. How TChalla and Ramonda come off is kinda cringey
    I have read some of Nic's stuff. At times it can be female intense and a strong focus on the lead being done right to decent. I would say if it was about TChalla-you would see a better showing.

I jsut know you probably got a decent to best seller based on the writer's name. If it was not for this virus I would include school sales.

Spectacular Member

My guesses:

Honestly Ororro isn't the problem tbh because I expect her to pop up in a couple BP issues and Storms powers are amplified by belief (which is why you saw Tchalla give that speech before having everyone kneel getting storm to rise out the claustrophobic thing) and I know some fellow BP fans know that already but Coates isn't the guy for a series like BP. He's too centered on western politics and the story concepts he's introduced haven't been executed well, BP needs a solid writer that understands the whole mythos and his ties to other character's.

It's just best to be patient tbh because that's my and everyone else's only option really, I just take the good with the bad for real I mean we can for the most part agree that Coates writing style isn't it but if people like the stories they like the stories but a character on the rise like T'challa and a expanding mythos like BP overall could benefit from a writer that actually knows what they're doing in terms of story telling and character development. The feats will come eventually trust me, just gotta ride this out and keep an ear open in terms of the next move with an actual source and none of that rumor stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Honestly Ororro isn't the problem tbh because I expect her to pop up in a couple BP issues and Storms powers are amplified by belief (which is why you saw Tchalla give that speech before having everyone kneel getting storm to rise out the claustrophobic thing) and I know some fellow BP fans know that already but Coates isn't the guy for a series like BP. He's too centered on western politics and the story concepts he's introduced haven't been executed well, BP needs a solid writer that understands the whole mythos and his ties to other character's.

It's just best to be patient tbh because that's my and everyone else's only option really, I just take the good with the bad for real I mean we can for the most part agree that Coates writing style isn't it but if people like the stories they like the stories but a character on the rise like T'challa and a expanding mythos like BP overall could benefit from a writer that actually knows what they're doing in terms of story telling and character development. The feats will come eventually trust me, just gotta ride this out and keep an ear open in terms of the next move with an actual source and none of that rumor stuff.
    It's about more than feats. It's about story and the handling of characters which Coates has done a poor job of.

Spectacular Member

It's about more than feats. It's about story and the handling of characters which Coates has done a poor job of.
    My point exactly which why I mentioned that, the BP book needs a writer that has an understanding of the character, the mythos, the cast and his ties to other character's. That's obvious but it comes down to whom that person will be but until then you might as well just ride this out while you can and if you weren't reading Coates book before then you got nothing to worry about, personally I have no problem with a character like storm (and or other character's) appearing in the book I mean that is his current slash most relevant love interest and what she does from a story standpoint depends on the writer same with Shuri and Okoye. Point being is that I am sure the BP book will get a better writer and most of us can agree especially from the jokes I've seen that coates is not the guy for character like this, maybe Cap but not the Panther man. It'll be fine I ain't worried, concerned but not worried just gotta wait and see brodie that's your only option really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post

Here's the thing people tend to forget. When a character breaks out and becomes popular, you continue to write good stories about them, you dont oversaturate the market, and you definitely don't start trying to break out the supporting cast while the lead is still on the rise. Shockingly, If you build the title character and their world then the supporting cast will naturally develop as well. Coates issue is that he clearly doesn't care for TChalla and has zero qualms about chumping him on favor of out of franchise characters saving the day.

I really hope the next writer channels their inner Priest, Hudlin, coogler and redjack

I've honestly reached the point where the comics are irrelevant to me. If I have a yen to read BP comics, I have older stories of quality to revisit.

I'll go see the movie opening weekend (assuming that's still a thing by then) but I'm not going to obsess about it. My will to nerd out has been sapped by reality.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I've honestly reached the point where the comics are irrelevant to me. If I have a yen to read BP comics, I have older stories of quality to revisit.

I'll go see the movie opening weekend (assuming that's still a thing by then) but I'm not going to obsess about it. My will to nerd out has been sapped by reality.
    It is going to have to be a really really really exciting (to me) writer of BP to drag me back to monthly buying. The first sentence of whatever first interview comes out better be, "I love T'challa because...." If it's not, I probably won't care.

As soon as they announce some literary type or someone else with any agenda at all, I don't know if I will even have the energy to give a rats ass. I am definitely done arguing with unfans and trolls. If they want to continue to tear down T'challa, Marvel Comics can go right ahead.

The comics are a uninfluential, minuscule influence on Black Panther now.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

To me comics are always going to be the most relavent media for a super hero (on a personal level... as far as marvel and the IP movies obviously means much more at this point). Comics come out once a month, while a movie will MAYBE come out 2-3 times a decade if you're lucky. It's just a much more convenient way to get your fix.

Plus, the discussion element on boards like this. A constant stream of new material gives you stuff to actually talk about. With movies, after a certain point that well starts drying up real fast. No comics for a super hero means little to no discussion after a certain point. Sort of why my favorite things to talk about on boards is probably comics and wrestling... there's no off season so you never run out of stuff to talk about.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-11-2020 at 07:28 AM.