Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Hal Jordan butchered the Green Lantern franhise. Excluding a few lanterns-folks have pretty much fogotten what he did. He KILLED other lanterns.
    John Stewart has been DOGGED by that planet that blew up on his watch for YEARS. Folks still come running after him.
    Every Lantern ever killed wasn't really dead, and by current continuity, it wasn't even Hal.

John Stewart has only ever been dogged for Xanshi by a raving lunatic, Fatality, and she's mostly gotten over it.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-22-2020 at 10:44 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Every Lantern ever killed wasn't really dead, and by current continuity, it wasn't even Hal.

John Stewart has only ever been dogged for Xanshi by a raving lunatic, Fatality, and she's mostly gotten over it.
    In one comic it's kinda hinted that he was harder on himself than Yrra Cynril was..... No really, Yrra once told him it was literally his GUILT that left him paralyzed, and not his injuries. She had the opportunity to easily kill him during a time period when he wasn't a Lantern, but she apparently decided that killing a man who was practically drowning in self loathing just wasn't satisfying. Maybe she actually felt pity for the man who'd accidentally destroyed her planet? Then there was that one story after she got shoved into the Star Sapphire conversion crystal where they literally kissed and made out. Also it's not really clear if Yrra actually had feelings for him. Prior to becoming a Star Sapphire Yrra had flirted with him, but she also flirted with Kyle Rayner.

Seriously, in one comic they reveal than John had on multiple occasions attempted to use his GL ring to put Xanshi back together. But taking a bunch of small lifeless rocks and lumping them into bigger lifeless rocks just isn't good enough.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That seems like EXACTLY what the X-men are all about these days. If you have the right racial background, all your crimes are ignored.
    I suppose other apocalyptic-keen writers would have just had the mutant villains keep on trying to slaughter or enslave the humans, once again harkening back to Magneto’s human slaveowner desires from back in the 60s. I suppose that once the X-Men feel they’ve had a firm grasp on economically, politically, and socially having made a safe place for themselves in the world and have some semblance of Professor X accomplishing his dream of human/mutant integration, because Professor X said he still loves humans, at least the ones who haven’t treated him and his friends badly, that’s when I suppose they’ll start holding more of the villains accountable for their past crimes as well. It has been suggested that complete, 100% isolation from human societies isn’t the best way either, so sooner or later Hickman may have more of the mutants gradually integrate themselves into high positions of human societies after winning enough of the humans over with money, healthcare, and such, and may even go so far as to have some of the humans genuinely grow to trust the mutants after seeing how important Hickman made things like money out to be.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 05-27-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I suppose other apocalyptic-keen writers would have just had the mutant villains keep on trying to slaughter or enslave the humans, once again hardening back to Magneto’s human slaveowner designers from back in the 60s. I suppose that once the X-Men feel they’ve had a firm grasp on economically, politically, and socially having made a safe place for themselves in the world and have some semblance of Professor X accomplishing his dream of human/mutant integration, because Professor X said he still loves humans, at least the ones who haven’t treated him and his friends badly, that’s when I suppose they’ll start holding more of the villains accountable for their past crimes as well. It has been suggested that complete, 100% isolation from human societies isn’t the best way either, so sooner or later Hickman may have more of the mutants gradually integrate themselves into high positions of human societies after winning enough of the humans over money, healthcare, and such, and may even go so far as to have some of the humans genuinely grow to trust the mutants as well seeing as how important Hickman made things like money out to be.
    I think Claudine's idea with Mothervine was a step in the right direction, even if it turned out to not work as she'd planned.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I suppose other apocalyptic-keen writers would have just had the mutant villains keep on trying to slaughter or enslave the humans, once again hardening back to Magneto’s human slaveowner designers from back in the 60s. I suppose that once the X-Men feel they’ve had a firm grasp on economically, politically, and socially having made a safe place for themselves in the world and have some semblance of Professor X accomplishing his dream of human/mutant integration, because Professor X said he still loves humans, at least the ones who haven’t treated him and his friends badly, that’s when I suppose they’ll start holding more of the villains accountable for their past crimes as well. It has been suggested that complete, 100% isolation from human societies isn’t the best way either, so sooner or later Hickman may have more of the mutants gradually integrate themselves into high positions of human societies after winning enough of the humans over money, healthcare, and such, and may even go so far as to have some of the humans genuinely grow to trust the mutants as well seeing as how important Hickman made things like money out to be.
    In the case of Sabretooth, they already did. Just because mutants aren't letting themselves be judged by human systems that have been consistently biased against them, doesn't mean they don't believe in accountability anymore. Sabretooth got buried in Krakoa for murdering humans in House of X #1, which violated Krakoa's law, and after what Sebastian Shaw did to Kate Pryde in Marauders, I'm willing to bet that once his part in that is discovered, he'll be joining Sabretooth, since he betrayed and subverted his fellow mutants for the sake of his own ambitions. The others, bad as they and their past actions are, have so far complied with Krakoa's laws, so until they cross the line similarly to Shaw or Sabretooth . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That seems like EXACTLY what the X-men are all about these days. If you have the right racial background, all your crimes are ignored.
    kiiiinda like ....never mind
    I suppose other apocalyptic-keen writers would have just had the mutant villains keep on trying to slaughter or enslave the humans, once again hardening back to Magneto’s human slaveowner designers from back in the 60s. I suppose that once the X-Men feel they’ve had a firm grasp on economically, politically, and socially having made a safe place for themselves in the world and have some semblance of Professor X accomplishing his dream of human/mutant integration,
    Yeaaah it's not like they've stopped tho
    because Professor X said he still loves humans, at least the ones who haven’t treated him and his friends badly, that’s when I suppose they’ll start holding more of the villains accountable for their past crimes as well. It has been suggested that complete, 100% isolation from human societies isn’t the best way either,
    That's not what Amnesty means we've yet to see 100% isolation
    so sooner or later Hickman may have more of the mutants gradually integrate themselves into high positions of human societies after winning enough of the humans over money, healthcare, and such, and may even go so far as to have some of the humans genuinely grow to trust the mutants as well seeing as how important Hickman made things like money out to be.
    I mean money is always an important in the X-Men just how many people famous or not do you know they can just start an accredited school a couple times over using his family's land as the campuses I hope this riders in for the long-haul because having Flatscans trust mutants enough to Take healthcare advice or be in charge of their children....or money
    GrindrStone(D)

I suppose other apocalyptic-keen writers would have just had the mutant villains keep on trying to slaughter or enslave the humans, once again harkening back to Magneto’s human slaveowner desires from back in the 60s. I suppose that once the X-Men feel they’ve had a firm grasp on economically, politically, and socially having made a safe place for themselves in the world and have some semblance of Professor X accomplishing his dream of human/mutant integration, because Professor X said he still loves humans, at least the ones who haven’t treated him and his friends badly, that’s when I suppose they’ll start holding more of the villains accountable for their past crimes as well. It has been suggested that complete, 100% isolation from human societies isn’t the best way either, so sooner or later Hickman may have more of the mutants gradually integrate themselves into high positions of human societies after winning enough of the humans over with money, healthcare, and such, and may even go so far as to have some of the humans genuinely grow to trust the mutants after seeing how important Hickman made things like money out to be.
    This is so a strange statement.
    I love kittens. They are so cute.
    It doesn't mean I consider them as my equals.
    Back then, Xavier's dream was to consider everyone as equals.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In the case of Sabretooth, they already did. Just because mutants aren't letting themselves be judged by human systems that have been consistently biased against them, doesn't mean they don't believe in accountability anymore. Sabretooth got buried in Krakoa for murdering humans in House of X #1, which violated Krakoa's law, and after what Sebastian Shaw did to Kate Pryde in Marauders, I'm willing to bet that once his part in that is discovered, he'll be joining Sabretooth, since he betrayed and subverted his fellow mutants for the sake of his own ambitions. The others, bad as they and their past actions are, have so far complied with Krakoa's laws, so until they cross the line similarly to Shaw or Sabretooth . . .
    And it's logical, citizens of a country must abide by its laws…
    This… amnesty, it has a disastrous effect at an international level. It is hard to justify.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I honestly just think the X-men are taking a clue from the history of Nelson Mandela and South Africa to develop their country in a way that will give their people a chance to have their own lifes without having to worry about mutant prejuice it doesnt mean they are like **** humanity or something like that, they just want to have their own place, this time big enough to protect those who are not able to protect themselves.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    kiiiinda like ....never mind
    But true. Villains without their powers and their X-gene wouldn't be treated in the same way.

I mean money is always an important in the X-Men just how many people famous or not do you know they can just start an accredited school a couple times over using his family's land as the campuses I hope this riders in for the long-haul because having Flatscans trust mutants enough to Take healthcare advice or be in charge of their children....or money
    As long as people can benefit from rich people, they don't mind them much. And if it stops…
    I think it's a mix of love and hate: no one likes very much to depend of someone.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    This is so a strange statement.
    I love kittens. They are so cute.
    It doesn't mean I consider them as my equals.
    Back then, Xavier's dream was to consider everyone as equals.
    It wasn’t kittens he was talking to, and it wasn’t kittens he was scolding either though.

There’s also a small part of Professor X which hasn’t stopped believing in the dream of humans and mutants one day coexisting peacefully, as it’s what he himself said after all.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 05-27-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I honestly just think the X-men are taking a clue from the history of Nelson Mandela and South Africa to develop their country in a way that will give their people a chance to have their own lifes without having to worry about mutant prejuice it doesnt mean they are like **** humanity or something like that, they just want to have their own place, this time big enough to protect those who are not able to protect themselves.
    This seems obvious but a lotta folks see what they wanna see
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    But true. Villains without their powers and their X-gene wouldn't be treated in the same way.
    True. Wanda got promoted
    GrindrStone(D)

It wasn’t kittens he was talking to, and it wasn’t kittens he was scolding either though.
    You know what I mean: love and the ways to express it can be puzzling. Hunters say they love nature and they kill animals.

There’s also a small part of Professor X which hasn’t stopped believing in the dream of humans and mutants one day coexisting peacefully, as it’s what he himself said after all.

He said so. Ah, the wonderful time of thought bubbles…

This seems obvious but a lotta folks see what they wanna see
    Don't we all?

I think the X-Men have never been a reflection of real life minorities they might have supposed to have been but it was too poorly executed for it to matter what the intentions are. The major difference between real life minorities and the X-Men is that real life minorities do not have the power to fight back with force so they have to try to appeal to a better part of their oppressors that may not even exist. The X-Men have the power to fight back against and eliminate their oppressors but choose not to.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 05-28-2020 at 02:47 PM.