View Poll Results: ALL-FEMALE JUSTICE LEAGUE--VOTE!

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • BATGIRL

38 16.67%
  • BATWOMAN

68 29.82%
  • BLACK CANARY

143 62.72%
  • DOCTOR LIGHT

65 28.51%
  • FIRE

51 22.37%
  • GREEN LANTERN JESSICA CRUZ

109 47.81%
  • HAWKWOMAN

122 53.51%
  • ICE

47 20.61%
  • JESSE QUICK

72 31.58%
  • MERA

147 64.47%
  • STARFIRE

57 25.00%
  • SUPERGIRL

95 41.67%
  • VIXEN

132 57.89%
  • WONDER WOMAN

190 83.33%
  • ZATANNA

161 70.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I think Batgirl and Batwoman ate into each other’s votes, though to be fair I feel like both of them are low on the totem poll when it comes to JL female members.

According to the poll:

1) Wonder Woman (duh!)
    2) Zatanna (her placing surprised me)
    3) Black Canary (no surprise due to history)
    4) Mera (membership is long overdue)
    5) Vixen (no surprise)
    6) Hawkwoman (should have placed higher imo)
    7) Jessica Cruz (pleasantly surprised)
    This team is nearly perfect but it needs a speedster, I would replace Black Canary with Jesse Quick

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Given the choices on the poll:

1. Wonder Woman
    2. Supergirl
    3. Batwoman
    4. Mera
    5. Green Lantern
    6. Hawkwoman
    7. Jesse Quick
    8. Starfire

I mostly picked characters that would be analogous to classic league members, and then I threw in Starfire because even though seven is a classic number for the Justice League, I prefer even numbers. However, there was one character that wasn't on the poll that I'd prefer to have as a member than Starfire because it would continue with my analogues: Miss Martian.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This team is nearly perfect but it needs a speedster, I would replace Black Canary with Jesse Quick
    Jesse belongs on the JSA with Jade.

What there is two of these threads?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post2868788

My Heaven Sent Seven (for today anyway :

Wonder Woman
    Mera
    Vixen
    GL Jessica Cruz
    Conjura (The alt earth Zee)
    Kimiyo Hoshi
    Manitou Dawn
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-29-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Big 7 female League:

Wonder Woman
    Mera
    Jesse Quick
    Jessica Cruz
    Supergirl
    Batgirl
    Hawkwoman

Versatile League:

Zatanna
    Vixen
    Dr Light
    Fire
    Ice
    Black Canary
    Starfire

Here are my picks

Wonder Woman (Leader)
    Mera
    Zatanna
    Vixen
    Batwoman
    Supergirl
    Black Canary
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I picked 8 (should have read the OP first, but all well); I like even numbers anyway:

Wonder Woman (duh)
    Black Canary (history and the street level combatant)
    Green Lantern: Jessica Cruz
    Zatanna
    Batwoman (I still prefer Barbara as Oracle)
    Vixen (need my black queen on the team)
    Mera (another queen that deserves some shine)
    Doctor Light (she should be used more and can be the big-brain on the team)

Not a fan of Supergirl but if Powergirl was on the list, she would replace Jessica, even though a Green Lantern is more "useful" that Doctor Light's power, I still stand by that kimiyo should be a bigger presence in the DC universe. And if a "token" man need to fill that role, I would replace Batwoman or Vexen (I would hate to, but...) with Mr Terrific.

Boisterously Confused

Bit bummed that my lady Jessie Quick didn't make the cut, but I can't quarrel with the top 7 in the poll. That would be a solid outfit.

My All Female Justice League:

1) Wonder Woman
    2) Hawkgirl
    3) Black Canary
    4) Green Lantern
    5) Vixen
    6) Zatanna
    7) Mera
    8) Katana
    Adding Katana adds a flavor to this team that I must admit I like. Gives it a nice balance.

Kory/Starfire would also be nice as the 8th member.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Adding Katana adds a flavor to this team that I must admit I like. Gives it a nice balance.

Kory/Starfire would also be nice as the 8th member.
    Definitely! That’s what I added her. I also like that the lineup is very diverse in terms of race, power set and personalities. Looking at the lineup, I now want a book like this lol.

Pretty interesting that all 5 of the heroes not connected to a male counterpart got the most votes (Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Mera, Black Canary, and Vixen), while the next 3 up (Hawkgirl, Jessica Cruz and Supergirl) have a male counterpart. I’m curious to see where Katana would have placed ��

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder if Babs would have gotten more votes if she were Oracle instead of Batgirl.
    That’s why I miss Oracle. As iconic as Batgirl is, their are a bunch of female characters who can play that same role. In a weird way, returning to Batgirl was kind of a downgrade for the character. I remember when Oracle was a thing, she use to always rank pretty highly on lists like this. She was essentially the information broker of the DCU, now she’s just one of many street level vigilantes.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 05-31-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    That’s why I miss Oracle. As iconic as Batgirl is, their are a bunch of female characters who can play that same role. In a weird way, returning to Batgirl was kind of a downgrade for the character. I remember when Oracle was a thing, she use to always rank pretty highly on lists like this. She was essentially the information broker of the DCU, now she’s just one of many street level vigilantes.
    I agree. But if you think about, with advances in technology, isn’t it obsolete for a superhero to totally depend on someone remotely with a computer.

When you could have telecommunications like that with characters already in the field getting access. Like Cyborg for example. Or....anyone with an Iphone.

Ultimate Member

Agreed. I feel like her return to being Batgirl just put her in competition with Huntress, Cassandra Cain, etc. where, as Oracle, she had a pretty unique storytelling niche all to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I agree. But if you think about, with advances in technology, isn’t it obsolete for a superhero to totally depend on someone remotely with a computer.

When you could have telecommunications like that with characters already in the field getting access. Like Cyborg for example. Or....anyone with an Iphone.
    While that's true for Cyborg, who has the internet in his head, I can't imagine that someone like Black Canary or Huntress is going to be wanting to go into a scrum holding her cellphone in one hand and trying to scroll-through web-pages of information while fighting for her life with her other hand...

Someone feeding them information, and looking up / researching stuff for them remotely, while they are on the ground, needing to sneakily sneak around, or fighty mcfight for their lives, seems like a handy thing for anyone not Cyborg.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-31-2020 at 12:54 PM.

I literally just realized that Batgirl is in last place on this poll. Fire, Ice and Dr Light even have more votes than her, despite not being as iconic. Maybe Batwoman’s inclusion on the poll cut into her votes, Though even with all of Batwoman’s votes she still wouldn’t have made the team lineup

Extraordinary Member

I literally just realized that Batgirl is in last place on this poll. Fire, Ice and Dr Light even have more votes than her, despite not being as iconic. Maybe Batwoman’s inclusion on the poll cut into her votes, Though even with all of Batwoman’s votes she still wouldn’t have made the team lineup
    Has Batgirl ever been on a Justice League team before? Cassandra Cain was on Justice League Elite. Babs as Oracle has been a
    Member.

The others you mentioned are JLA veterans. And even Batwoman was on the James Robinson JLA spin-off.

But no Batgirl.