Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Honestly I like this idea better than them being on a separate planet.

It pains me to say but I think the mutant metaphor can be done much better where mutants are the only beings with superpowers.

I don't necessarily love this idea if it's true but I think I'd be willing to give it a chance. It could work.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That's the exact same thing leakers were claiming would happen during Secret Wars.
    Well, Remender left, leaving the job to Lemire who decided to make X-haven instead.

Mighty Member

True or not, it's all getting a bit tedious these days.
    I suspect Disney are gnashing their teeth over the success of Deadpool. While sadly much of what they're putting out is starting to resemble bad teen comedies (with the exception of Winter Soldier).

BANNED

Here's the thing
    Magneto
    Storm
    Rogue
    Original x men
    Wolverine

They aren't going ANYWHERE..I dont know about different worlds..different planets but they WILL MATTER in the 616 timeline. Period. Bottom line.

Not buying it. This sounds like a bunch of long time fan theories thrown together (X-Men being sent to their own universe) with what little fans know about the upcoming Marvel stories (Death of X announcement, Carol and 'Timegazer').

If Marvel wanted to shun X-Me into their own world why wouldn't they have done it already with the Secret Wars? I don't know, sounds weird.

As for my reaction if Marvel were to do that? I'd have mixed reactions about that. X-Men having their own universe would have its positives and negatives. On one hand they couldn't be interrupted and bothered by Avengers, Inhumans, etc. as much and could possible do their own thing better and the mutant metaphor would also work better but then on the other hand they might be neglected if they were left to their own devices separated from the rest of MU and I certainly wouldn't want X-Men to live in a universe where only thing that separates their world from ours is the existence of mutants. It would be really boring and tedious in the long run.

Besides we have to remember that if X-Men were shunted into their own world now it would probably mean that only the mutants would go there. All the rest of their non-mutant characters like some villains (Juggernaut, Sauron, Dark Riders, Reavers, Purifiers, Friends of Humanity, etc.) and their supporting characters (humans, Maximoff twins, most of Alpha Flight, aliens like Shi'ar, etc.) would be left behind in the regular MU so the X-Men universe would be considerably smaller and more neutered in that regard. Well, even more so than they already are.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 04-05-2016 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    They aren't going ANYWHERE..I dont know about different worlds..different planets but they WILL MATTER in the 616 timeline. Period. Bottom line.
    What makes you so sure?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    A separated X universe would give more versatility to the X men, lasting effects from their events since they'd be the core heroes and no pesky inhumans or avengers
    It depends how it would be executed. If it was executed in a way where every non-mutant X-Men character was left in the old MU and there were no counterparts for them on this new X-Men universe then I would say that it actually would do the opposite and make their universe less versatile because there would only be mutants and nothing else. No cyborgs like Reavers, no aliens like Shi'ar, Phalanx and Brood, no space adventures with the Starjammers, no mutate characters like Juggernaut, Deadpool, Sauron or Savage Land Mutates. And no Alpha Flight or Captain Britain either. And since Maximoff twins are no longer mutants they would also be excluded from this new X-Men world. To me that would be a terrible thing if all of these long time X-Men characters were to be taken off the table as far as stories in x-books are concerned. After all, it's one of the big reasons why FoX-Men universe seems so unappealing to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TigerRavioli View Post
    I do believe that Death Of X will be killing popular Xmen but i don't believe in putting all the mutants into alternate universe away from Inhumans and Avengers it would give Fox more ideas which is what Marvel is avoiding
    Yes... FOX might copy the story and put their version of the X-Men in a universe where there aren't any other superpeople. Wait, hang on... Isn't that their normal status quo already?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    why do you think think that would be better though?
    The X-Men story is a progressive one, not just in the political sense but also because it is a story with a start and that is supposed to progress towards conclusion or at least some story progression.

You have the tale of a new emergent species of human and their struggle for acceptance.
    The whole "world that fears and hates them" should not the be all and end all of the X-Men story. Things should eventually get better. And that is something that can't happen in a universe that is ruled by the status quo.

And there's of course also the whole mess of why it's just the X-Men that are especially feared and hated and not every other super (who do get feared and hated on occasion, in specific stories, but by and large are much more accepted and seen as heroes).

I just got a tweet from Rich Johnson at Bleeding Cool, who has broken the news for a lot of major rumors before. He says this rumor is, in his own words, "utter bullocks." And more often than not, Rich is pretty good debunking a rumor. I didn't think this rumor was all that likely to begin with. Now, I'd be completely shocked if even part of it turned out to be true.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

When has spoilers that project 6 months to a year in the future, coming out of 4 chan, ever been true? Relax everyone and stop feeding the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    When has spoilers that project 6 months to a year in the future, coming out of 4 chan, ever been true? Relax everyone and stop feeding the trolls.
    Well it's not entirely unprecedented. A few years ago, Bleeding Cool reported 9 months ahead of time that Superman and Wonder Woman would get together. This was before the Flashpoint reboot had even started. Also, BC reported that Wolverine would die and mutants would be poisoned by the Terrigen Mists months before it actually happened. So yes, this does happen. Every now and then, something does leak. That said, Bleeding Cool has not verified any parts of this rumor so in my book, that's reason enough to believe that it's bunk.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I just got a tweet from Rich Johnson at Bleeding Cool, who has broken the news for a lot of major rumors before. He says this rumor is, in his own words, "utter bullocks." And more often than not, Rich is pretty good debunking a rumor. I didn't think this rumor was all that likely to begin with. Now, I'd be completely shocked if even part of it turned out to be true.
    understood marvelmaster616. thank you for relaying this important information to the people

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

lol. Would there even be a need for Super Heroes in the MU if Carol gets to keep her Minority Report pet?

I'm dying here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Hmm, I don't always believe Bleeding Cool, but they've been right about a lot of rumors in the past. Unless Marvel is releasing this as some sort of reverse-psychology way to get us to not believe it, then this is good evidence that at least part of the rumor is false.