Page 391 of 824 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 12353
    Ultimate Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...Fu7?li=BBnbcA1

John Boyega steps down as Jo Malone ambassador after getting cut from commercial in China

John Boyega is stepping down as global ambassador for British perfume brand Jo Malone after the company apologized for cutting him out of the Chinese version of a cologne commercial he helped create.

The "Star Wars" actor, 28, announced in a series of tweets Monday night that he had decided to step down, citing the brand's misstep in cutting him from the Chinese campaign without notifying him.

"Their decision to replace my campaign in China by using my concepts and substituting a local brand ambassador for me, without either my consent or prior notice, was wrong. The film celebrated my personal story– showcasing my hometown, including my friends and featuring my family," he wrote.

It's not the first time Boyega has been deleted from a China-based ad. He played a leading role as Finn in 2015′s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” but he and other nonwhite characters were removed or diminished from a Chinese poster for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I saw this on Twitter. A lot of folks brought up the fact that Kang, aka Nathanial Richards, is a descendant of Reed Richards, meaning whenever they cast Reed it might be a black actor they use this time. Folks seemed more excited over that prospect than, well, Kang himself. But casting Jonathan Majors opens up that possibility.

Do we want a Black Kang the Coloniser though?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Ironically Marvel might be using a black actor to play Kang just so they don't look like, well, Ridley Scott when they revel he was Rama-Tut. It might not necessarily be in the spirit of inclusion but rather insurance against looking tone-deaf cause they plan on doing that particular storyline down the road.

So, agreed there, folks thinking this means a black Reed Richards might indeed be sadly mistaken.

X-Men is another can of worms, though. In order to see black characters they would have to race bend them, especially black male mutants. Either do that and face the ire of fanboys online, or don't and get the movie-going public going "So, its Storm, that's it for black characters?"

I'm curious how Marvel will handle it. Morbidly curious, but not enough to lose sleep over it.

X-men isn't lacking in black or any other minority characters in general. I hope the MCU uses more obscure and diverse mutants to introduce the x-men rather than taking the ones already mainstream. The MCU already has the rep it needs to sell obscure characters.

Anyone reading the manga Burn The Witch? It's by the same person who made Bleach. He always included diverse characters:

It's set in london I hope he keeps including more diverse characters considering how multicultural london is:

Attachment 100630

DC's Hispanic Heritage month promo image.

I was pretty excited to see this at first but then I remembered they did something similar for their Juneteeth image. Trotted out characters they hardly ever use to show how diverse they are. If a character is going to represent a minority group, maybe actually include him in monthly comics more often. Jaime doesn’t even appear in DC’s group splash pages of “important” characters or in event books.

DC: “look we have a brown person! We don’t use him but hey...diversity!”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Crazy. Disney acquired all those Marvel mutants and still only ended up with a single hand worth of Black characters. Might have a finger in change coming back to you depending on how you feel about that aboriginal brotha with the rock on the string that could open a portal. They better age-bend the **** out of Moses Magnum for the big screen.
    It's not like Fox was great with diversity when they had X-men. Storm was pushed to the background, Darwin died stupidly in First Class and all the white mutants got the major roles.

The thing is The Xmen world does have a great cast of characters who are POC. But they are so ignored for the most part. I love Sunspot, Skin would be fun to see. They just never do anything with them. Bring them out for the movies.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Just wait til they start racebending OG xmen lol. The **** storm will be legendary.

Southern Black Rogue anyone?

What about Black Cajun Gambit?
    A Black Creole Gambit sounds like a good idea to me. Gambit as mixed race person from that culture makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Anyone reading the manga Burn The Witch? It's by the same person who made Bleach. He always included diverse characters:

It's set in london I hope he keeps including more diverse characters considering how multicultural london is:
    Knowing Kubo's track record with black and brown characters, I'm not expecting it to be handled well but I'll wait and see.

Ultimate Member

F..k those guys!

Boyega was 100% right to walk away from them.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-16-2020 at 02:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Attachment 100630

DC's Hispanic Heritage month promo image.

I was pretty excited to see this at first but then I remembered they did something similar for their Juneteeth image. Trotted out characters they hardly ever use to show how diverse they are. If a character is going to represent a minority group, maybe actually include him in monthly comics more often. Jaime doesn’t even appear in DC’s group splash pages of “important” characters or in event books.

DC: “look we have a brown person! We don’t use him but hey...diversity!”
    DC/WB need to take a page from Marvel/Disney's book. Ms Marvel and Miles Morales have been major players in pretty video game franchises.

There's no reason to not see the Jaime Reyes play a bigger role in other DC related media. We barely even see him comics despite having a very cool look and powerset.

Do we want a Black Kang the Coloniser though?
    Hell yeah, why not?

Need more minority villains.

X-men isn't lacking in black or any other minority characters in general. I hope the MCU uses more obscure and diverse mutants to introduce the x-men rather than taking the ones already mainstream. The MCU already has the rep it needs to sell obscure characters.
    I'd rather race bend Gambit than see someone shitty like Gentle on screen.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

These big movies pandering to China is just getting gross.

They did the same thing with star wars and did the same thing with T'challa for china.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    A Black Creole Gambit sounds like a good idea to me. Gambit as mixed race person from that culture makes perfect sense.
    From the part of Louisiana that Gambit is from he should be Creole, Cajun is a whole different group.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    These big movies pandering to China is just getting gross.

They did the same thing with star wars and did the same thing with T'challa for china.
    Its ironic that Mulan had a disappointing box office debut in China after changing so much from the animated version to appeal more to the Chinese market. With the Chinese government baring the media there from covering the movie due to the Xinjiang backlash and the low box office turn out Disney will most likely lose money on the movie now.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

If being Cajun is an important part of Gambit's character then I feel like changing him to creole might not be the best thing. Since the two groups both have different cultures and history.