Page 420 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I guess they could borrow a very limited version of the "metahuman thesis" sparking a corporate arms race, and make Lex's goal to turn his middle-sized company into a powerhouse of national security & bio-weapon technology. He'd have to have one or several foils that he can actually defeat. To make it work he'd probably have to make a choice between ultimate success and preserving strained family relationships with his father and/or sister, and he sacrifices that attachment to come out on top and soak in the success. Show him as an innovative thinker constantly trying to prove himself, breaking the rules, and developing an elitist attitude in smallville where he feels restrained before he leaves. And yes, daddy beats him.

All the major companies-Wayne, Kord, and Queen industries are all too connected to heroes to be antagonists. They can get a mention but someone like Simon Stagg should be his biggest competitor. That's a good contrast actually since Stagg won't sacrifice his relationship with his daughter, the morally redeeming quality he has which holds him back from beating Luthor. Ivo and T.O. Morrow are also good candidates.

I think betrayal should be a central theme, with Mercy coming up as the only one willing to get as dirty as he does in order to help his vision. Yeah, this could work.
    Just doesn't sound enough like a Luthor movie to me.

Retired

I'm for following the Joker formula in making a move that 1) adapts the work of a respected director 2) is set in a period that the director focused on and 3) puts a DC character in that environment.

So the Kents in the dust bowl era of the Great Depression adapting John Ford's movie of THE GRAPES OF WRATH.

The Penguin in the 1950s adapting the work of Alfred Hitchock in such movies as TO CATCH A THIEF, VERTIGO and REAR WINDOW.

Plastic Man in 1960s Rome, in the style of Frederico Fellini's OTTO E MEZZO and LA DOLCE VITA.

Clark Kent and Lois Lane in a 1940s screwball comedy patterned after Howard Hawks' HIS GIRL FRIDAY and BRINGING UP BABY.

The Teen Titans in a 1970s coming of age film, based on movies by Mike Nichols, THE GRADUATE and CARNAL KNOWLEDGE.

Johah Hex in a post-Civil War western of the Sergio Leone spaghetti western type.

Apparently Isis and Dr. Fate will also feature.
    https://heroichollywood.com/dwayne-j...tor-fate-isis/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm for following the Joker formula in making a move that 1) adapts the work of a respected director 2) is set in a period that the director focused on and 3) puts a DC character in that environment.

So the Kents in the dust bowl era of the Great Depression adapting John Ford's movie of THE GRAPES OF WRATH.

The Penguin in the 1950s adapting the work of Alfred Hitchock in such movies as TO CATCH A THIEF, VERTIGO and REAR WINDOW.

Plastic Man in 1960s Rome, in the style of Frederico Fellini's OTTO E MEZZO and LA DOLCE VITA.

Clark Kent and Lois Lane in a 1940s screwball comedy patterned after Howard Hawks' HIS GIRL FRIDAY and BRINGING UP BABY.

The Teen Titans in a 1970s coming of age film, based on movies by Mike Nichols, THE GRADUATE and CARNAL KNOWLEDGE.

Johah Hex in a post-Civil War western of the Sergio Leone spaghetti western type.
    I'd pay to watch each and every one of those, sir

Great to hear about the JSA. I wonder will Black Adam show up during the Golden Age?

I just hope they don't end up making the JSA unlikable to make Adam look good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just doesn't sound enough like a Luthor movie to me.
    I think the problem is that you are to welded on the idea that Lex's pathos is based on his interaction with Superman. Maybe you should think outside of the box for a new interpretation? For me, this was done during the run-up to this year's "Year of the Villain" event, where Lex wants to a) redeem his father's legacy while surpassing it, and b) give a middle finger to Superman. To me, Lex has always been amoral, long before Superman showed. However, it took Superman to expose Lex's true visage to the world at large, and thus completing Lex's journey into super-villainy. A Luthor origin story doesn't need a Superman for the set-up phase; the turn can be in a sequel or something.

Retired

Applying the Joker formula to Luthor, the movie would pay homage to director Ralph Nelson, known for the 1960s movies LILLIES OF THE FIELD, FATHER GOOSE, but most especially in this case CHARLY (starring Cliff Robertson).

As well, the story would owe something to FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON, as well as the real life story of Wlliam James Sidis.

Lionel and Lillian are scientists who believe they have a system for creating a super-intelligent child and they use their son as their test subject. Lex is recognized as the most intelligent person in the world, but this honour only causes him pain as he becomes a social outcast. He plots his revenge upon the world, but in the end a flaw in his parents' experiment means that Lex is going to die and before he does, he becomes super-ordinary. However, for Lex not being intelligent is the greatest gift. He can finally appreciate the simple things in life, without suffering the great angst that his intellect gave him.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-22-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Great choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Wonder if they’re going with Selina being Falcone’s biological daughter?

Hm. One of my biggest doubts about the rumors of "The Batman" being indebted to The Long Halloween was that they hadn't cast any mafiosos, but suddenly Falcone is confirmed. Then again, as good as Turturro can be he's hardly going to play the smooth yet powerful father figure from the comics here, and I'd argue that portrayal is key to the story in many ways.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

If it's indeed using The Long Halloween as its main inspiration, they better cast Calendar Man soon.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I hope they don't take anything but the basic premise (Early years Batman solving a mystery while confronting a gauntlet of his foes) from TLH.

That thing is all style and no substance. But as a basic idea to run wild with and put your own spin on, it can be good.

I'd also love to see Gothic and Arkham Asylum: AHOSE used as blueprints for films.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I hope they don't take anything but the basic premise (Early years Batman solving a mystery while confronting a gauntlet of his foes) from TLH.

That thing is all style and no substance. But as a basic idea to run wild with and put your own spin on, it can be good.

I'd also love to see Gothic and Arkham Asylum: AHOSE used as blueprints for films.
    ...especially since pretty much all the rest of that story was already adapted in The Dark Knight.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow