Page 339 of 750 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We still might see more in the background, and we know some sort of giant megazord is supposed to at least show up in the cancelled mini.

But the thing is that ship fights often don't translate well into comics (as we saw in Coates book despite the art work being on point). Super hero comics just work better with heroes on the ground fighting man to man, even if it doesn't make a ton of sense in any sort of modern warefare. This inherently still is an Avenger/FF story... and we're most likely not going to see them fight flying ships or tanks. It's an issue of the genre more than anything else.
    Nah.. that ain't true at all, it's only poorly translated if the artist poorly translates it. Anything can look cool if the artist is creative about it. The problem is that artist these days don't go for creative but instead standard stuff. From guns to swords to martial arts combat. Read any action manga of all genre's and tell me even the most obscure stuff can look dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    ugh, I was afraid Infinity War would paint how Marvel portrayed Wakanda going forward in battles.

Where are the tanks? Where are the flying ships? The Mechs?
    Laziness, I get it to some extent movie Budget may not be able to cover it but comics there's zero excuse whatsoever

We still might see more in the background, and we know some sort of giant megazord is supposed to at least show up in the cancelled mini.

But the thing is that ship fights often don't translate well into comics (as we saw in Coates book despite the art work being on point). Super hero comics just work better with heroes on the ground fighting man to man, even if it doesn't make a ton of sense in any sort of modern warefare. This inherently still is an Avenger/FF story... and we're most likely not going to see them fight flying ships or tanks. It's an issue of the genre more than anything else.
    Counter-example:

Even though most of the weapons seen didn't actually do anything in the battle, they were at least THERE.

Unlike Empyre, which basically just duplicated the Dora Milaje designs from the movies and did a bunch of CTRL-C & CTRL-V:

And, of course, the great force field falls to a bunch of unarmed plant aliens....

Yeah uhhhhh for the most advanced nation on the planet, that looks pretty damn weak. Where’s the artillery? The vehicles? Aerial support?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Counter-example:

Even though most of the weapons seen didn't actually do anything in the battle, they were at least THERE.

Unlike Empyre, which basically just duplicated the Dora Milaje designs from the movies and did a bunch of CTRL-C & CTRL-V:

And, of course, the great force field falls to a bunch of unarmed plant aliens....
    And I don't disagree that it can't be in the background as window dressing. Just like it was in Priests run. They didn't really do anything... but it may very well be in the background.

My point is that it's simply not going to matter in the story one way or the other.

The point of the force field is likely to omit that from the story (just like Infibity war) so it becomes a ground fight with the heroes and Dora's. Again, it's the genre.

Counter-example:

Forced movie synergy at it's finest...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm wondering, if previous Panthers ingested the herb, you'd think that whatever they gained would pass on genetically to their offspring. So by the time T'Challa was born, would he even need to ingest the herb?

It would just be ritual at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Possibly. Personally I've always liked the idea that the HSH's power wasn't passed down genetically or only limited to Bashenga's bloodline. You go through the trials, get the herb, and get approved by Bast, giving you powers. The kids are born like any other human and have to prove themselves like a regular Wakandan would.
    Genetics don't work that way. It was actually a theory for a while (look up Lamarckism) but it's not considered valid these days.
    The way I always understood it (and if I'm wrong please correct), the HSH is the equivalent of a super-vitamin only it lasts the rest of your life. The only thing genetics determines is if it KILLS you instantly the moment you take it or not. You can pass those genetics down, but you can't pass down the powers of the HSH.

But say you do have a genetic predisposition to withstand it and enjoy the abilities you get from it...its moot if you can't past the trials. Its also moot if you do pass the trials, ingest the HSH, but then you're not approved by Bast who has the power to mute those abilities.

BANNED

How many Wakandans have/wear a Vibranium battle suit on par with T'Challa's?

Even Avengers EMH had mechs and blasters!

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    How many Wakandans have/wear a Vibranium battle suit on par with T'Challa's?
    In the movies? Nobody, although I assume the Dora habits have at least SOME Vibranium in it, and the Border tribe have those blankets.

In the comics? The Hatut Zeraze suits were on par with his, and hence the White Tiger's.

In the Coatesverse? The Midnight Angels.

BANNED

In the movies? Nobody, although I assume the Dora habits have at least SOME Vibranium in it, and the Border tribe have those blankets.

In the comics? The Hatut Zeraze suits were on par with his, and hence the White Tiger's.

Thanks

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Haven't the HZ appeared in Coates' run as well?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

And I don't disagree that it can't be in the background as window dressing. Just like it was in Priests run. They didn't really do anything... but it may very well be in the background.

My point is that it's simply not going to matter in the story one way or the other.

The point of the force field is likely to omit that from the story (just like Infibity war) so it becomes a ground fight with the heroes and Dora's. Again, it's the genre.
    No, it's pure laziness. Straight up. You can make a chess game interesting if you have the creativity and make it dynamic. Hardly an excuse to show the most advanced nation on earth look so poorly. Especially then when you have the enemy easily bypass their defense like it's nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Haven't the HZ appeared in Coates' run as well?
    Yes, but I don't remember their suits doing anything other than being white tbh. I don't remember any cloaking or anything

About the empyre thing... can't believe that is the art for a big event. Who was the artist? yeesh

I don't even think the MU spears shoot tank busting lasers. I think they are just sharp sticks.

Editor: The battle will take place in Wakanda... home to any tech you can make up thanks to being the most advanced technological place on earth that is a military powerhouse. Artist and Writers... you can make up whatever you want! Writers think of some crazy ****. Artist... draw something nuts!

Writers: can you draw some spears?

Artist: whoa thats nuts, how bout one clear spear and a bunch of fuzzy spears?

Writers: awesome

Editors: yeah good enough

All I care about is T'challa not dying and doing something with that sword. Please don't die. You die the first time and then it is easier for writes to kill you off again.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 07-30-2020 at 04:53 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html