Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

If this is not about cleaning up a mess, then there is no point to this run.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Pretty much. Basically they are just reinforcing it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

I was expecting/hoping for the last issue today.

Just want this thing over with.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle

double post
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-20-2020 at 03:46 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

If Slott's run does not resolve the adoption, then what is the point? The adoption is not the only dangling thread from Gillen's run, but it is the one everybody gives a damn about.

This run is not even close to good enough to warrant shelf space as anything other than an expedient fix to problems that the current writer did not cause, letting the next writer go back to basics.
    how dare stories exist if not to fix my issues with other stories
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I was expecting/hoping for the last issue today.

Just want this thing over with.
    It comes out next week with iWolverine #2 and Force Works #3. I’m looking forward to see how it ends as I can’t wait to get the new Iron Man series started.

Did Spider-Girl 2020 make any sort of appearance??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Mighty Member

No Spider-girl of any sort, unless she showed up in digital only content.

"Iron Man 2020" adds nothing and says nothing. It is directly drawing on one of the stupidest back-writes in comics.

Fixing the problems left by Bendis would at least mean that Slott did something after 6 issues. At the very least, he could tir off some dingleberry encrusted threads before the relaunch.

His faux-techno-mystical musings fall apart because he does not understand the basics of the subject matter. (Seriously. It is 2020. A professional writer should understand how files are stored and transmitted and have a better grasp of basic knowledge about genetics. )

It comes out next week with iWolverine #2 and Force Works #3. I’m looking forward to see how it ends as I can’t wait to get the new Iron Man series started.
    I think that "Force Works" is going to be digital-only.

Hopefully, the new series will be better.

I think that "Force Works" is going to be digital-only.
    No it's print. It came out digitally already. Diamond has it as shipping next week.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Did Spider-Girl 2020 make any sort of appearance??
    Alas, Spider-Girl 2020 was only in Part 3 of the X-Men/Spider-Man prose novel trilogy "Time's Arrow." Also, since 2020 is now and not the future anymore . . . the Spider-Girl we'd be likely to get would still be Anya Corazon.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

I already tossed my copies of "Force Works" #1and #2. No point in getting 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I have yet to meet one iron man that totally sees the point of this adoption story and is praising it. These writers never put respect on a characters history and expect fans to just enjoy the stories they tell?

It is totally offensive to us adopted children, the fact they made Tonys obnoxious abusive parents „adopters“ perpetuates the stigma that adoptive parents are abusive and would never truly love the adopted!kid like their bio!kid. It is a stupid retcon, that yes should be erased. I don’t even know how it was approved in the first place.

Maybe find a character with good parents and reveal they were adopted all along. But Tony? Really?

I don’t know why, but if they were to fix it .. then I don’t know what was Arnos monologue all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Pretty much. Basically they are just reinforcing it.
    I know, I was holding hope but thank god for headcanons
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Mighty Member

In this case, we are talking about a run of comics that has done nothing and added nothing. At best, it has been a superficial handling of a relatively old idea (artificial intelligence) by a writer with no demonstrable understanding of the relevant technology or philosophy.

And, given the Monte-Cargo nature of the tie-ins, I was expecting this run to have some minimal editorial value.

I don’t know why, but if they were to fix it .. then I don’t know what was Arnos monologue all about.
    I figured (and still hope) that the monologue is meant to set up for a reveal about how wrong Arno has been, and how he has been a damned fool, or a mere pawn or....

"Iron Man 2020" is pretty consistent with the year it is named for.

In this case, we are talking about a run of comics that has done nothing and added nothing. At best, it has been a superficial handling of a relatively old idea (artificial intelligence) by a writer with no demonstrable understanding of the relevant technology or philosophy.

And, given the Monte-Cargo nature of the tie-ins, I was expecting this run to have some minimal editorial value
    Agreed!!

I figured (and still hope) that the monologue is meant to set up for a reveal about how wrong Arno has been, and how he has been a damned fool, or a mere pawn or....

”Iron Man 2020" is pretty consistent with the year it is named for.
    Tell me about it TT^TT
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Final issue of Iron Man 2020 came out today, so that happened. Arno's off the board for now (not gonna spoil how it happened right now), Tony is secure in his identity and off to a fresh (re)start, and as for the Extinction Entity . . . well, not gonna spoil that, either, right now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.