Page 171 of 439 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 6573
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    This is why I prefer the old school where the Amazons didn't have contact with men and there were no babies, and they didn't need babies because they were immortal.
    If they keep the boy babies they're not an all female society anymore, which takes away a big part of who they are as a culture.
    Also Aphrodite and Athena should be the only 2 patron goddesses the Amazons worship.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Also Aphrodite and Athena should be the only 2 patron goddesses the Amazons worship.
    No Artemis?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No Artemis?
    Artemis should also be included. She's Wonder Woman's godmother in the golden age.

Extraordinary Member

My preference re: Amazon children is that they're all made via the clay ritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    My preference re: Amazon children is that they're all made via the clay ritual.
    I agree, but also like the well of souls (I'm sure it's full again after it was emptied during the Amazon's creation) rescued female orphans and converts like Maggie. Bottom line there has to be some way for the Amazons to increase their ranks after so many deaths.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I agree, but also like the well of souls (I'm sure it's full again after it was emptied during the Amazon's creation) rescued female orphans and converts like Maggie. Bottom line there has to be some way for the Amazons to increase their ranks after so many deaths.
    In my personal pitch, the Amazons in the past had a tradition of sending a champion out to Man's world to bring in women who were being abused to Themyscira to keep them safe. This not only increased the population of Themyscira, but made it a more diverse space as well.

(The Amazons, in this pitch, are not immortal, and just have kids.)

Never really felt a need for other Amazonian children beyond Diana honestly, beyond maybe Donna.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Never really felt a need for other Amazonian children beyond Diana honestly, beyond maybe Donna.
    I think it's necesary because Diana would be insane if she grew up with no other children to socialize with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think it's necesary because Diana would be insane if she grew up with no other children to socialize with.
    Well that seems a little overly dramatic...lol. post Crisis versionnof Diana grew up just fine as the onlynchild on the island.

I don't like the idea of other clay children, I prefer it to be unique to Diana. And the well of souls thing seems a bit convoluted. If there have to be other kids on the Island I'd rather they just borrow from mythology and have Amazons copulate annually with Gargareans who live on their own island.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I don't like the idea of other clay children, I prefer it to be unique to Diana. And the well of souls thing seems a bit convoluted. If there have to be other kids on the Island I'd rather they just borrow from mythology and have Amazons copulate annually with Gargareans who live on their own island.
    What is convoluted about the well of souls? It seems this word gets used often for things that are very easy to understand.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Well that seems a little overly dramatic...lol. post Crisis versionnof Diana grew up just fine as the onlynchild on the island.
    Yeah, and that's not how that would actually go. Children need to socialize in order to develop properly
    I disagree with any explanation for Amazonian children that involves sleeping with men.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What is convoluted about the well of souls? It seems this word gets used often for things that are very easy to understand.
    It's not that it's hard to understand, more like over complicating something simple. Originally the Amazons were just created by Aphrodite and then Perez made them into reincarnated dead women. Like wut? And it seems like the only reason he did that is to make it clear that Diana has a soul.

And what do these newly reincarnated Amazons just suddenly appear on the Island at whatever age they were killed?

Yea, this is probably one of the better options. Keeping the Gargareans also means reintroducing Achilles and Patroclus from Simone's run.

I don't want the amazons to be immortal, ageless and superhuman sure but, they should have the fear and tension of death battling demons and other monsters from Dooms doorway. But, my fear isn't about the amazons dying its the frequency at which they do. Most of the time in the comics we see that when the amazons fight its usually as the losing side, sometimes by street levelers who have no business challenging one of them.

Personally, I don't like the idea of there being kids on Themyscira outside of Diana... and maybe Donna. Diana being the only child IS the big deal for the amazons and Hippolyta.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Yeah, mostly agree. If it was mandate that there had to be other children on the island then I'd use either the Gargareans or reincarnate from the Well of Souls. Diana should be the only one from clay.