Page 107 of 141 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Oh I forgot SWORD was blocking Teddy communications grinch ass bitch Abigail done had her spies on the Throneworld, basically they blocked all communications, & saved Teddy at the very last second on the basis he'll owe them one when the Wanda bomb drops.
    LMao i knew you were going to catch that. Also she had cameras set up in the throneworld from the start waiting for the perfect moment to save him. Brand is savage. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Kirbons And More Hellfire Gala Fallout In Today's X-Men Comics
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/kirb...-x-men-comics/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    LMao i knew you were going to catch that. Also she had cameras set up in the throneworld from the start waiting for the perfect moment to save him. Brand is savage. lol
    I can't be mad sis is playing the game, imagine she fucked up & Teddy died though, you'd have that & the Wanda bomb aswell, Billy would not have been "happy" to say the least lmao

Am I a bad fan if I decide to just pretend the recent MAC solo never happened (especially if it’s never referenced again)?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Am I a bad fan if I decide to just pretend the recent MAC solo never happened (especially if it’s never referenced again)?
    A bad fan? Maybe. But in good company? Definitely, because you are not alone.

I am kinda hoping that there's more of Tommy involved in this Wanda-death-business, because while I love me some Billy and Teddy, it is also nice to see some Young Avengers other than them get some attention...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Ok 1 supposedly the Young Avengers will have about 2 cameos in Kang the Conqueror issue's1 & 2 the writer tweeted it we might even see how the OG team formed.
    I'm glad the writer has this to say about the book, 'cause I feel like some Nate stans need a reality check. I see so many of them treating him as this ''UwU babyboy who's gonna come back and be besties with the YA again'', and like... how can y'all just miss the point of his story so bad? Children's Crusade literally ended with him murdering one of the Young Avengers in cold blood and showing no remorse about it. It's pretty clear he was already going down a dark path back then, so I'm glad the writer recognizes this and won't try to ''babyfy'' him like some YA stans love to do. Nate is not supposed to be a good guy. He grows up to become Kang. That was always his story, going all the way back to YA Vol. 1. If anything, this book will be a bridge to explain how that happens.

Also in Sword today Teddy was really holding his own I'm shocked Empyre had me thinking my boy was just gonna get fucked up, but even before Captain Glory showed up Teddy was seemingly doing hella damage to the mindless 1's by himself so go off T we sleep on him, also they still didn't tell him about Wanda when SWORD came to the rescue, my theory that most of the hatred for the pretender moniker was all Billy was true Teddy said it himself. Oh and apparently Billy isn't struggling at all over on his planet the Demiurge is that bitch but we been knew that.
    I gotta say I disliked how spoilers:
    easily Excelsior was broken. I was really expecting some epic thing to justify THEE sword being destroyed, but it was just... a laser from a Mindless One that broke it? How did that even happen when we saw Teddy reflecting their lasers with the same damn sword just moments before?
    end of spoilers I love Ewing, but that was some weak ass writing just for shock value.

Also, I'm kinda hoping spoilers:
    Gla-Ree isn't really dead. I kinda wanted him to stick around and meet Noh-Varr, since he is an AU version of his dad. I think that would've been cool.
    end of spoilers

Oh I forgot SWORD was blocking Teddy communications grinch ass bitch Abigail done had her spies on the Throneworld, basically they blocked all communications, & saved Teddy at the very last second on the basis he'll owe them one when the Wanda bomb drops.
    Honestly... **** Krakoa after this **** Abigail just pulled on Teddy. spoilers:
    Made a bunch of his allies die, stopped all of his friends and family to come help him and risked his own life just to gaslight/gatekeep/girlboss. Also, this issue made it pretty clear they are actively hiding AND lying about Wanda's murder to Billy and Teddy.
    end of spoilers Just foul behavior. I hope she fails hard and they don't get the Empire allyship, because at this point they don't deserve it. And I hope they get a good ass whooping when Billy finds out about it, 'cause they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Nah. I suspect Marvel themselves will ignore it, specially after MAC makes her MCU debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I am kinda hoping that there's more of Tommy involved in this Wanda-death-business, because while I love me some Billy and Teddy, it is also nice to see some Young Avengers other than them get some attention...
    After this S.W.O.R.D. issue, I'm gonna be so pissed if they just ignore Tommy. Abigail Brand is out here LYING to Billy and Teddy about Wanda and Tommy is doing what exactly? Making out with David on Krakoa? Leah Williams is on THIN ICE. She better come up with a very good explanation for this.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-28-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Krakoa is so scared about Billy's reaction their trying desperately to make sure Teddy owes them so he can calm him down, I love that for my boy he has them shook!

Krakoa is so scared about Billy's reaction their trying desperately to make sure Teddy owes them so he can calm him down, I love that for my boy he has them shook!
    Krakoa =\= Brand, as SWORD as clearly established, and Krakoa likely knows nothing about what she did.

It’s nice to know that Abigail Brand doesn’t discriminate when it comes to people she’s willing to manipulate

With peace and love (and perhaps even mild trepidation? haha) I looooved issue 7 of SWORD. I'll restrict my commentary to the Teddy/Brand of it all. Abigail Brand has always been a shady lady. The woman used to date Hank Mccoy, you know what I'm saying? I was over in the X-threads mentioning the weirdness of being a comics fan and finding yourself irregularly drawn to these dubious shady ass characters -- because their deception and underhandedness can be SO FUN TO READ. Like, Doom is a complete piece of ****, but here I am ravenous for more appearances. Like, despite this wretched green haired woman (she's fierce) pulling some serious **** on Emperor Space Hunk & company, I can't help but reach for the "I STAN" button, ready to smash it to bits. haha. Needless to say, I feel there just has to be a reckoning on deck and I can't wait to read THAT because Ewing writes an AMAZING Teddy when he's dropping truth on people. It'll be a terrific moment. GAWD I cannot wait for the Oliveira issue!

My eyes are burning.....

My eyes are burning.....

Lots of NOPE in one image...

Astonishing Member

While Krakoa is surpressing news of Wanda’s death (I think it’s been a day/less than a week) while they prepare to serve Magneto’s head on a platter; it’s pretty clear Brand alone was blocking news of the attack on the Alliance (she thinks she’s more independent than she actually is)

So at this point I'm sure y'all have already seen Jeremy Renner's quote on MCU Kate being 22 and a Hawkeye fangirl. I'm disappointed we're losing all of her formative teenage years from the comics, but can't say I'm surprised at the decision to make her debut as an adult already, since they are clearly basing so much of this show on the Fraction run. This is why I was against Kate debuting in a Hawkeye show; without any of the groundwork laid out by her Young Avengers years, the writers would inevitably feel like tying her origin to a Clint story.

As for the fangirl stuff... it's funny 'cause originally Kate was the ONLY Young Avenger who WASN'T a fangirl. But then Jeff Lemire tried to change that by adding Clint to her backstory, so I guess the show could borrow from some of that. I don't really have an issue with her having an admiration for him, but I do hope they can at least manage to give her a motivation that mirrors her origin story from Young Avengers. I'm not expecting the rape survivor origin at all 'cause this is Disney+ after all, but I hope they can come up with SOMETHING.

Anyway... I'm starting to feel like I need to accept that MCU Young Avengers is probably not going to be what I expected or wanted, and brace myself for more changes, otherwise I'm just gonna be disappointed all the time. And it's wise if other YA fans do the same.

I feel like it was more about political gain than fearing Billy, but if there is a god, they WILL fear him when he finds out about all this ****. Billy needs his Reputation era. It'll add some flavor to his story.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Krakoa =\= Brand, as SWORD as clearly established, and Krakoa likely knows nothing about what she did.
    Even if she was acting by herself, she still more or less represents the interests of Krakoa when she is the head of an organization made up by krakoans. She clearly was doing what she thought was best for her people, so I can't fully separate that from Krakoa when it feels very much like their new era has emboldened mutants to feel like they can get away with that type of stuff. Look at what her pal Beast has been doing over at X-Force. Look at The Quiet Council shenanigans. It's not really an isolated case anymore. It's a problem when it's believable that other people on Krakoa would probably be on board with what she did.

Also, even if the krakoans didn't know about her plan for Teddy specifically, there were several mutants there when she shamelessly lied to Teddy's face about Wanda, and no one even tried to say anything. So as far as I'm concerned they are complacent on this particular issue and think krakoan politics are a priority over basic human decency. We'll see how things go in the next issue, but this one definitely didn't paint a good picture to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With peace and love (and perhaps even mild trepidation? haha) I looooved issue 7 of SWORD. I'll restrict my commentary to the Teddy/Brand of it all. Abigail Brand has always been a shady lady. The woman used to date Hank Mccoy, you know what I'm saying? I was over in the X-threads mentioning the weirdness of being a comics fan and finding yourself irregularly drawn to these dubious shady ass characters -- because their deception and underhandedness can be SO FUN TO READ. Like, Doom is a complete piece of ****, but here I am ravenous for more appearances. Like, despite this wretched green haired woman (she's fierce) pulling some serious **** on Emperor Space Hunk & company, I can't help but reach for the "I STAN" button, ready to smash it to bits. haha. Needless to say, I feel there just has to be a reckoning on deck and I can't wait to read THAT because Ewing writes an AMAZING Teddy when he's dropping truth on people. It'll be a terrific moment. GAWD I cannot wait for the Oliveira issue!
    I totally get stanning morally ambiguous characters. I don't think there is anything wrong with that; it's fiction. To me, it's just more about the fact that I am a Young Avengers fan first, so my bias will inevitably swing towards the boys and not the X-Men. I'm sure most people have that when it comes to their faves.

My eyes are burning.....

It's specially funny now that MCU Kate has been confirmed to be an adult. The category is babysitting realness!
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-31-2021 at 06:17 AM.

YOU GUYS WHAT THE HELL THIS LEAKED DAYS AGO AND I'M JUST SEEING IT NOW????????? WHAT THE ACTUAL **** I'M SO SHOOK

The video is real, btw. The actor spoke up about it on social media (because some brazilians fans were harassing him, lord I'm so embarrassed to be brazilian sometimes). BUT he said he doesn't know if it was actually for Marvel or not, which actually really fits Marvel's MO of doing things so secretively that not even the actors know what they're auditioning for.

Anyway, if you actually pay attention to the dialogue... it REALLY, REALLY sounds like a conversation between Billy and Tommy. It has way too many references to their YA comic book history, down to the fact that Tommy seems to be imprisoned.