View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Getting there. There are a few orphan issues, then the gap between Byrne and Jimenez (about 30 issues), and that's it since Perez's post-Crisis launch
    That's pretty close. I hope they don't bail out now, I'd be really happy to see it all collected. Did Rucka's run get it's third volume? That was a long gap.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    That's pretty close. I hope they don't bail out now, I'd be really happy to see it all collected. Did Rucka's run get it's third volume? That was a long gap.
    Yes, it did, and included the Blackest Night mini. It was quite a wait, too - two years, give or take - but worth it. The stuff between Byrne and Jimenez doesn't really fit perfectly well into the "WW by [Author/Artist]" format of the rest of the volume two collections. There are 18 issues by Erik Luke, but then a bunch of 1-2 issue guest stints interspersed (Mark Millar, Christopher Priest, and Bryan K Vaughn, among others). I'm not sure I'd expect DC to fill in the gap, as much as I think they should.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Yes, it did, and included the Blackest Night mini. It was quite a wait, too - two years, give or take - but worth it. The stuff between Byrne and Jimenez doesn't really fit perfectly well into the "WW by [Author/Artist]" format of the rest of the volume two collections. There are 18 issues by Erik Luke, but then a bunch of 1-2 issue guest stints interspersed (Mark Millar, Christopher Priest, and Bryan K Vaughn, among others). I'm not sure I'd expect DC to fill in the gap, as much as I think they should.
    Messner-Loebs run isn't being collected in the by Author/Artist format, instead opting for the (in my opinion) potentially confusing Book One/Book Two convention. So these uncollected issues could still be released as just WW: [Some title]. There's enough there to make two decent sized books, with #150 as the end point for the first book. But I haven't read Luke's run, so I don't know if that would be a sensible split.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I really liked Eric Luke's run, and would definitely buy a collection. They could do 2 skinny volumes with a common name (like the WML books), or 1 fat trade. I'd almost rather they do that than risk a vol. 1 not selling well enough to warrant completing it and having yet another orphan on my shelf...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

With Wonder Woman's rising popularity (I mean technically she was never unpopular, she just currently sells better as a product) I would love it if DC collected these remaining issues. I still need to get my hands on the rest of the Simone run and the Jimenez run, but I think I can actually have a full post-Crisis WW collection. Almost anyway, I think technically I'd have to get the War of Gods Omnibus

With Wonder Woman's rising popularity (I mean technically she was never unpopular, she just currently sells better as a product) I would love it if DC collected these remaining issues. I still need to get my hands on the rest of the Simone run and the Jimenez run, but I think I can actually have a full post-Crisis WW collection. Almost anyway, I think technically I'd have to get the War of Gods Omnibus
    The War of the Gods omni is skippable if you have WW by Perez Vol. 3 omni; it contains the mini series plus the WW tie-in issues. Unless you really want those random issues of Animal Man, Doctor Fate, Hawkworld, etc...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

Did Flash by Johns omni v2 get delayed? It disappeared from IST, had been showing as releasing today.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Did Flash by Johns omni v2 get delayed? It disappeared from IST, had been showing as releasing today.
    It got pushed back to February the 2nd.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    It got pushed back to February the 2nd.
    Ah thanks. Fingers crossed

Incredible Member

Speaking of push backs, just had an email saying New Teen Titans omnibus 6 has been pushed back from May to July 13th

PRH is now showing that date as well
    https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...-6-by-various/

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The War of the Gods omni is skippable if you have WW by Perez Vol. 3 omni; it contains the mini series plus the WW tie-in issues. Unless you really want those random issues of Animal Man, Doctor Fate, Hawkworld, etc...
    Does it really? I have vol. 1 & 2but never got vol. 3. And who doesn't want random issues of Animal Man and Doctor Fate!

Does it really? I have vol. 1 & 2but never got vol. 3. And who doesn't want random issues of Animal Man and Doctor Fate!
    It was hard for me to pass on any WW omni, but it just didn't make sense financially at the time of release. If I were to come across it deeply discounted in the future, I might pick it up, because there's definitely some odd stuff in there that will never see an oversized reprint in the future.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Speaking of WW Omnis, how's the Azzerello's WW omni, and how's it compare to, say, Simone's.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Speaking of WW Omnis, how's the Azzerello's WW omni, and how's it compare to, say, Simone's.
    I can't speak to the omnibus-specific book builds, but Azzarello's WW was steeped in mythology and while kinda weird (his interpretations of the gods), it was really good. Simone's was good but I can't really remember much about it, if that tells you anything.

For me, the best (fairly recent) WW run was Rucka's first big run, and then Azzarello's second. Anything else is not memorable to me, but then I really like the mythology aspect of WW.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Azz’s run is the only time I’ve ever collected WW. I’ve just never been interested in reading her solo, but I couldn’t turn down an Azz/Cliff Chiang pairing. So with literally nothing to compare it to, I really enjoyed it. The art was stunning and if Azz tore down a bunch of WW mythology to make it work (it was the New 52, so I know it was a post-Flashpoint restart) I wasn’t well-read enough to realize (or critique).