Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Nice explanation of the process Dan. Will say I think you're a little harsh on Darth, he's only throwing an idea out there. No harm in that is there?
    You don't think Darth doesn't have a habit of continuously clobbering people over the head with his obsessively detailed ideas, even when a good number of people have stated they aren't interested in it or that it's somewhat silly?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You don't think Darth doesn't have a habit of continuously clobbering people over the head with his obsessively detailed ideas, even when a good number of people have stated they aren't interested in it or that it's somewhat silly?
    All I will say is that I wished that Tigra was as prominent in Spider-Man's world as The Black Cat was when she knew that Peter was Spider-Man. I see Greer as being the direct opposite of Felicia whereby she's a Police Officer(Anit-Catwoman) whose a good friend of Peter Parker. The one thing that saved Tigra from obscurity was her inclusion into the West Coast Avengers by Roger Stern. Although I wished that he had added Tigra into Spider-man's world as a direct contrast to The Black Cat. I hated the idea of Greer as Tigra as I thought that Marvel had simply given up on her Cat character because her mini series did not work out very well as they wanted the book to appeal to the feminist movement in an attempt to attract female readers. When Gerry Conway first did Spider-Man and The Cat team-up, I really wanted to see him move Greer into the pages of Amazing Spider-Man to further explore their partnership and have Greer transfer to ESU as one of Peter's classmates in the Science Department. I have seen a lot of one shot appearances of characters in Marvel Team-Up that could have thrived in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man after their initial team-up with Spidey. I feel that the Spider-Office in the 1970's should had viewed Marvel Team-Up as a testing ground to see which non Spider-Man created characters could do well in the pages of Spider-Man. And a few had passed the criteria based on the number of appearances and interactions with Spider-Man, like the Black Widow for example. Thus, the Spider-Office had let an interesting opportunity slip passed them...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-24-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

Here is a question that I asked Tom Brevoort on his Tumbir page:

Darthfury78
    Will Marvel ever allow their wrtiers to create a Spider-Man x Tigra Team-Up adventure? Their last team-up was 1982. Why the long wait?
    Anonymous
    Tom Brevoort response:
    Nobody has particularly been pitching a Spider-Man/Tigra team-up story.
    I wish that someone at Marvel would pitch a Spider-Man and Tigra team-up adventure as they did with Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-27-2015 at 04:31 AM.

Sounds like there's absolutely no creator interest in Spiderman/Tigra, which makes sense since there's so little precedence.

I'd like to see Valkyrie become part of Peter's world, but only in her human Barbara Norris form, and only during months with 31 calendar days. They shared a panel together in the late 70's and it was clear they had riveting chemistry.
    Last edited by billee0918; 06-28-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Sounds like there's absolutely no creator interest in Spiderman/Tigra, which makes sense since there's so little precedence.

I'd like to see Valkyrie become part of Peter's world, but only in her human Barbara Norris form, and only during months with 31 calendar days. They shared a panel together in the late 70's and it was clear they had riveting chemistry.
    Too bad she's dead. With Tigra, her role as a Police Office and ally to Spider-Man could still be valid as it was with Carlie Cooper because Greer has a science background that no one else has shown her working on as Tigra as oppose to her days as The Cat who was using her scientific abilities that might be on par with Peter Parker. Seeing her knowledge and skill alongside Peter Parker makes them a unique partnership because I have not seen her working alongside Hank Pym in that area. This is what sets Greer apart from the other heroines I have talked about as potential mainstays in Spider-Man's world because she has something to contribute to the story that's unique from everyone else, as well as the fact that she's a college graduate with a day job as part of the NYPD.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-28-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Too bad she's dead. With Tigra, her role as a Police Office and ally to Spider-Man could still be valid as it was with Carlie Cooper because Greer has a science background that no one else has shown her working on as Tigra as oppose to her days as The Cat who was using her scientific abilities that might be on par with Peter Parker. Seeing her knowledge and skill alongside Peter Parker makes them a unique partnership because I have not seen her working alongside Hank Pym in that area. This is what sets Greer apart from the other heroines I have talked about as potential mainstays in Spider-Man's world because she has something to contribute to the story that's unique from everyone else, as well as the fact that she's a college graduate with a day job as part of the NYPD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I am sure a good writer can pull it off. Besides, if Tigra was not part of the Avengers she would had been a forgotten character. It's called turning a lemon idea into lemonade.

U
    You're right, she is dead. But this is comics and she can certainly come back. I am going to tweet at Slott and Breveport ceaselessly, to suggest she be resurrected via the bond she shares with Peter. I believe having Valkyrie, in her mortal form of Barbara Norris only, in Spider-Man's world is a very interesting idea they're letting pass them by. She and Peter can have coffee together, then go shopping in matching "Greer Nelson Not Welcome in Our World" t-shirts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    U

You're right, she is dead. But this is comics and she can certainly come back. I am going to tweet at Slott and Brevoort ceaselessly, to suggest she be resurrected via the bond she shares with Peter. I believe having Valkyrie, in her mortal form of Barbara Norris only, in Spider-Man's world is a very interesting idea they're letting pass them by. She and Peter can have coffee together, then go shopping in matching "Greer Nelson Not Welcome in Our World" t-shirts.
    Personally, I would rather see Valkyrie with Agent Venom. When I brought up Tigra and the She-Hulk's human persona, I like that side to their characters because they have day jobs that is connected to Public Service. Greer as a Police Officer and Jennifer as an Attorney. And the question is how would this apply to Peter Parker? What contribution could they make on both the Peter Parker side and the Spider-Man side. Given their history, both Greer and Jennifer could contribute a lot to Spider-Man's world in their civilian guise that doesn't take the spotlight away from Spider-Man and Peter Parker while forwarding the story. Just like what the Black Cat used to do in the pages of Spider-Man when she knew his secret identity whereby she helped to forward the story without taking the spotlight away from the protagonist. But we have yet to see a non spider-man created character as a mainstay in Spider-Man's world, excluding Daredevil who now resides in San Francisco.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-28-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Another enemy that Tigra has in common with Spider-man:

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Another enemy that Tigra has in common with Spider-man:
    Have they actually gone one-on-one? A Google search didn't turn up anything.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Who would win?

Darthfury.

-Pav, who has seen obsession...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Who would win?

Darthfury.

-Pav, who has seen obsession...
    The one thing that Greer Grant and Jennifer Walters have in common is that Man-Killer was the first female Spider-Man villain that they encountered respectively. It's strange that Man-Killer was a Spider-Man created character who never appeared in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man, as well as Monica(The 2nd Captain Marvel). If there was a potential female villain, it was Man-Killer instead of The Black Cat...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-25-2015 at 11:06 PM.

I bet DarthFury writes the best fanfiction.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«