Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Disney Renames Fox Studios!

https://collider.com/disney-kills-fo...ight-pictures/

Studio around from hollywoods golden age starting un 1914 is has been renamed. Disney has removed fox from the studios.

Rip fox studios name. They did keep 20th century in the new title however. Fox searchlight is now searchlight pictures. Fox is now 20th century studios.

BANNED

Cool.

Anyway nothing lasts forever tbh.

So happy they are keeping it open. Disney can push more adult oriented stuff over there.

Spectacular Member

Dumb Collider article fails to explain Disney got rid of the Fox to avoid confusion with the Fox entities that still exist which are not part of Disney (Fox network, Fox News etc.). its like Time Warner Inc. and Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum) where so many people didn't realize the two were completely separate companies.

I'm surprised they didn't rename it 21st century Studios or 21st Century Fox which Fox itself had considered at one time.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Studio around from hollywoods golden age starting un 1914 is has been renamed. Disney has removed fox from the studios.

Rip fox studios name. They did keep 20th century in the new title however. Fox searchlight is now searchlight pictures. Fox is now 20th century studios.

Fascinating video, if very repetitive. I never realized how long the companies were around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Think the video forgot the Peanuts Movie version of the title sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't rename it 21st century Studios or 21st Century Fox which Fox itself had considered at one time.
    They actually did that on a few projects. Nostalgia-wise, I will be sorry to see the title go, but it's just a name, at the end of the day.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 01-17-2020 at 11:46 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah, News Corp actually split in two in 2013. The newspaper side kept the News Corp name, and the TV/film side became 21st Century Fox. It's 21st Century Fox which Disney bought, minus certain elements they weren't allowed to buy by law, namely Fox News, Fox Sports, and the Fox Network (due to them already owning ABC and ESPN). These reverted back to News Corp and the 21st Century Fox name was abandoned, upon last year's buyout.

The famous 20th Century Fox logo predates it's existence - the original version used before 20th Century merged with Fox Films in 1935 looked like this:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I consider this a tasteless move by a company that seems to really be making a lot of garbage decisions lately.

Pathetic.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Makes sense to me. You don't want to share a brand with a company you have no control over.

Esepcially Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I consider this a tasteless move by a company that seems to really be making a lot of garbage decisions lately.

Pathetic.
    Yeah following a basic branding idea is so pathetic

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

Pathetic.
    As others have said, they virtually had to rename the studio as News Corp still owns Fox-branded entities. Just be happy Disney didn't completely internalize the organization and discontinue it altogether.

Probably too much to hope they'll return the 20th Century fanfare to the Star Wars films. I remember how jarring I found the opening score of The Force Awakens; the studio fanfare had always seemed like an overture to Star Wars films and the Williams score bursting out of a dead silence actually startled me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    As others have said, they virtually had to rename the studio as News Corp still owns Fox-branded entities. Just be happy Disney didn't completely internalize the organization and discontinue it altogether.

Probably too much to hope they'll return the 20th Century fanfare to the Star Wars films. I remember how jarring I found the opening score of The Force Awakens; the studio fanfare had always seemed like an overture to Star Wars films and the Williams score bursting out of a dead silence actually startled me.
    Yeah, the studio has created a new opening for their stuff and I think it works fine even if I "need" to have that opening with the first six.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Cool.

Anyway nothing lasts forever tbh.
    Disney will.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."