Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Enjoyed the issue. I do wish they had continued with the Cuckoos being more individuals by coloring their hair.... they kinda regressed..
    I like them as indistinguishable twins. It's part of their core concept and why they were so fun when Morrison introduced them.
    Under Bendis, they got different looks but they all sounded the same. It's the opposite of what they should be like.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    But back during Endangered Species, didn't Beast and Dark Beast try digging up mutant corpses and realize that the M-Day spell affected the dead as well?
    True but then Selene resurrected a large portion of dead mutants on Genosha with powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    But back during Endangered Species, didn't Beast and Dark Beast try digging up mutant corpses and realize that the M-Day spell affected the dead as well?
    Just checked. He traveled to Neverland with Dark Beast and dug up some of the dead mutants there. Btw. We never learn how that place was shut down and Cecilia Reyes, Leech and co. got saved.

However the same story also had Forge present a device that could scan for mutants in other dimension and explained that M-Day happend everywhere across the multiverse. Something reinforced later by Spiral via the Mojoverse and Doctor Strange via a magic spell.

The whole story more or less just felt like editorial hammering in, that they would not allow any solution to reverse the depowering and that they were serious with the "depowered means depowered!" mandate.

But of course the "M-Day everywhere across the multiverse" thing was the first to fall. Followed by various other stories which contradicted the "absolute depowering" as presented in Endangered Species.

So it seems writers were not forced to stick to what was written in Endangered Species. Hence Selene's techno-organic virus mutant zombies having their powers again.

...what is with all the polygamy? And i am asking that because the rest of the book did not gain any interest from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

So it seems writers were not forced to stick to what was written in Endangered Species. Hence Selene's techno-organic virus mutant zombies having their powers again.
    techno-organic. The TO being used to replicate powers make sense especially when you consider that they were resurrected with magic. Magic was what took the powers away so its fitting that it could grant them back.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...what is with all the polygamy? And i am asking that because the rest of the book did not gain any interest from me.
    Honestly, the older cable pages just feel like a waste of page time. We already have the data pages taking up book space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Since mutants can't contract or spread STDs -- It's all about everyone on Krakoa (minors and adults) banging one another without the down side of producing babies or marital commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Since mutants can't contract or spread STDs -- It's all about everyone on Krakoa (minors and adults) banging one another without the down side of producing babies or marital commitment.
    they can get pregnant though

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Wasn't he the father of the missing kid?
    Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    ...literally the first page?
    Woaw I totally did not know who "omertà" was - since they never referred to him by his actual name I thought he was just some random. when did he get that codename? I've never seen him referenced by that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    they can get pregnant though
    I never said the women couldn't get pregnant... I merely gave my two cents regarding the concept of polygamy on Krakoa. Apparently, and so far, Krakoan resurrection is far more important than actual procreation.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-29-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Woaw I totally did not know who "omertà" was - since they never referred to him by his actual name I thought he was just some random. when did he get that codename? I've never seen him referenced by that.
    He wasnt in the books but was in the Official Handbooks

Extraordinary Member

Since the books are having an Omerta appearance, I hope we can have Sunpyre make a return in the books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    techno-organic. The TO being used to replicate powers make sense especially when you consider that they were resurrected with magic. Magic was what took the powers away so its fitting that it could grant them back.
    Makes sense.

Various forms of technology have indeed proven to work as way to repower former-mutants, even though they didn't restore the X-gene. Polaris via Apocalypse's tech being the first shown example, as far as i remember.

I also recall a scientist in Si Spurrier's X-force remarking that because former mutants retain the basis for their super powers, they just need a new catalyst to reactive them. It's easy to asume that's why the Terrigan Myst worked too, though while seemingly removing the safety limiters on the powers too.

So it doesn't seem to far fetched to assume that when the TO restores the body of a former-mutant (if we assume all dead genoshan mutants were retroactively depowered) it could double as catalyst for their allready existing powers, whereas on normal humans it wouldn't have that effect because they didn't had the "super power slots" unlocked yet so to speak.

And with magic, the source of the X-genes removale, being thrown into the mix you have a dual justification for repowering.

PS:
    Makes me wonder how the topic of artifical repowered mutants would be handled if there wasn't the the whole crucible thing, as easy (and somewhat disturbing) way to regain the X-gene in a new body.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-29-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Makes sense.

Various forms of technology have indeed proven to work as way to repower former-mutants, even though they didn't restore the X-gene. Polaris via Apocalypse's tech being the first shown example, as far as i remember.

I also recall a scientist in Si Spurrier's X-force remarking that because former mutants retain the basis for their super powers, they just need a new catalyst to reactive them. It's easy to asume that's why the Terrigan Myst worked too, though while seemingly removing the safety limiters on the powers too.

So it doesn't seem to far fetched to assume that when the TO restores the body of a former-mutant (if we assume all dead genoshan mutants were retroactively depowered) it could double as catalyst for their allready existing powers, whereas on normal humans it wouldn't have that effect because they didn't had the "super power slots" unlocked yet so to speak.

And with magic, the source of the X-genes removale, being thrown into the mix you have a dual justification for repowering.
    TO is what was used to finally restore Dani's powers in Rosenberg's run as well

This issue was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Thank god.

This issue did give us the italian-american homophobic murant from Eve of Destruction though! It was confirmed he lost his powers.
    Wasn't the invisible skin dude called Omerta?
    GrindrStone(D)