Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation - Part 2 | Official Trailer | Netflix
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I hope Clamp Champ gets another 10 second cameo *fingers crossed*

I hope they remember Clawful isn't stupid. For all the good that 200X did, making Clawful a moron bugs the ish out of me to this day.

Savage He-Man reminds me of Mini-Comics, First Appearance He-Man. I love how the early Mini-Comics is getting some love these days, especially with Origins. That He-Man was a barbarian that was given tools by [Snake Armor] Sorceress to be He-Man, namely: boots, wrist guards, sword shield and axe, and a chest harness that gave him strength and a force field.
    That's EXACTLY to who Savage He-Man is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    What a dumb statement.
    A) It'll be remembered for if nothing else revealing the childish whining of a group of 45-55 yr old "men".
    B) It'll be remembered as re-establishing He-Mans pop culture roots so well that Netflix made a second cartoon aimed directly at kids.
    C) It was designed to be throwaway in the 80s(like many others) however they didn't realize then just how good they made it to stick in our imaginations. So, no, this isn't going away and will be remembered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This He-man series wouldn't exist if he didn't leave a mark in pop culture. It would be forgotten like many other cartoons from the 80s.
    The only one the general public remembers is the original show. If you ask any random person on the street, they'll know who He-Man is but none of them will even know about, much less remember the 1990 or 2002 shows. This will meet the same fate as that. Devotees of the brand will remember this series, but the bulk of people will largely have forgotten about it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Devotees of the show is who the target is for Revelation genius.
    The Bulk of the population, if they get curious will let their kid tune into the He-man show tailor made for that age bracket.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The only one the general public remembers is the original show. If you ask any random person on the street, they'll know who He-Man is but none of them will even know about, much less remember the 1990 or 2002 shows. This will meet the same fate as that. Devotees of the brand will remember this series, but the bulk of people will largely have forgotten about it.
    I guess it didn't trend as much on Netflix?

^^^^
    Devotees of the show is who the target is for Revelation genius.
    The Bulk of the population, if they get curious will let their kid tune into the He-man show tailor made for that age bracket.
    I never said it wasn't the target audience, genius.

The original argument was that this show is going to go down in pop culture history as one of the biggest dumpster fires. It won't. It will be barely remembered by the overall population.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it didn't trend as much on Netflix?
    Tons of stuff trend on Netflix and then are largely forgotten about within a year. The last thing they had that really hit the mainstream media was Tiger King, and that mostly had the benefit of being the first trending thing post-COVID lockdown, when people were desperate for something to binge and talk about. That and the Dave Chappelle thing, but that's a giant mess in it's own right. They got some good critical acclaim for Queen's Gambit, but it never really infiltrated mainstream pop culture.
    Last edited by Noodle; 10-28-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I never said it wasn't the target audience, genius.

The original argument was that this show is going to go down in pop culture history as one of the biggest dumpster fires. It won't. It will be barely remembered by the overall population.
    It's that unpopular?

Devotees will remember it, but not fondly. Sad because they were such easy marks. I can't believe everyone went from "This is going to be awesome" to "hopefully they can salvage it"
    People are complaining about the He-Man fanbase as if they were Star Wars fans. Nope this is one of the easiest fanbases to please. But Smith decided (or not, I really want to see what he has to say about this show when his NDA runs out) to play the subvert your expectations game and here we are LOL.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's that unpopular?
    I wouldn't say unpopular in the sense that there's a disdain from the general public about it. It's just a product for a niche audience. It happened to anger a part of that niche audience, but it's still anger within that pre-existing audience. Even if you consider that people that were Smith fans and not necessarily He-Man fans were watching, Smith himself is a niche director. I doubt the overall populous even knows this new series exists.

I wouldn't say unpopular in the sense that there's a disdain from the general public about it. It's just a product for a niche audience. It happened to anger a part of that niche audience, but it's still anger within that pre-existing audience. Even if you consider that people that were Smith fans and not necessarily He-Man fans were watching, Smith himself is a niche director. I doubt the overall populous even knows this new series exists.
    I guess it's not something general animation fans would check out unless they think "oh cool, a fantasy action animated series by the same people who did Castlevania!"

This kind of reminds me of the criticism of Netflix's binge-drops where they throw out trailers and release stuff and then all the hype dies down.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

No love for the hilariously bad Dolph Lundgren movie?

That movie did more damage to the He-Man brand in pop culture than this show ever will.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

That movie did more damage to the He-Man brand in pop culture than this show ever will.
    Lundgren's Movie wasn't nearly as bad as Revelation. I remember watching it as a kid. Thought it was an odd take but I overall enjoyed it. The movie had a great soundtrack, I loved several of the fights, Frank Langella's Skeletor was a bad ass (I remember freaking out when he turned into a god), I always liked Dolph, and even as a kid, I knew Meg's Evil Lyn was sexy. Overall, I had good memories of that movie growing up.

Revelations? Its laughably (not even laughably). its flat out bad and predicable. The only good thing about was most of episode 1. The rest of the series is a straight up dumpster fire. This new trailer looks great but I said the same thing for the first one too so I'm holding my opinion back.

All I can say is that getting older can be frustrating sometimes...but holy hell I'm glad I grew up when I did.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 10-28-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay. Time for some speculating.

King Randor dies, but not before saying how proud he is off Adam. Teela becomes the new Sorceress or Evil Lynn keeps the job after betraying Skeletor. Adam becomes King Of Eternia but can't be both king and He-Man so he gives up the power to.....Andra.
    The first two you listed WERE suppose to happen in season 4 of the original He-Man if Filmation was not shut down.

Teela would have seen King dead and a just transformed Adam and think He-Man killed the King.

This He-man series wouldn't exist if he didn't leave a mark in pop culture. It would be forgotten like many other cartoons from the 80s.
    You don't get two more shows if no one thought they could make money off of you. Especially if they can REUSE stuff.

See Exo-Squad and how much of those toys were from M.A.S.K.
    See 90s Wonder Woman planned cartoon that reused She-Ra stuff.

The only major thing that holds up a lot of cartoons is RIGHTS and OWNERSHIP.

All this stuff coming back is due to companies having ownership and not having to pay someone for their idea.

If Netflix could get Blackstarr, Thundarr or Powerlord they would have cartoons right now.

A) It'll be remembered for if nothing else revealing the childish whining of a group of 45-55 yr old "men".
    We already knew that the moment John Boyega held that lightsaber in that first Star Wars trailer.
    If not then the female Ghostbusters.... folks forget we had a black guy lead Ghostbuster team with a girl, handicap guy and Slimer in the 90s voiced by Carlton from Fresh Prince.
    If not then-Carol Danvers says HI.

Ultimate Member

That movie almost saw a sequel if the film studio didn't go bust.

That sequel become some movie called Cyborg with Jean-Claude van Damme because they had to PAY for all the stuff that was meant for He-Man 2 (and Spider-Man).

B) It'll be remembered as re-establishing He-Mans pop culture roots so well that Netflix made a second cartoon aimed directly at kids.
    Both shows were being developed at the same time, though. I don't see how anyone can give Revelation credit for the existence of the other series.