Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    The timeline Adrian Chase committed suicide in, isn't really relevant (Hence both Vic Sage, Ted Kord) and other heroes who had previously died have already been rebooted.

I would just say bring back Adrian Chase, and add the traits from the tv show....I'm sure ole school hardcore fans would just be happy to see him back in any fashion after 30 some years.
    But, unlike Vic Sage and Ted Kord, the death of Adrian Chase actually meant something beyond introducing new legacy characters. It was the logical endpoint to the kind of characters that Vigilante was riffing on.

Just make him a new character- a nerdy guy who idealized the original Vigilante and decides to be the new one.

Ultimate Member

Do we really need synergy that badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    But, unlike Vic Sage and Ted Kord, the death of Adrian Chase actually meant something beyond introducing new legacy characters. It was the logical endpoint to the kind of characters that Vigilante was riffing on.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's not like they are using the mantle currently.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's not like they are using the mantle currently.
    Is a new Deadpool worth undermining Adrian Chase's ending?

Is a new Deadpool worth undermining Adrian Chase's ending?
    It doesn't have to be Adrian chase. Make a new character to fill the mantle and call it a day.

Yeah, I'm fine with it if it's a new character, but the amount of time synergy is successfully implemented into comics can probably be counted on one hand.

Comics don’t really matter so just bring back Adrian Chase and make him like the Peacemaker show
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

It's a new continuity. Doesn't mean we don't respect what went before, but it's no different than we're getting now with a different version of the character. Unless his death is actually relevant -- and it hasn't been relevant to dc comics in decades -- then there's no harm in telling a new version of Adrian' Chase's story. The continuity the old one mattered to is long dead. I mean, I was a little kid when he died.

The only time I'd have a problem with it is if the authors of the 80s series would prefer their work not be touched that way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's a new continuity. Doesn't mean we don't respect what went before, but it's no different than we're getting now with a different version of the character. Unless his death is actually relevant -- and it hasn't been relevant to dc comics in decades -- then there's no harm in telling a new version of Adrian' Chase's story. The continuity the old one mattered to is long dead. I mean, I was a little kid when he died.

The only time I'd have a problem with it is if the authors of the 80s series would prefer their work not be touched that way.
    Adrian killed himself because his actions as an illegal vigilante escalated violence, undermined the rule of law and destroyed innocent lives.

Frankly, it's even more relevant today than it was then.

Adrian killed himself because his actions as an illegal vigilante escalated violence, undermined the rule of law and destroyed innocent lives.

I absolutely agree with you but I meant relevant within the broader narrative. Adrian's death is foundational to nothing in modern DC continuity, something I think is unfortunate. That said, given how they've never been able to make anything else stick with 'Vigilante' as a property, it seems to me that revisiting him isn't the worst thing they can do. I mean, for example, has Batman ever shared the story of, say, Adrian Chase as a way to deter the Red Hood from following in his foot steps of escalating violence? Because he absolutely could have and it absolutely would have been a great nod towards it, but I'm betting that never happened, because I imagine nobody's even sure if Adrian's death is even canon anymore. I think the closest we got was Dorian Chase who showed up in, what ...2007?

Point is, it's just another property DC is doing nothing with that they absolutely could be doing *something* with.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 01-30-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Yeah, I think it's hard to top that story and its ending.

It's part of why I don't absolutely love Vigilante on Peacemaker because I feel like it's missing the point of Adrian Chase that they've changed so much about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think it's hard to top that story and its ending.

It's part of why I don't absolutely love Vigilante on Peacemaker because I feel like it's missing the point of Adrian Chase that they've changed so much about him.
    It remains a strikingly good story, yeah. But that Adrian Chase in Peacemaker serves to be something to showcase Peacemaker's evolution, not his own mental collapse and inevitable disintegration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It remains a strikingly good story, yeah. But that Adrian Chase in Peacemaker serves to be something to showcase Peacemaker's evolution, not his own mental collapse and inevitable disintegration.
    Yeah, but that's why I would've rather it just been an OC instead of Adrian Chase.