Page 452 of 661 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nunlil considered Ochazuke's response a moment before shaking her head.

"Since we do not know where Kevi the Stalker is going to appear, it seems best to remain on the Lookout with Ishtar, and the Ronin Kai." The Oni stated, before explaining it further. "I am capable of teleportation, also, I am tethered to Jack, as well as Ishtar. Since Jack will be at the Tournament, it should not be difficult to retrieve the daughter of the Turtle Monk should an opportunity arrive." Nunlil shrugged then.
    "Then I shall heed your discretion, should your attentions be required elsewhere," Ochazuke nodded back toward Nulil's formidable silhouette, "But the absence of a public face will not go unnoticed. When the time comes we will have to move quickly."

"But so long as that shall be sufficient, if you can keep eyes on the situation or create a means for Jack to contact you directly, then it seems we have the means to provide them safe passage on their way out," he said with a stiff smile, "all that's left, then, is to see where Samson himself stands in all of this."
    Last edited by grampagen; 03-22-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "According to Pantaloon, the Colonel of the Red Raiders and her assassin may apprach the tournament, for that fool Battersea put the image of the Dragonball directly on a worldwide broadcast. You, Zaofan, Chou and Chuan survived the last encounter, so any insights you all may provide, anything at all, of her Shatterlock skills, would be most welcome."
    "That's a fair point." Held admitted, closing his eyes as he replayed the battle with Willia in his mind. It seemed like an ancient battle, fought many moons ago, as opposed to scant days. He barely felt like the same warrior.

A lunging spear attack, seeking to take Willia unaware as she tormented Jinzi, dodged by the narrowest of inches.

"Her instincts are certainly up there. I took her entirely by surprise and she still managed to dodge me." He said after a moment, "I thought for sure she would be dead to rights at that range....As that would imply, she's certainly fairly swift as well."

A clash, Spear versus Hammer, Willias ki flowing through her weapon, jagged like broken glass, flowing into Helds own spear, repulsing his ki slightly, and shattering his wrist. His Shingan had shown him the truth behind her attack, but there was nothing that Held could have done to prevent it, merely mitigate the damage.

"As to her Shatterlock...." The Nevadian reflexively rotated the wrist that had been fractured by her attack, "I would be cautious at close range. The attack she used seems to ignore some defenses entirely. The basis of the attack is simple enough. Her ki seems able find its way into your body and wreck havoc from within."

I really did get lucky that time. Had I chosen a different tactic....

"I would prefer to dodge the attack entirely, if I could, frankly. I managed to put up some manner of defense with my own ki, but even with that, and my spear separating us during a clash, it still managed to find its way inside me."

He shrugged, slightly. "Not that I'm complaining. A broken wrist isn't much in the grand scheme of things. Although I'm certain it would have been much worse if the attack had landed in its ideal situation."

Willia, towering overhead in mid-air, glaring down at the warriors who sought to oppose her, before unleashing a blistering barrage of ki petals that decimated the ship in moments.

"With that said, she's hardly powerless from a distance either....The attack she used to sink our ship in was not exceptionally powerful, or concentrated, but the sheer number...."

He paused, trying to think of an accurate comparison.

"Well, trying to evade them would be like trying to evade fallen leaves during a strong wind. There's just so many, from all angles, it would take a more skilled man than myself to find a way through that storm of hers..."

Some part of him found himself wishing he had accompanied the others to the tournament, as he spoke. Perhaps it was replaying the events in his mind, but he found himself wishing he had found an opportunity to clash with her once again, to test his skill.

Such feelings were dismissed a moment later. This was not a competition of skill, it was two groups moving to fulfill their ambitions, nothing more. Such egotistic thoughts could be delayed....And they required far too much work to bring to fruition. "...I do wonder if she managed to recover her weapon after I kicked it overboard, however...."

"In addition, in the Guardian's Time Chamber, you faced Battersea, separated but by the length of a spear. He was a younger man then, but was there anything you noticed through your sight in the core of his technique?"
    "Well....There was one thing." Held admitted after a moment, his eyes still closed as he replayed yet another battle in his minds eye.

Although imperceptible on the surface, beneath Batterseas skin lay a single glimmering weakness, his shoulder showing the telltale lines of fractures that although healed, still held vulnerability, fault lines waiting to be jarred and exposed. His muscles, as strong as they were, slightly less robust compared to the rest of him, weakened and knotted and atrophied slightly, ki less concentrated from something that had occurred long before the Nevadian laid eyes on him.

"As much as I would like to claim that it was my own power that injured him during our fight--" He admitted with a sigh as he crossed his arms, "I simply exploited what was already there. I don't know what caused the damage I found, but it must have been quite the injury his shoulder had taken, given how old it seemed to be."

Battersea, howling in agony, blood spraying about the battlefield as a single thrust of a shaft found its mark. "I don't know how time has treated the current Battersea, but an injury like that doesn't simply vanish without considerable assistance...I can't say I could sense any weaknesses beyond that, however."

Ochazuke took a long sip of the heady coffee. As the intake revitalized him, so did the Majin's venom seem to subside.

"Though there are regulations in place, do not be mistaken. We are wandering into unknown, hostile territory. It is not a test of skill that shall be rewarded with riches or honours. Despite that, we must win. With all that weights on us, any information is an advantage."
    "I almost feel like I got the easy job." Held replied, smiling, "I don't think they even know we can sense the Dragonballs, and with so much going on, I don't see the deck being any more stacked in our favor than it already is, especially with Willia and the others leaving her stronghold."

Exhaling off a breath of bitterness, he followed to Held directly.

"And...another thing I would ask of you. A personal favour, man to man."
    "Oh?"Held Opened his eyes, surprised at the mans request.

Now, this was surprising. Ochazuke speaking of personal favors in the midst of their conversation, the discussion of battle, was something that caught Held entirely unaware. It was certain to be something of the utmost seriousness, given the warriors no nonsense attitude. It was unlikely to be something as trivial as asking Held to help him compile a new playlist on his music device.

"Well,I'm not quite sure what I would be able to do for you, but I'm more than willing to hear you out."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "That's a fair point." Held admitted, closing his eyes as he replayed the battle with Willia in his mind. It seemed like an ancient battle, fought many moons ago, as opposed to scant days. He barely felt like the same warrior.

A lunging spear attack, seeking to take Willia unaware as she tormented Jinzi, dodged by the narrowest of inches.

"Her instincts are certainly up there. I took her entirely by surprise and she still managed to dodge me." He said after a moment, "I thought for sure she would be dead to rights at that range....As that would imply, she's certainly fairly swift as well."

A clash, Spear versus Hammer, Willias ki flowing through her weapon, jagged like broken glass, flowing into Helds own spear, repulsing his ki slightly, and shattering his wrist. His Shingan had shown him the truth behind her attack, but there was nothing that Held could have done to prevent it, merely mitigate the damage.

"As to her Shatterlock...." The Nevadian reflexively rotated the wrist that had been fractured by her attack, "I would be cautious at close range. The attack she used seems to ignore some defenses entirely. The basis of the attack is simple enough. Her ki seems able find its way into your body and wreck havoc from within."

I really did get lucky that time. Had I chosen a different tactic....

"I would prefer to dodge the attack entirely, if I could, frankly. I managed to put up some manner of defense with my own ki, but even with that, and my spear separating us during a clash, it still managed to find its way inside me."

He shrugged, slightly. "Not that I'm complaining. A broken wrist isn't much in the grand scheme of things. Although I'm certain it would have been much worse if the attack had landed in its ideal situation."

Willia, towering overhead in mid-air, glaring down at the warriors who sought to oppose her, before unleashing a blistering barrage of ki petals that decimated the ship in moments.

"With that said, she's hardly powerless from a distance either....The attack she used to sink our ship in was not exceptionally powerful, or concentrated, but the sheer number...."

He paused, trying to think of an accurate comparison.

"Well, trying to evade them would be like trying to evade fallen leaves during a strong wind. There's just so many, from all angles, it would take a more skilled man than myself to find a way through that storm of hers..."
    "It would be unbecoming for Colonel Rautt's worldly ambition if she hadn't the skill to realize it," Ochazuke said, "It seems hers is not just an empty title."

Truly the Colonel's was a ruthless resolve tempered in violence and quenched in blood. The unblockable Shatterlock Strike sounded just as formidable.

"Such a tactic is the mark of precision," Ochazuke mused, "the enemy cannot retaliate when their weapon has been broken. To say nothing of the disruption of focus. It's clear she does not aim to break form alone, but to seize the moment. I wonder if the strength we have gained since will mitigate it at all."

The next attack Held described, The Rose Flare, a thousand attacks imparted with such destructive concentration not only struck many more blows, but apparently would be impossible to dodge even if you could see it coming. Yet as Held described the woman's method, Ochazuke lift the left side of his lip into a smirk.

"I see. Then the storm shall have to be parted."

"Well....There was one thing." Held admitted after a moment, his eyes still closed as he replayed yet another battle in his minds eye.

Although imperceptible on the surface, beneath Batterseas skin lay a single glimmering weakness, his shoulder showing the telltale lines of fractures that although healed, still held vulnerability, fault lines waiting to be jarred and exposed. His muscles, as strong as they were, slightly less robust compared to the rest of him, weakened and knotted and atrophied slightly, ki less concentrated from something that had occurred long before the Nevadian laid eyes on him.

"As much as I would like to claim that it was my own power that injured him during our fight--" He admitted with a sigh as he crossed his arms, "I simply exploited what was already there. I don't know what caused the damage I found, but it must have been quite the injury his shoulder had taken, given how old it seemed to be."

Battersea, howling in agony, blood spraying about the battlefield as a single thrust of a shaft found its mark. "I don't know how time has treated the current Battersea, but an injury like that doesn't simply vanish without considerable assistance...I can't say I could sense any weaknesses beyond that, however."
    "We should be so fortunate, as ever," Ochazuke grunted, "and the rumours say he has only gotten stronger."

This was a man who destroyed the Order of Dragon Monks by himself, after all. Thousands of years of history blotted out in a single encounter by a man with attuned for violence. Battersea was a grisly virtuoso of impeccable brutal form. There, simply, was no trick to it.

"Even with all of us, little stands between this man and his desires," he said, "He will be certain to be have a measure to compensate for this weakness. Any competent fighter would, much less the self-made Champion. But with two arms and two legs, if we can divide his attention, his range of motion remains only human."

"I almost feel like I got the easy job." Held replied, smiling, "I don't think they even know we can sense the Dragonballs, and with so much going on, I don't see the deck being any more stacked in our favor than it already is, especially with Willia and the others leaving her stronghold."
    "I doubt your party will have any easier a time," Ochazuke replied, his tone sharpened and serious ,"Their reserves are most formidable. Even with the progress we've made, by sheer numbers our landing party is at a disadvantage against a force that feels sure enough it itself to take over the world. It is to our mutual disadvantage that we move blindly into enemy territory. But right now there is no way forward but through," he said, following with a low sigh. "And yet that is why we must oppose them and seize the moment while we can. If any of these ill-blooded fools gain the means to realize their ambitions, to control fate, the Earth will suffer all the worse for it."

"Oh?"Held Opened his eyes, surprised at the mans request.

Now, this was surprising. Ochazuke speaking of personal favors in the midst of their conversation, the discussion of battle, was something that caught Held entirely unaware. It was certain to be something of the utmost seriousness, given the warriors no nonsense attitude. It was unlikely to be something as trivial as asking Held to help him compile a new playlist on his music device.

"Well,I'm not quite sure what I would be able to do for you, but I'm more than willing to hear you out."
    Despite the wounds accrued from the previous evening's labours, Ochazuke, having finished his cup, lowered it to the floor and stood up slowly. The mottled vision in his eyes gave way to sense-awareness as he made his way directly to Held's position, one looming step at a time, stopping when he stood shoulder to shoulder with him. It was clear these next words were for his ears only.

"One of the Red Raiders...she is an old friend," he spoke solemnly, "A lifetime ago, I knew Kenshiko. Before she lost her way, before she threw away her pride to be ensnared to base ambitions, she was once a person I would call Master...or Kru*."

His usual direct manner of speech was given pause, searching for the words of respect. Ochazuke spoke, shaken with some difficulty at this distance, knowing the deed that must be done. "If it is possible, I ask that you bring her back alive. There are some things left unfinished between us. But I do not expect to see her again, for if she has so chosen to die for this twisted dream..."

He let the silence fill the void, casting a long look at the Nevadian before punctuating this with a single, slow nod, trusting Held would know what to do.

His vain hope confided in solitude, Ochazuke moved a pace backward, then took a wide, square stance with a high guard before held.

"In a fight against a Master, there is little counsel that can be given without firsthand experience. I regret that I can only reciprocate for your information with a poor testimony to her skills."

Twisting, he threw a straight lead, a rear elbow, and a right roundhouse. As he went through the motions pounded into him years ago, a nostalgic fire quaked through up his spine as a heady bitterness spread through his veins.

"The art of eight limbs. Four pairs of hands, elbows, knees and legs through which maximum force is delivered with minimal effort," he explained, and with a groggy effort, threw a straight kick before him, balanced on his rear leg, "The best strike travels the direct path, but such fundamentals are meant to be surpassed in the upper echelon of talent."

The clinical detail of Ochazuke's explanation masked an unspoken frustration. Perhaps he was strong enough to meet his old master on even footing. Yet he knew, deep down, if he saw her again, he would hesitate, and his was not the only life at stake.

"Stand firm, watch the course of the lead leg, and remember that even an opening may serve as a feint. And remember that ki is the medium of the will. I do not know what might be in the arsenal of a Red Raider."

*Kru = Thai, "Teacher", colloquially Muay Boran master

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    It was at this point that the acrobat made a point to try and get out of the blast radius. Chuan didn't have the power to match her in a beam struggle, nor did he have any strong energy projection techniques. What he'd have to rely on would be the opportunities he could create.

Running towards a wall, he aimed to scale the surface and kick off of it to make things into an aerial battle. He'd have the disadvantage of being unable to fly, but he would bet on his agility being able to help him avoid any air to air blasts!
    She turns towards him and unleashes the blast. At the same time, her halo chakram come spinning towards him too.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“So, I think we break it down like this:

Tournament:
    Ochazuke
    Zaofan
    Sarada
    Totoma
    Erosa
    Midori
    Jack
    Charco
    Slak
    Chuan
    Karine

Raid:
    Held
    Meagan
    Koorimaru
    Chou
    Etrina
    Sasheem
    Adam
    Shiro

Backup:
    Ishtar
    Nunlil
    Ronin Kai
    Asha’rah

“Thoughts?”, Eva asks the group.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Meagan considered this, "If I was setting up the teams, I would trade Saheem for either Asha'rah or Isthar. Sasheem would be best kept in reserve. Sasheem is a good fighter, but there is nothing subtle about his style. We may need stealth for the raid."

Looking at the list again, "If you do not wish to keep Sasheem on the reserve team, you can send him to the tournament and perhaps keep Karine on reserve. Totoma will be less likely to be distracted if he is not worried about Karine's safety."
    Last edited by Tami; 03-23-2018 at 07:28 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan considered this, "If I was setting up the teams, I would trade Saheem for either Asha'rah or Isthar. Sasheem would be best kept in reserve. Sasheem is a good fighter, but there is nothing subtle about his style. We may need stealth for the raid."

Looking at the list again, "If you do not wish to keep Sasheem on the reserve team, you can send him to the tournament and perhaps keep Karine on reserve. Totoma will be less likely to be distracted if he is not worried about Karine's safety."
    "No way we should send Sasheem to the tournament," Sarada countered. "No killing, remember? He can serve as a distraction at the raid. I doubt anyone can kill him or injure him in any meaningful way that he won't just piece himself back together instantly."

And besides that, keeping him in reserve would mean they would have an antsy, impatient Majin to deal with.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“That was my thought as well. Sasheem’s ability to sink into the ground can be stealthy, but I doubt the no-kill policy or the waiting around will service him. Though, of course, Sasheem does have a opinion. Sasheem?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "No way we should send Sasheem to the tournament," Sarada countered. "No killing, remember? He can serve as a distraction at the raid. I doubt anyone can kill him or injure him in any meaningful way that he won't just piece himself back together instantly."

And besides that, keeping him in reserve would mean they would have an antsy, impatient Majin to deal with.
    "Well, if Sasheem steps out of bounds, you can always have Erosa eat him again."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “That was my thought as well. Sasheem’s ability to sink into the ground can be stealthy, but I doubt the no-kill policy or the waiting around will service him. Though, of course, Sasheem does have a opinion. Sasheem?”
    Pursing her kips in thought. "Yes I had forgotten about that trick of his." Meagan acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Yes, of course. It is my duty to ensure that you w..walk a moral and upstanding path. As only a cook of your caliber should....." Etrina spouted some moral rhetoric while suppressing some urges that would put her in just as bad a embarrassing situation as Zaofan would have been. She had far too much mental fortitude to let such feelings get the better of her in important situations....nothing let the horn dog fest that was doing on just behind her. With a quick deep breath, she suppressed her urge and continued on with as calm an expression as she could.

"..........You looked determined......did you have a thought regarding something?" Etrina asked, innocently unaware of his true intentions.
    Zaofan adjusted the collar of his cape while clearing his throat. "Etrina, let me just say that I am very thankful for your presence here on the lookout. You continue to help us out in ways that you may not even know."

As much as Zaofan's training had seemed to veer off into its own eclectic direction, the classical foundation still found a way, and though Ochazuke did not speak it aloud, it pleased him that his ally recognized the sequence that called the attention to those of the Five Schools: the Challenge of Words.

"Innocuous but exact movements, the closed fist withdraws and the open hand receives," he said, "When we find Samson Balon, if he is a man of integrity to his vows to the Turtle School, he will reciprocate our call in this fashion. It is then we shall discover the truth of his predicament."
    Nodding in agreement, Zaofan replied, "I suppose that's all the more reason for me to accompany the tournament team. Seeing two others with knowledge like his should help build that trust. I'll be happy to support this route, Ochazuke."

Zaofan thought back long and hard. It wasn't that long ago that he had left Master Eskramoto and the Turtle School. Hopefully Zaofan would have some time to dwell on Master's lessons; if there was ever a time for the wisdom of community and bond, the links between human relationships and the connections of society, this would be it; perhaps moreso than fists and fury. A father's love for his daughter is nearly unstoppable.

----

"According to Pantaloon, the Colonel of the Red Raiders and her assassin may apprach the tournament, for that fool Battersea put the image of the Dragonball directly on a worldwide broadcast. You, Zaofan, Chou and Chuan survived the last encounter, so any insights you all may provide, anything at all, of her Shatterlock skills, would be most welcome."

"In addition, in the Guardian's Time Chamber, you faced Battersea, separated but by the length of a spear. He was a younger man then, but was there anything you noticed through your sight in the core of his technique?"

Ochazuke took a long sip of the heady coffee. As the intake revitalized him, so did the Majin's venom seem to subside.

"Though there are regulations in place, do not be mistaken. We are wandering into unknown, hostile territory. It is not a test of skill that shall be rewarded with riches or honours. Despite that, we must win. With all that weights on us, any information is an advantage."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nunlil considered Ochazuke's response a moment before shaking her head.

"Since we do not know where Kevi the Stalker is going to appear, it seems best to remain on the Lookout with Ishtar, and the Ronin Kai." The Oni stated, before explaining it further. "I am capable of teleportation, also, I am tethered to Jack, as well as Ishtar. Since Jack will be at the Tournament, it should not be difficult to retrieve the daughter of the Turtle Monk should an opportunity arrive." Nunlil shrugged then.

Tournament:
    Ochazuke
    Zaofan
    Sarada
    Totoma
    Erosa
    Midori
    Jack
    Charco
    Slak
    Chuan
    Karine

Raid:
    Held
    Meagan
    Koorimaru
    Chou
    Etrina
    Sasheem
    Adam
    Shiro

Backup:
    Ishtar
    Nunlil
    Ronin Kai
    Asha’rah

"If I may interject..." Zaofan said with a raised hand in order to address the entire group from these three points. "Two things: In taking a note from Ochazuke and Held...from what I saw at the ship battle, even a mindless brute like Damask obeyed Willa's every whim, and he nearly defeated Chou and me together. If her other senior staff are participating in the tournament, we should anticipate that their coordination and teamwork might actually exceed ours, considering that we've only been together for a few days whereas Willa's likely to bring a couple of her top lieutenants."

"And with that said, might I suggest that we study her lieutenants just as much as Held and Ochazuke are studying Willa? If nothing else, if some of us are able to occupy her forces in the tournament, that frees up some of our other fighters to take on Willa herself, and maybe even Battersea. You don't mix the entrees and the sides in the cooking process so that you can taste both more effectively."

Zaofan's tummy rumbled a little, but not enough to distract him from his second point; but it would be a point that only a foodie could make.

"We won't know if Kevi will show up at the tournament nor the raid. Considering her vampiric ways, is it too silly to suggest that we each carry a couple cloves of garlic, just in case? Or is that too much of a movie cliche?"

He looked around, afraid that his second point wouldn't be taken as seriously as his first.

"...chopped? minced? canned garlic?"

Tournament:
    Ochazuke
    Zaofan
    Sarada
    Totoma
    Erosa
    Midori
    Jack
    Charco
    Slak
    Chuan
    Karine

Raid:
    Held
    Meagan
    Koorimaru
    Chou
    Etrina
    Sasheem
    Adam
    Shiro

Backup:
    Ishtar
    Nunlil
    Ronin Kai
    Asha’rah

"I see no issues, Eva." Ishtar replied.

In the end, not much had changed from the groups decided upon by herself and Jinzi, and what had changed was both beneficial and wise, in light of recent changes to each task.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

"Since the Tournament is now what you call a ... 'Battle Royale', Karine and her ability to shield the others will be of use." Ishtar commented. "Totoma is also likely to do his utmost to protect Karine, ensuring that at least one of their number lasts a very long time."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "We won't know if Kevi will show up at the tournament nor the raid. Considering her vampiric ways, is it too silly to suggest that we each carry a couple cloves of garlic, just in case? Or is that too much of a movie cliche?"

He looked around, afraid that his second point wouldn't be taken as seriously as his first.

"More for your peace of mind, I suspect. Though there is nothing wrong with this, Zaofan."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 03-23-2018 at 08:39 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

(First is a repost directed to Jinzi that was missed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post

Her thought process stopped a moment when Totoma said. The initial thought of 'what are you talking about' phased to figuring out what he meant until she figured out the gist of what he was getting at. "Jinzi? Do cell phones work up here or maybe some other device? I need to get into contact with my family just in case."

Tournament:
    Ochazuke
    Zaofan
    Sarada
    Totoma
    Erosa
    Midori
    Jack
    Charco
    Slak
    Chuan
    Karine

Raid:
    Held
    Meagan
    Koorimaru
    Chou
    Etrina
    Sasheem
    Adam
    Shiro

Backup:
    Ishtar
    Nunlil
    Ronin Kai
    Asha’rah

"It seems sound, I don't have any objections." Not to mention she didn't have as much experience with others with these matters, she could injterject if she had ideas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan adjusted the collar of his cape while clearing his throat. "Etrina, let me just say that I am very thankful for your presence here on the lookout. You continue to help us out in ways that you may not even know."

Nodding in agreement, Zaofan replied, "I suppose that's all the more reason for me to accompany the tournament team. Seeing two others with knowledge like his should help build that trust. I'll be happy to support this route, Ochazuke."

Zaofan thought back long and hard. It wasn't that long ago that he had left Master Eskramoto and the Turtle School. Hopefully Zaofan would have some time to dwell on Master's lessons; if there was ever a time for the wisdom of community and bond, the links between human relationships and the connections of society, this would be it; perhaps moreso than fists and fury. A father's love for his daughter is nearly unstoppable.

----

"If I may interject..." Zaofan said with a raised hand in order to address the entire group from these three points. "Two things: In taking a note from Ochazuke and Held...from what I saw at the ship battle, even a mindless brute like Damask obeyed Willa's every whim, and he nearly defeated Chou and me together. If her other senior staff are participating in the tournament, we should anticipate that their coordination and teamwork might actually exceed ours, considering that we've only been together for a few days whereas Willa's likely to bring a couple of her top lieutenants."

"And with that said, might I suggest that we study her lieutenants just as much as Held and Ochazuke are studying Willa? If nothing else, if some of us are able to occupy her forces in the tournament, that frees up some of our other fighters to take on Willa herself, and maybe even Battersea. You don't mix the entrees and the sides in the cooking process so that you can taste both more effectively."

Zaofan's tummy rumbled a little, but not enough to distract him from his second point; but it would be a point that only a foodie could make.

That wasn't a horrible idea, only issue was how much things were true. Karine shook her head. "I don't think garlic will work. It's a bit ironic being what I am that I don't know more about them." It was standard policy in most cases to get rid of those like Kevi when the Lior Empire was a thing. Whether it had been justified or not she was unsure as so much had been lost during that time, but of course Kevi wasn't helping her case. "There may be something to 'Holy' items. Perhaps Ash'rah could help with that? She is a monk. Or was."

After considering this, Meagan spoke again,"I'm willing to rescind my reservations on Sasheem's assignment, however the decision should be his to make."

Jinzi nods.

“Your phone should work, Karine.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM