Page 359 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2593093493553563573583593603613623633694094598591359 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The trailer looks like the movie was well shot and has some interesting scenes. Loved the Hyena. But the lack of lines from any of the-let’s be honest-“supporting” cast doesn’t get my hopes up. I’d be pumped if they were just making a Harley movie and I didn’t see those glimpses of what should be more prominent characters.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    That's supposed to be Cassandra Cain.
    Interesting. I cant see it at all, but at least there are more than three Birds, unless of course Cassandra doesn't outfit up.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The trailer looks like the movie was well shot and has some interesting scenes. Loved the Hyena. But the lack of lines from any of the-let’s be honest-“supporting” cast doesn’t get my hopes up. I’d be pumped if they were just making a Harley movie and I didn’t see those glimpses of what should be more prominent characters.
    Yeah, this whole situation reeks of none of the other Birds of Prey teammates getting any positive reactions during test screenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    They made Harley censor herself with freaking
    It would sound so much better with an F bomb
    It'll probably be uncensored in the actual movie.

The character is Cass Cain in name only apparently.

It would've have been much less annoying to me if they just called the movie "Harley Quinn". Really not of a fan of the total disregard for the source material.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It would've have been much less annoying to me if they just called the movie "Harley Quinn". Really not of a fan of the total disregard for the source material.
    Whenever a movie markets their movie solely on one character in an ensemble film, it's usually because the other pieces aren't getting good reactions internally or via test screenings. In other words, they're hiding them.

Makes me have no faith in this movie. Harley Quinn alone isn't going to get me to the movies, especially after Suicide Squad. If I don't see value directed anywhere else why should I overspend to see this?

If they had called it Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey or Harley Quinn:Bird of prey I'm sure the next complaint would be how Hollywood had turned DC's premiere female team into Harley Quinn's sidekicks
    Of course if the movie comes out and Helena and Dinah are basically treated like Finn in the star wars movies then I'll take this back but if they are treated like actual characters with their own plot and goals outside of Harley Quinn a lot of you are just nagging about style in which this movie is being promoted.

Anyway Harley has her hyena's and she is out to show how she's not just the Joker's girlfriend. There are actually a lot more action scenes in this then I thought there would be
    Black Mask needs his Black Mask imo but I see the subtle foreshadowing in his breakdown scene
    He can't be already in control of Gotham and just wearing black gloves
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 10-01-2019 at 04:53 PM.

If they had called it Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey or Harley Quinn:Bird of prey I'm sure the next complaint would be how Hollywood had turned DC's premiere female team into Harley Quinn's sidekicks
    But people are also complaining about that right now.

Some additional thoughts;

>> The cinematography is great, though I think that has has become the standard for DC films.
    >> The action scenes look good thus far too
    >> It feels like Margot Robbie is actually trying to sound like Harley Quinn, she has an accent. I'm watching the Batman animated movie and it feels a lot like the episode where she has a bad day despite trying to go straight.
    >> The hyenas are pretty cute. Most people don't know this, but hyenas are actually cats (seals and otters are also cats), though you can train them. It isn't cgi, the movie only has a budget of 75-100. Its just proof though that a smaller budget breeds innovation.
    >> The reason why McGregor isn't wearing a mask is because then you wouldn't know he was Obi Won. I imagine you will see a Mask briefly in the movie, but its the same reason why most costumed heroes/villains spend a lot of time not wearing their masks on screen.
    >> I think a lot of myths about SS squad are going to be broken. Is it a good film? No. But the general audience likes bad films and SS is very memorable. People liked Robbie's Harlequin and the general atmosphere of the movie.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-01-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    But people are also complaining about that right now.
    Even from the trailer you can see that Harley has her own deal and is not a member of the BOP(as its been pointed out before now by a few people making the movie) but I can see the majority of people are not really looking that deep and are quite limited to "visuals" and just the surface level of what's presented to them. This will be an argument up until the movie comes out and they are proven wrong and by then they'll be complaining about Harley in Suicide Squad

I have to say though the Hyena's look really off for it to not be cgi. Maybe its actually a doll or something

Annoyed it's called Birds of Prey and we might not get a proper BOP film. But it looks fun and if good I'll enjoy it.

I have to say though the Hyena's look really off for it to not be cgi. Maybe its actually a doll or something
    I assume its photoshopped in. A lot of those nature documentaries do this all the time. You'll see a snake lunge at a mouse and our mammalian kin deftly escapes and we think, "Thank goodness it got away!" When in reality they spliced footage of a mouse running away and with another of a snake attacking prop.

Even trained animals don't like it when you eat their food, so I'm pretty sure they spliced footage of the hyena eating a twizzler (?) with Robbie.

The last shot of the hyena in the film (that shows his back) is defiantly cgi though.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-01-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

So is it true that Bats has been missing in Gotham for awhile in this film? If so, then does that mean this takes place during Justice League or is it set after Shazam and Batman has simply gone missing again?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Irony!

Your wife is a good negotiator .
    Ha! She is. Of course, I'm also pretty easy to win over if you use the words "hotel with no children."

It's actually become a bit of a tradition; when a movie hits that we're really excited about we leave the kids behind and make a night of it. Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, a few others. We get a nice dinner, dress like adults who don't have kids, it's a good time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.