Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Sounds about right, what was the specific reason?
    My guess is it had to do with

spoilers:
    10 minutes > 10 seconds (was actually more like 6 seconds...).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Sounds about right, what was the specific reason?
    we didn't discuss that part, but when Batman was punching Superman and had WW tied with the Lasso, he said so. And he likes Batman, but the way he acted annoyed him.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Darren Criss and Zachary Quinto to star in new Superman animated movie:

This summer sees the release of Superman: Man of Tomorrow, which finds Clark Kent working as an intern for the Daily Planet and learning on the job how to save the city of Metropolis. Check out an exclusive first look from the film above.

Darren Criss, who can be seen on Netflix this weekend starring in Ryan Murphy's new drama Hollywood, will lead the Superman: Man of Tomorrow cast as the big blue boy scout himself. Zachary Quinto, who got his start playing the murderous supervillain Sylar on NBC's Heroes, will here voice one of the greatest supervillains of all time: Lex Luthor. Alexandra Daddario (San Andreas) will voice Lois Lane.

That's the rundown on the biggest names in Superman's orbit. But Man of Tomorrow will also shine the spotlight on two less famous rogues: Lobo and Parasite. Lobo, an intergalactic bounty hunter who calls himself "the Main Man," will be voiced by Brett Dalton (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) while Parasite (a.k.a. Rudy Jones) will be voiced by Ryan Hurst (The Walking Dead). Parasite is one of the most well-named characters in superhero comics: A monster who can literally suck the superpowers and life out of other beings. As such, he's one of the few villains who can actually pose a threat to Superman.

The rest of the voice cast includes Ike Amadi (Mass Effect 3) as fellow superhero Martian Manhunter, Neil Flynn (Scrubs) as Jonathan Kent, and Bellamy Young (Scandal) as Martha Kent. Superman: Man of Tomorrow is directed by Chris Palmer (Voltron: Legendary Defender) and written by Tim Sheridan (The Death of Superman), with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond) serving as supervising producer.

Superman: Man of Tomorrow becomes available on digital video, 4K Ultra combo pack, and Blu-ray combo pack this summer.

Source: https://ew.com/movies/darren-criss-z...nimated-movie/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

This summer sees the release of Superman: Man of Tomorrow, which finds Clark Kent working as an intern for the Daily Planet and learning on the job how to save the city of Metropolis. Check out an exclusive first look from the film above.

Darren Criss, who can be seen on Netflix this weekend starring in Ryan Murphy's new drama Hollywood, will lead the Superman: Man of Tomorrow cast as the big blue boy scout himself. Zachary Quinto, who got his start playing the murderous supervillain Sylar on NBC's Heroes, will here voice one of the greatest supervillains of all time: Lex Luthor. Alexandra Daddario (San Andreas) will voice Lois Lane.

That's the rundown on the biggest names in Superman's orbit. But Man of Tomorrow will also shine the spotlight on two less famous rogues: Lobo and Parasite. Lobo, an intergalactic bounty hunter who calls himself "the Main Man," will be voiced by Brett Dalton (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) while Parasite (a.k.a. Rudy Jones) will be voiced by Ryan Hurst (The Walking Dead). Parasite is one of the most well-named characters in superhero comics: A monster who can literally suck the superpowers and life out of other beings. As such, he's one of the few villains who can actually pose a threat to Superman.

The rest of the voice cast includes Ike Amadi (Mass Effect 3) as fellow superhero Martian Manhunter, Neil Flynn (Scrubs) as Jonathan Kent, and Bellamy Young (Scandal) as Martha Kent. Superman: Man of Tomorrow is directed by Chris Palmer (Voltron: Legendary Defender) and written by Tim Sheridan (The Death of Superman), with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond) serving as supervising producer.

Superman: Man of Tomorrow becomes available on digital video, 4K Ultra combo pack, and Blu-ray combo pack this summer.

Source: https://ew.com/movies/darren-criss-z...nimated-movie/
    I'm so glad this movie isn't a tie-in to 5G.

Darren Criss went from playing the Music Meister to the Man of Steel.

I am really excited for Zachary Quinto as Luthor. I think he'll be perfect for the role.

This isn't Alexandra Daddario's first Superhero role, she was Wasp in the Avengers Academy mobile game, but I think she'll be a solid Lois.

I wasn't expecting Lobo. Is this the first time he's been in an animated feature, come to think of it (aside from the Lego movies)? I like Brett Dalton but I'm not sure I can imagine the Main Man sounding like Grant Ward.

It's funny people were talking about Parasite being underrated and he's in this movie.

Martian Manhunter is an interesting surprise. I wonder if his role is related to Lobo?

Neil Flynn as Pa Kent? He was Vixen's adopted dad too. Is this his new typeccast?

"Butch Lukic as supervising producer" Did he take over for James Tucker?

The art style is definitely a departure from past DC Animated Feature films. Can't quite peg who the character designer is since it doesn't seem to be someone they've used in the past. The style feels a little retro to me. It's definitely a different take then I was expecting.

The art style is interesting. Hard to judge a still pic, but I think it reminds me most of Archer with the hard outlines.

Just looking at the cast, there's stuff to like and dislike. Cast seems fine. I hope Jon and Martha aren't just there for Superman to talk about his insecurities, particularly relationship insecurities that several of these movies have gone into, which is one reason I prefer them dead. Luthor is eh. Lobo and Parasite are yeas, but now I'm concerned it might be like Wonder Woman: Bloodlines where the villains are kind of "Hi, bye." Martian Manhunter's presence is nice.

I guess what makes this most intriguing is that it's a young Superman, early in his civilian and superhero careers. I'm in, but cautiously optimistic.

Thank god its not a Jon movie. Those theories were starting to scare me. Art style is interesting, maybe I'm crazy but I'm remined slightly of an old school Superfriends vibe. It succeeds with the young interpretation though for sure.

Maybe there's still the chance Jonathan and Martha are in flashbacks?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    The art style is interesting. Hard to judge a still pic, but I think it reminds me most of Archer with the hard outlines.

Just looking at the cast, there's stuff to like and dislike. Cast seems fine. I hope Jon and Martha aren't just there for Superman to talk about his insecurities, particularly relationship insecurities that several of these movies have gone into, which is one reason I prefer them dead. Luthor is eh. Lobo and Parasite are yeas, but now I'm concerned it might be like Wonder Woman: Bloodlines where the villains are kind of "Hi, bye." Martian Manhunter's presence is nice.

I guess what makes this most intriguing is that it's a young Superman, early in his civilian and superhero careers. I'm in, but cautiously optimistic.
    Is that really so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that really so bad?
    One time, no. Repeatedly, yes.

Though now that I think of it, I miscounted how often the Kents were used, so this would only be twice. My mistake. But we've gotten maybe three movies where Superman was insecure about his present and ongoing relationship, and it's just not interesting to go there anymore. That might become the Fourth True Outcome of modern Superman stories, after origin, death, and evil/mind control/fighting other heroes.

Speaking of origins, will this count as one?
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 04-30-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I'm getting a retro Anime vibe from this still image and I like it, hopefully the animation will be good and the story too.

@Sacred Knight They'll do a movie with Jon sooner or later because a lot of fans like the character (at least before Bendis aged him up), so don't hold your breath.
    Last edited by BBally; 04-30-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Early years of Superman, the Kents being alive, and Lobo. Could this maybe be based on American Alien? Anyway I always thought Brett Dalton would make a good tv Batman or Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Early years of Superman, the Kents being alive, and Lobo. Could this maybe be based on American Alien? Anyway I always thought Brett Dalton would make a good tv Batman or Superman.
    I was just about to ask the same thing. Lobo, Parasite, him being an intern at the Daily Planet, all that sounds like it could have been pulled from American Alien. They'd probably never admit it now, but its possible it's being loosely adapted.

Alexandra Daddario was in a movie with Tyler Hoechlin not to long ago, so that's kinda funny that now she's playing Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    One time, no. Repeatedly, yes.

Though now that I think of it, I miscounted how often the Kents were used, so this would only be twice. My mistake. But we've gotten maybe three movies where Superman was insecure about his present and ongoing relationship, and it's just not interesting to go there anymore. That might become the Fourth True Outcome of modern Superman stories, after origin, death, and evil/mind control/fighting other heroes.

Speaking of origins, will this count as one?
    I think their role in The Elite, Unbound, and Death/Reign was different and inoffensive enough that it shouldn't be a problem unless you just really don't want them around, but I honestly just don't see the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Now that I think about it, wasn't Parasite in American Alien too? Or some variant of him.

I think Lobo and J'onn might lead to Clark discovering his Kryptonian heritage if he doesn't already know about it by now.

I think their role in The Elite, Unbound, and Death/Reign was different and inoffensive enough that it shouldn't be a problem unless you just really don't want them around, but I honestly just don't see the issue.

Now that I think about it, wasn't Parasite in American Alien too? Or some variant of him.

I think Lobo and J'onn might lead to Clark discovering his Kryptonian heritage if he doesn't already know about it by now.
    Parasite was in issue #5, maybe, and was created by Luthor. Clark and Lois were also interns at the Daily Planet together around that time I think. Martian Manhunter could even be taking on the Green Lantern role.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Parasite was in issue #5, maybe, and was created by Luthor. Clark and Lois were also interns at the Daily Planet together around that time I think. Martian Manhunter could even be taking on the Green Lantern role.
    I guess the real test is if Jimmy's black .

Although I remember AA Lois being Asian so I don't think they're keeping that with Daddario playing her.

I guess the real test is if Jimmy's black .

Although I remember AA Lois being Asian so I don't think they're keeping that with Daddario playing her.
    She was Asian in American Alien. Jimmy hasn't even been cast yet, so maybe they just drop him completely. If it is an American Alien adaptation, I'm sure it'll be very very loosely adapted so they don't have to address any sort of connection to Landis.