Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Would You Like to See a New Marvel/DC Crossover?

Would you personally like to see a new Marvel/DC comic crossover? It's been some years since the last one. If so, which characters or teams would you like to see featured from each universe?

For anyone who would like to see a new Marvel/DC crossover, what suggestions/advice would you have for the collaborators/creators?

Also, if you think this would be a bad idea, explain why.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I love a fun company crossover. I'm not sure how well it would work with so many 'new' teams going on... We've kind of gotten away from the 'classic and iconic' crossovers that people have wanted for decades though. Avengers, X-Men, JLA,... the teams are too messed up. The JLA/Avengers crossover tried their best by making a constantly changing lineup part of the story... but it seems worse now.

Personally I'd love to see a Nightwing/Daredevil crossover. I think they'd get along just awesomely. Otherwise... I think my favorite crossovers were already done in the 90's

i have no idea- so many new characters compared to 20 years ago. so man different approaches to these characters. Competing in-universe physics, histories, etc.

I would love to see a proper team-up between the Silver Surfer and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan).

And I don't know if this can be done since it already appeared in the "DC VS. Marvel" limited series and a scanty few pages in "JLA/Avengers", but I would love to see the creators expand on the modern-day meeting between Batman and Captain America.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-01-2018 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added JLA/Avengers.

Considering the new amount of characters there have been since the last one, this is a motion I'm all for. Have Jaime Reyes team up with Robbie Reyes, or Cassie Sandsmark with Kamala Khan. And while we're at it, why not do another Amalgam too for a laugh?

Squirrel Girl and Ch'p.

But I'd consider buying almost anything Marvel and DC teamed up on.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Squirrel Girl and Ch'p.

But I'd consider buying almost anything Marvel and DC teamed up on.
    How about G'nort… I could picture Squirrel Girl or Deadpool teaming up with G'nort

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    How about G'nort… I could picture Squirrel Girl or Deadpool teaming up with G'nort
    G'Nort and Lockjaw. I'd put Deadpool and Ambush Bug together.

I am a big fan of Marvel/DC crossovers, I have every single one of them.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I'd love to see another one, but seems the rivalry between Marvel and DC has been very heated especially with the movies.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I would like to see another Marvel and DC crossover but as things stadn they might not be in their best state. I think DC is a little more together if you disregard it's currently still loopy continuity and characters who are being mistreated by those like Dan Abnett who really doesn't understand the Titans at all. And Marvel with it's own dismal state with the fallout of One More Day still at work and the characters of sometimes dubious popularity they have been pushing and the staleness of the X-Men franchise.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Would be interesting to see the Champions meet the Titans (a combination of past and present members). Starfire and Viv would be an interesting meeting as both are literal minded. Kid Flash and Miles Morales too, the black teenagers who are both trying to respect the legacy of white elders (Barry and Peter). Steel (Natasha Irons) and Ironheart, both black teenage girls in powered armor. They'd be sure to compare notes! Would Kamala see a bit of Cyclops in Nightwing? And if she met Damian, I can't see either liking the other's leadership style. I guess someone on the DC side would crack a Plastic Girl joke about Ms Marvel too, due to her powerset (Plastic Man has basically the same powers), and I can also see her getting mistaken for a member of the Shazam family due to her costume design with the thunderbolt on it (bonus points if Shazam's old Captain Marvel name is mentioned, perhaps Kamala says she named herself after Captain Marvel, meaning Carol, and they think she means Billy).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Personally I think the next big step for Marvel/ Dc crossover is either animated or live action. Probably animated first.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Though the quality of those sort of cross overs, writing wise at least, often is pretty so-so (there are a few exceptions), I've always been a sucker for them. If they made a few new ones I'd buy it.

I think they're a lot less likely now that Marvel is owned by Disney. It's basically Warner Brothers and Disney working together, and anything would likely require a room full of lawyers to hammer everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though the quality of those sort of cross overs, writing wise at least, often is pretty so-so (there are a few exceptions), I've always been a sucker for them. If they made a few new ones I'd buy it.

I think they're a lot less likely now that Marvel is owned by Disney. It's basically Warner Brothers and Disney working together, and anything would likely require a room full of lawyers to hammer everything out.
    Peace talks would probably be easier.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.