Page 272 of 286 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4285

The dude can do almost anything that needs done with his mastery over tech,they should showing him kicking much ass every issue,saving ppl amd his teammates 2.

Well obviously the League is a bigger profile gig, and the Titans is currently dog poop I’m begging for characters like Nightwing to gtfo out of, but I can’t say I haven’t been bored by Cyborg on the league. Nothing to do with the character, they just haven’t really done anything with him in the JL besides his new origin. He’s the new guy that’s kind of just there all the time. Oddesy looks cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well obviously the League is a bigger profile gig, and the Titans is currently dog poop I’m begging for characters like Nightwing to gtfo out of, but I can’t say I haven’t been bored by Cyborg on the league. Nothing to do with the character, they just haven’t really done anything with him in the JL besides his new origin. He’s the new guy that’s kind of just there all the time. Oddesy looks cool though.
    Well, his Titans status will probably benefit him more then his League status did when it comes to the movies .

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

the Mike Grell run on Legion of Superheroes has some of the most absurd costume designs ever conceived for superheroes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    the Mike Grell run on Legion of Superheroes has some of the most absurd costume designs ever conceived for superheroes.

That's not controversial at all. I think everyone agree on that ^^

Retired

Just as Curt Swan was the perfect artist to bring a fourteen year old Jim Shooter's visions to life--when Jim would create the whole story as his own hand drawn comic book and Curt would use those layouts for the finished pencils--perhaps Mike Grell was the best artist for a twenty-something Jim Shooter, who clearly was more into fetish BDSM style concepts by then.

I mean, it was Jim who came up with characters like Grimbor the Chainsman and Charma, so Iron Mike was merely serving the interests of the writer. Although, I'm sure Dave Cockrum could have given as good, if he'd stuck around, since his work with Chris Claremont on X-Men seemed to mine the same territory of bondage gear and fetish clothing that was so popular in the 1970s.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Absurd? Yes. Sexy (especially in the case of Shadow Lass and Saturn Girl)? Most definitely!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Tyroc was meant to look absurd. Grell really hated the set-up for the character, and wanted his appearance to reflect that.

Absurd as they may be, I can't say I dislike them .

WTF? I think that I saw this character before with another costume.

Is really absurd.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Absurd? Yes. Sexy (especially in the case of Shadow Lass and Saturn Girl)? Most definitely!
    What I think is interesting is that during the 70's you had more parity among men and women's costumes. An easy example would be fantasy/barbarian stories where the women would be half naked but so would the men. Even in the superhero comics you could find guys strutting about baring skin. The reverse I think was true was as well, if there's modestly dressed males their female partners would be dressed in a comparable manner.

....I think my wife has this in her closet for nights when the kids are out of the house. And this was a superhero outfit?

Damn.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

lmao what is that. Looks more like a futuristic swimsuit catalog.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There's actually a reason for that. Tyroc was essentially a segregationist character that Grell had forced on him by the Legion editor. Grell thought the idea was so stupid that he decided to give him the dumbest looking costume he could think of in hopes they'd never use him again.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'm more interested in Tim taking on an existing mantle like the Question or Sandman than him getting an all new bird themed one.