Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Personally,my biggest problem is that Disney didn't bring something new on the table with the new trilogy.Force Awakens was pretty much a redux of A New Hope and the Last Jedi tried something different but failed in most parts.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

The Clone Wars CG series, despite a rocky start, did sort of redeem parts of the prequels-it filled up some of the plot holes, was generally well-written and made Anakin a far more likeable (and better acted, oddly enough) character.

While the Micro series ending led into ROTS, I think they were trying to do that more with Clone Wars towards the end-Ashoka was written out, Order 66 was elaborated on, as well as the Jedi Ghosts etc....arcs dealing with the Death Star, Ventress's fate etc. were also made but not completely finished (Although they're still canon). Had the show continued, I'm guessing it would've perhaps dealt with the lead up to the battle of Coruscant and Padme.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

The Clone Wars CG show was great. It was particularly nice to see a well-written Anakin Skywalker who's a hero, a good person, and a respected Jedi while still having flaws that would eventually lead to his downfall. The first season was a little rocky, but by season 2 it was golden.

It still couldn't salvage the Anakin/Padme romance though. Maybe if it spent less time showing how Padme is the ultimate pacifist and more time showing what they have in common that would have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

It still couldn't salvage the Anakin/Padme romance though. Maybe if it spent less time showing how Padme is the ultimate pacifist and more time showing what they have in common that would have worked.
    I thought it fleshed out the opposites attract and Romeo & Juliet aspects of their relationship better. Good reasons to turn to the Dark Side, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not that essential for a Star Wars fan, but fans of Genndy Tartakovsky and/or Mace Windu really should have a look at it.
    That and Durge was awesome, he was planed to be a major advisory until the end but Lucas wanted to introduce General Grievous (it does explain the wheezing that he is doing in the beginning of ROTS). Durge was going to be reintroduced in the CG cartoon but the idea was scraped and Cad Bane took his place. Asajj Ventress is also introduced in the minis. Now I got to go watch them again.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It still gave her the best line she ever had in any medium: "I still can't believe they let you teach."

I think both pretty much started to show up early in the comics as well, particuarly the "Zombie Gungan" arc. Interesting thing is the early comics didn't have Durge be an Akira-like monster; more just a sort of bounty hunter.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Kudos to this being funny and well thought out at the same time.

clone wars star wars is the best star wars
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    clone wars star wars is the best star wars
    No question there.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The backlash against Empire Strikes Back is highly overstated. Same with Jedi. A few people complained, but that's hardly "everybody" or the type of backlash there currently is for the Last Jedi among people who had been hardcore fans.

The whole article is a joke really.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    The backlash against Empire Strikes Back is highly overstated. Same with Jedi. A few people complained, but that's hardly "everybody" or the type of backlash there currently is for the Last Jedi among people who had been hardcore fans.
    The "backlash" seems to be more along the lines of "a small faction used the intent as a microphone and have been dominating the conversation." Case in point, most credible sources polling viewer reactions show the movie was favorably received (not to mention that box office and home media sales were extremely good). Besides, not every "hardcore" fan rejected it; I, for one, thought it was this generations ESB.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    That's the point of the article, I think.