Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

X-Factor or New Mutants (Dead Souls style)

I'd like to see a The Brotherhood book. Have Magneto put a team together that maybe operates out of a new Asteroid M or Avalon turned into a mutant refuge and operates similar to Cyclop's X-Men before his fall. A team that does whatever it takes to help mutants, a book that rides the line between good and evil.

Villains sell and a good Brotherhood book could not only sell, but be great at setting up events.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post
    I'd like to see a The Brotherhood book. Have Magneto put a team together that maybe operates out of a new Asteroid M or Avalon turned into a mutant refuge and operates similar to Cyclop's X-Men before his fall. A team that does whatever it takes to help mutants, a book that rides the line between good and evil.

Villains sell and a good Brotherhood book could not only sell, but be great at setting up events.
    Ooo! This could be fun! Get Si Spurrier back to write it!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post

That's what Bunn set up but it'll get ignored.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Nothing, although I guess there will be a Wolverine solo.

Uncanny X-Men
    X-Force
    X-23
    Mr & Mrs X
    Wolverine

That is crowded enough. Another team book might sound needed, but the existing books need to find their audience and be given the support to do so. More relaunches just makes it feel like more relaunches are around the corner. If these books are popular enough than find out what is missing or what can be spun off that has its own purpose other than "team book #3" or "solo book #4", of fix whatever is wrong with the books we have.

That said, I would like to see a new generation of mutant book in the spirit of New Mutants, Academy X, Gen X, etc. And sorry to fans of those casts, but it should be (yet another) mostly brand new cast with no baggage (or expecations.)

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

a new jean grey solo
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Resurrected Man Logan

Astonishing Member

What ever comes out I hope they at least attempt to have marketing for it

Fantastic Member

X-Factor - Original 5, plus Alex and Lorna.
    Gen X/New X-Men of some sort. ANY sort, really.
    Some other X-team spinning out of the inevitable end of Mr&MrsX. Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Bishop, Pixie, Northstar, Storm, Beast.

Oh, and no more than one solo-mini shipping in the same month, plz.

Edit: On second thought, send Storm back to Uncanny (she should always be flagship), and stick Jubilee in her place.
    Last edited by magneticmushroom; 01-28-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

A book that does not involve Jean, Storm, Cyclops, Kitty, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Beast, Psylocke, and Angel. Their time to be in the spotlight has passed and they can be in a Semi-Retired X-book. Time to let the next generation shine. A book with the New Mutants leading X-teams and more New X-Men on teams please.

BANNED

Generation X with as much as the original cast as possible and none of the modern kids at all

Spider-Man/Wolverine by Robbie Thompson or Jeff Loveness to replace Spider-Man/Deadpool

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Something with Jean or Cyclops and Cable or Rachel. I want to see more familial interactions.

I wont get what i want, but

I want superhero plots,

Struggles with identity, powers, dynamics between characters, betrayals, quitters, overachievers, creative teamwork,
    rescues, suspense, losing control, nobility, greed, epic fights, vengeance.

The xbooks have pivoted away from plot focus for so long, it makes all character interaction MEANINGLESS.

and the current stable of writers and editors would be happy if they could have Xmen comics with nothing but characters having lunch. Zach and lonny said as such in a podcast today

Watch these age of xmen minis, and see how many of you will complain “nothing happened “ after the first or second issue, after u have wasted 8 freaking dollars.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    The xbooks have pivoted away from plot focus for so long, it makes all character interaction MEANINGLESS.
    Hard disagree, if anything I would say the biggest problem, particularly with the flagships, is that they are too plot focused.

In addition to titles others have already mentioned, I would like to see a Magik ongoing.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Something with Jean or Cyclops and Cable or Rachel. I want to see more familial interactions.
    That would be nice but the X-Office doesn't like this family drama.

I'd also take a Brian and Betsy issue or two with a resurrected Jamie.