Page 153 of 313 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    There's always an exception to the rule.As things are now, Damian would need massive character development before he can function as a player on any team.
    No he just needs age and to learn form his experiences. Damian from Percy's TT was much better than Glass TT OCC version. I get the mandate for this current run was to force Damian to make all the wrong decisions and be the worst because the higher up decided he should lose Robin but Glass went over the top.

i will say that I enjoyed seeing A bat try to do thing's differently rather than just hand them over to the police and later the same villains come out to commit even more crimes and the cycle continues.

Damian said he was going to find a permanent solution and he did. Damian method of controlling crime to make sure that the cycle of repeat offenders was impressive though all kinds of wrong.

He's firmly in Anti-Hero bracket these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    No he just needs age and to learn form his experiences. Damian from Percy's TT was much better than Glass TT OCC version. I get the mandate for this current run was to force Damian to make all the wrong decisions and be the worst because the higher up decided he should lose Robin but Glass went over the top.

i will say that I enjoyed seeing A bat try to do thing's differently rather than just hand them over to the police and later the same villains come out to commit even more crimes and the cycle continues.

Damian said he was going to find a permanent solution and he did. Damian method of controlling crime to make sure that the cycle of repeat offenders was impressive though all kinds of wrong.

He's firmly in Anti-Hero bracket these days.
    Except he didn't find any permanent solutions. The prison didn't work, the brainwashing is over and his next idea, killing people, is funny considering that this run itself proves that kiling doesn't work either.
    Deathstroke is already running around again and the Heretic was supposed to be dead after Batman Inc, and suddenly here he was, running around to tempt Damian to join him.
    And now Damian will probably get hit in the face by his dad for doing all of these terrible things that achieved nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't mean he should accept everyone with open arms. I just don't understand their direction. At first, they allowed Tomasi to lead him along the path of redemption and change, revealed his character on the other hand, in fact, it was then that his character became popular, which saved him from permanent death after Morrison. They gave him friends (Maya, Jon, Titans), gave him team (two teams at the same time), distanced him from Talia and the League, even put him against Ra's, improved his relationship with Bruce and the rest. In short, the entire top of the "dark path" was abandoned, it began to build in a more optimistic manner. That was their direction.
    And then with one step it all destroyed and reduced to the starting point) Just what is the point that entire development then?)
    The dark path is never going to be abandoned. Not with any of the Robin's especially Damian. Damian's character development is still there he's just trying to do something differently. His way. This the first time Damian is doing anything his way. That is growth and if it helps he is doing it because he cares and his intentions were good. He just can't bear to see bad things happen to good people. He couldn't just walk off the loss of so many lives like the JL did in No Justice.

Damian is a good guy with a great heart. Batman's way isn't working clearly. It's a tricky subject stopping all crime. I don't think that can be done and Damian's method isn't the way but just because he choose this path doesn't mean he is headed for a dark path. The JL have mind wiped villains and Batman has an illegal Jail but that didn't stop them from being heroes

He will learn/will be made to see the error of his ways and hopefully he'll grow from that.

On the friends stuff and people. Damian will always struggle with new people and social skills. that's just who he is. He is afterall a sort of parody of Bruce.

With his origin and being a Bat Optimistic is rarely the direction writers will choose. For some reason it's always angsty in the Batman verse.
    I hope to see more of his friends and wouldn't mind some positive and happy tales but the stories where he struggles and gets challenged keep things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Except he didn't find any permanent solutions. The prison didn't work, the brainwashing is over and his next idea, killing people, is funny considering that this run itself proves that kiling doesn't work either.
    Deathstroke is already running around again and the Heretic was supposed to be dead after Batman Inc, and suddenly here he was, running around to tempt Damian to join him.
    And now Damian will probably get hit in the face by his dad for doing all of these terrible things that achieved nothing.
    Like I said this damian is forced mandate and he tried he just got found out.
    Bruce his his kids in the face all the time but lets hope this time he remembers to communicate with his words

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    duke already 15 he has his own identity, its better for him to not be robin
    robins die
    Agree, but Batman needs a Robin, if Damian go way I think Duke is the better choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    If Duke become Robin and discard his Signal identity, somehow I will see it as character regression. I think Robin title is just like student title, when you find you own identity name, that means you've graduated from Robin and become full-fledged hero.

It's the same case with Tim. Someone I know on twitter said that with Damian's loss on Robin title and Bendis leaving, it's the best opportunity for Tim to discard Drake title (which nobody likes) and reclaim Robin title. But I think it will be Tim's character regression. Like or not, he already separated himself from Batman sidekick status and become full-fledged hero, first as Red Robin, and now as Drake.

(But on the other hand, on latest Young Justice issue Tim's teammate called him Robin. I already give up on understanding Bendis's way of thinking
    I think Tim didn't really want stop being Robin, (in this new universe he never was, is this right?), so he could want to be, Bruce enjoy more working with him than Damian... I prefer Duke like Signal too, but in the same way Dick needed to be Batman for a while, Duke being Robin would be good for increase character apparitions.

If Damian really stop being Robin, who could be the new Robin?

This picture is debuted on latest DC comic issues like Nightwing annual 3, Young Justice, Batman and The Outsiders, etc. Not gonna lie, at first i thought that meme is fan made, like Batman slap social distancing version. Turns out it's official from DC. It's funny because it's true, it's hurt because it's true, so I don't know I want to laugh or cry.

I wonder if they will use that meme on Teen Titans annual...
    Batman is smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    If they make Tim Robin again he's officially the guy who can't evolve and move on.
    How old is he right now? 17?
    It would actually be a pretty sad statement about his character if DC makes him Robin again.
    But Bendis making terrible decisions is nothing new I guess.
    I don't think would be terrible, woud be a more soft Batman & Robin too, again, this can be temporary and make Tim even more share of what he wants. He don't know very well who he wants to be now. "I am not Robin, I am Red Robin" don't is a no "move on" already? I really have a feeling that would be better if he became a Robin and decid to quit instead he needed to became Red Robin just because Dick chose Damian like Robin when Batman "died".

I just tought in Jason and Damian both calling he "replacement".

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, Tynion likes Tim. With Damian quitting and becoming something else, he really can be used as Robin after Joker War. It's another example of stagnation, but it really can happen. Anyway, it's, probably, the biggest problem with Damian is because each Batman writer just not interested in character. Snyder didn't want to write him and obviously wanted to have Duke as Robin, and I'm sure he was pissed by his ressurection. King doesn't care about anyone expect Selina. And Tynion, as I said, likes Tim more, but in this case I believe he's better option that the first couple.
    And there is a positive here. If Damian really becomes completely independent, it is possible that they will do an ongoing about him next year.
    Let me ask one thing, If the writer DON'T like the character why he need to work writting in a comic about him? Who decides it? DC? It's a american comic thing or other thing? Don't make more sense have someone that like the character and a editor for balanced?

It's not a case of Batman writers not liking him [both Synder and King use him more often than any other family members outside of Dick]

It's just that DC decided in the 90's to make Robin an independent hero. Robin hasn't been a regular in the Batman title since the 90's Robin series was introduced in the 90's. Morrison brought the dynamic duo back for Batman and Robin Reborn but that and Tomasi's Batman and Robin volumes were specials.

Other than that series the dynamic duo have really only been in outside titles and cross overs.

It really would be funny and poetic if Tim replaced Damian as Robin lol.
    ironic, right??

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I don't think would be terrible, woud be a more soft Batman & Robin too, again, this can be temporary and make Tim even more share of what he wants. He don't know very well who he wants to be now. "I am not Robin, I am Red Robin" don't is a no "move on" already? I really have a feeling that would be better if he became a Robin and decid to quit instead he needed to became Red Robin just because Dick chose Damian like Robin when Batman "died".

I just tought in Jason and Damian both calling he "replacement".
    He left the role over ten years ago, he should have moved on already.

I think we've already established that Damian is a complete different Robin than his predecessor. Unlike Dick, Jason pre-crowbar, and Tim, Damian's character is too dominating, well that's expected when you combine control-freak Bruce genes with Daughter of Demons gene. He will never want to be underneath anyone, Ra's Talia, even Bruce, that's why we often see Damian and Bruce butting their heads like a pair of bulls. And that's why he gets along with Dick, because Dick as Batman never force Damian to accept him as his leader. And yes, Bruce's harsh and control freak attitude maybe make him look menacing, but combine that with 13 years old (and very short) body, the results is just a boy who is so annoying. Competent of course, but annoying. Sure he has his good, compassionate side, but you will not see it on him on first glance, and he will not show it to you on your first met. That's why he work best on duo, even though Dick found him annoying, Steph found him annoying, Jon found him annoying, they still stay on his side and slowly learn the goodness on his character. But on team, if Damian annoys you, you just can ignore him and hang out with other teammates you like more, and the result is Damian will be isolated from the team. Happened in all of his experience on 3 Teen Titans team.
    Agree. Love him, but annoying. But, about being in a team, one thing I love is that he believe in the teammates, he put pression for beliving in a potention that even they don't believe. When he went for the first TT he said they are going to be even better than Justice League, any character agreed with him. It's not enough for make him a good leader, but will be powerfull when he control his "annoying".

*Of coooourse he has this killing all close peoples poison, but he think it a perfect normal thing.

Damian will always struggle with new people and social skills. that's just who he is. He is afterall a sort of parody of Bruce.

With his origin and being a Bat Optimistic is rarely the direction writers will choose. For some reason it's always angsty in the Batman verse.
    I hope to see more of his friends and wouldn't mind some positive and happy tales but the stories where he struggles and gets challenged keep things interesting.
    I don't think him like a parody of Batman.
    Batman avoid be close of peoples - Damian go looking for peoples, he wants attention, to be seeing, to be respect and want that everybody know how much he is the better. (He just can't talk about feelings.)
    Batman is hush - Damian can't stop talking, show his klowledge when no one ask, he makes a point of pointing out the mistakes of others
    Batman thinks no one can do nothing without him - Damian believe in others capacities
    Batman don't ask for help - Damian ask in a way that make other person thinking he is doing a favor.
    Batman is smart and don't underestimate enemies - Damian never learn stop underestimate even the most strongger villains (never).

The most common thing for me is both are stubborn.
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 06-17-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Agree, but Batman needs a Robin, if Damian go way I think Duke is the better choice?
    Batman doesn't need a Robin. He said so himself. Which was why Duke became Signal something better.

The only Robin batman ever needed was Dick.

Let me ask one thing, If the writer DON'T like the character why he need to work writting in a comic about him? Who decides it? DC? It's a american comic thing or other thing? Don't make more sense have someone that like the character and a editor for balanced?
    Dc decides eg. Tynion's batman /TMNT doesn't like Damian [says he finds it difficult to write him even though he writes a good Damian] but since Damian is Robin Dc wanted him to be in the book with batman so Tynion has no choice but to use him if he wants the job

if a writer is big enough then he can decide eg Synder's pitched a Nightwing book and his Metal/Death Metal, Tomasi writing batman and Robin

Some writers might take a job writing a character they don't like because it's a good move professionally eg King on batman.

Writers use the characters that work best in their books or with the stories they wish to write eg king was supposed to use Duke in his Rebirth Batman [Synder his creator was instrumental in getting him his batman gig ] but the story he wanted to focus on ended up not having a place for Duke.