Page 93 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Marton Adam Marton

"Commission work.
    Character designs of DC characters such as the Red Hood and the Green Arrow based on their Injustice versions with a little samurai twist."

(see linked ArtStation page for the Green Arrow design)

Oh... This one is pretty cool. I like the one for Oliver too.

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone know how long the Digital Series like Gotham Nights and Titans Together are going to continue?

Since they are based on the original stories from the 100 Page Giants I doubt there is much material left for future issues.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Does anyone know how long the Digital Series like Gotham Nights and Titans Together are going to continue?

Since they are based on the original stories from the 100 Page Giants I doubt there is much material left for future issues.
    Are the two Raven stories in Titans: Titans Together #3 from the 100 Page Giants too?
    I agree that there's probably not much material left for future issues. But it's a shame. I like the short story style of DC's Digital First initiative. I would like more writers, artists and characters to be part of this.

Here's a cool article about Batman: The Adventures Continue and the corresponding new action figures.
    Batman's Animated Adventures Continue with New Figures and Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ha, that one made me laugh. It's very silly a meme culture-reliant, but as someone who has lurked around certain places for years, well, it's funny.

Remember: these digital first comics, as far as I know, are almost out of continuity, if not their own thing entirely. It's the same for the Gotham Nights one, and I think the Superman series too? But I'm not sure about that one.
    Gotham Knights is genuinely assumed to be in canon, but not especially reference heavy to make it easy for New Readers to understand. The writer of the last issue tweeted as such.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Gotham Knights is genuinely assumed to be in canon, but not especially reference heavy to make it easy for New Readers to understand. The writer of the last issue tweeted as such.
    As far as I recall, Seeley said that it was loosely canon. That means it really isn't mean to be canon most of the time, in my book. If anyone can repost that tweet here, I'll be thankfull. That way I can set my opinion with some base or stand corrected. I think I read that tweet in some other thread, not here.

---

Good lord. So many many Ladybug / Batman fics I'm not interested in. I know it's not fair, complaining about people enjoying their hobbies; but it's a bit of a chore navigating the Jason Todd tag in AO3 these days. I wonder when people is going to grow pass this trend. I'm happy for those who enjoy it, but... eh...

I guess I'll have to work my stuff or read some books waiting in my pile instead of reading fics.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-10-2020 at 05:48 PM.

As far as I recall, Seeley said that it was loosely canon. That means it really isn't mean to be canon most of the time, in my book. If anyone can repost that tweet here, I'll be thankfull. That way I can set my opinion with some base or stand corrected. I think I read that tweet in some other thread, not here.

Here's the post.

Someone asked Tim Seeley on Twitter if Gotham Nights #12 takes place after Joker War.

Tim Seeley's answer:

"It's more of a 'dancing between the raindrops' approach to continuity. It's a Robins story with no direct connection to crossover events."

And there was also this little conversation on Twitter:

Attachment 98486

Attachment 98487

Good lord. So many many Ladybug / Batman fics I'm not interested in. I know it's not fair, complaining about people enjoying their hobbies; but it's a bit of a chore navigating the Jason Todd tag in AO3 these days. I wonder when people is going to grow pass this trend. I'm happy for those who enjoy it, but... eh...

I guess I'll have to work my stuff or read some books waiting in my pile instead of reading fics.
    Have you tried to exclude Miraculous Ladybug? A03 has the filter option to exclude certain stuff. You just could use "Other tags to exclude" and exclude "Miraculous Ladybug". Doesn't that work?

Here's the post.

Have you tried to exclude Miraculous Ladybug? A03 has the filter option to exclude certain stuff. You just could use "Other tags to exclude" and exclude "Miraculous Ladybug". Doesn't that work?
    Oh, that's useful. It wasn't there a year ago, was it? Now I can finally filter that ABO stuff too. Thanks a ton!

--------

Cute, @Aahz. Very cute, and the caption story about those puppies that goes with it is kindly heartwarming.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-11-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Oh, that's useful. It wasn't there a year ago, was it? Now I can finally filter that ABO stuff too. Thanks a ton!

[...]
    It's a rather new feature, yes - but I can't remember when it was introduced (I don't use it). It's possible that it's not even a year old.

This is such a cute cosplay photo by Jordan.J.Cosplay:

And this shot is funny in a very basic sense (source: tiny_hannibal):

Yeah, I've since used the filter with that too. Very useful with getting rid of stories under 2k words, ladybug crossovers (not worth it for the 5 out of 100 thousand that might be good), and other such things.

For people who like fan-movies: There's a Red Hood & Deathstroke movie named "Drums of War" in the making (source).

Watchtower Database has released their BATMAN: The Adventures Continue, Chapter 7 review. They even mention that Willis Todd is the current Wingman in comics.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

For people who like fan-movies: There's a Red Hood & Deathstroke movie named "Drums of War" in the making (source).

Watchtower Database has released their BATMAN: The Adventures Continue, Chapter 7 review. They even mention that Willis Todd is the current Wingman in comics.

Interesting design for the helmet. My first thought somehow is a racer, even though it looks nothing like a racing helmet.
    I want Jason to have a bike. I asked before, right, and you guys said he doesn't have a named bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Interesting design for the helmet. My first thought somehow is a racer, even though it looks nothing like a racing helmet.
    I want Jason to have a bike. I asked before, right, and you guys said he doesn't have a named bike?
    Nope, he doesn't. Tim had one (or was it a car), and Dick. And I think even Damian had a regular one. But not Jason that I remember. He uses different stuff every time, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What kind of bike?
    And no, he never had a named one. What would you name it?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What kind of bike?
    And no, he never had a named one. What would you name it?
    Idk. Something that looks rugged.

Exposed engine, even though he gets shot all the time so that's a bad idea, that's just for the looks.

Spiked tires so it can scale buildings or at least a grappling hook

Basically my first thought is the BMW R18 but it should be lighter than that though since he's gonna jump off rooftops with it, so I looked at off-road bikes, they look too light. I like something that has a weight in it. I don't really like racing bike because it looks too slick and clean. Even though it's not gonna look as clean once it got shot...

Of course, it has to be red and black

The name, written in contrast to the rugged masculine body, in a feminine script is "Daddy's Disappointment" lol