Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    It was also supposed to be a different comic line instead of an alternate universe only kept alive by Bendis' "Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man", but Ultimatum happened, they killed most of the main X-men characters (Magneto killed Xavier, then used Cyclops and Iron Man to kill Wolverine, Cyclops killed Magneto after it was revealed that mutants in the 1610 where just a virus created by Weapon X, and then Quicksilver killed Cyclops, they killed 31 characters in that event, only 4 came back) and later they ruined the rest (except for Kitty), they also destroyed the Fantastic Four by making Reed Richards evil, and in Cataclysm they killed Captain America and seemingly Thor, and then they ended all the Ultimate comics there where and started some new (there is no ultimate X-men at all), and only "Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man" is not making awful numbers (most don't even reach the 15.000) and is not planned to be canceled or canceled already
    Also, in Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man 3 Bendis hinted that there is going to be an incursion from the 1610 to the 616, so only one Earth will survive, which most likely means that they will save a few ultimate characters like Miles Morales (iirc Bendis already hinted stuff by making crazy people yell it while wearing superhero costumes in the police station)

Bendis, and I think it was last week, if not it was the other, Spider-men 2 is definitely happening
    I'm Predicting it right now, that these are the ultimate characters that are going to: Jimmy Hudson (Wolverine's Son), Miles Morales, Mach 2. Other possible candidates: Jessica Drew (Peter Parker's Clone) and Derek Morgan (Guardian).

this is how look ultimate jean grey? or is other...
    4094320-uncx2013026_int2-page-004.jpg

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

That's her, but she last appeared in Cataclysm as they needed her powers and mastery with cerebro/cerebra/cerewhatever. After that she ad the mutants have been MIA save Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It's actually way more complicated than that. For a while, Ultimate Jean went all emo, starting this new team that didn't last at all. Then she went completely insane and became this mad dictator of Tian. She waged war on all her old friends and fellow mutants. Probably even killed a few. She used her powers to psychically manipulate Jimmy Hudson (aka a pitiful attempt to replace Wolverine). Then when she was defeated, she went back to the X-men and they all acted like nothing happened. She goes crazy, kills, psychically torments her friends, and they just shrug it off. I'm serious. That's actually what happened. In 616, they throw Cyclops in jail for going crazy at the hands of the Phoenix Force. But in Ultimate, they just ignore it. No explanation. No heartfelt redemption. Nothing. Now Ultimate Jean is this pathetic, flat, uninteresting character that nobody has put any effort into. She's the complete opposite of what she used to be while the rest of the Ultimate X-men are just flat.

Is it really any surprise that Ultimate X-men was by far the worst selling X-book before it got canned? Is it really any surprise that there was no X-book after the latest relaunch? Is it really any surprise either that one of those relaunched titles got canned in 6 issues, another looks like it's getting canned in 12, and the only book anyone puts any effort into is Ultimate Spider-Man?

This is exactly why I'm skeptical that the O5 X-men visiting Ultimate will be productive. I get why Bendis is doing it. He likes Miles and Miles is the only viable Ultimate character at this point. That and Ultimate is declining very quickly. Cataclysm failed miserably to revitalize the line, as have all efforts over the past five years. It makes Quesada's words from years back prophetic when he said if Ultimate ever crossed over with 616, then they would have run out of ideas. Well now, crossovers are the only way that Ultimate can be relevant in any capacity. It's really tragic because for a time, Ultimate was the gold standard in comics. Now it has to rely on a crossover like this. It's pretty pathetic.

My hope for this crossover is that at some point, it'll get some of these characters away from the rotting corpse that is Ultimate. I would love to see Ultimate Jean Grey enter 616. She has nothing to live for in Ultimate anymore. I wouldn't mind seeing Miles in 616 either. It's just not possible for him to sustain Ultimate on his own. Maybe even let lesser characters like Mach Two and Derek Morgan join 616 since they're doing a whole lot of nothing. As for the rest, keep them in Ultimate and let them go down with the ship. They bring absolutely nothing new to the table.

That said, I'm not expecting any of this to happen. Bendis is the only reason Ultimate still exists and I doubt he'll start bringing Ultimate characters to 616 because that only means Ultimate is even less relevant. But so long as the O5 make it back and learn their future isn't nearly as bad as it could be, I'll enjoy this crossover. It'll just be a sad reminder of how awful Ultimate has become.
    I agree with everything you just said.How in the world did the Ultimate line crash sooooo hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    That's her, but she last appeared in Cataclysm as they needed her powers and mastery with cerebro/cerebra/cerewhatever. After that she ad the mutants have been MIA save Kitty.
    oh that's cool, i don't know about this, i was thinking that ultimate jean stay in utopia.
    Last edited by jorge17881; 09-12-2014 at 08:54 PM.

I hope Jimmy joins the all new x-men

all new x men 36

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PERRY777 View Post
    I agree with everything you just said.How in the world did the Ultimate line crash sooooo hard?
    616 books started taking more risks so the need for the UU just didn't exist anymore so they decided to go even further and just start killing everyone they couldn't kill in the 616. Well at least that's my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Yeah, the Ultimate line has really been limping along for the last several years now and needs to be put out of its misery...I think it would have already ended years ago if Bendis had ever decided to leave Ultimate Spidey. I definitely think, at some point, Miles and maybe a few others will cross over to 616 permanently and that will be the end of the line for the rest but I don't think it's happening right now...I think they'd make a bigger deal out of it than just another story arc in a typically unrelated book.
    I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that in "8 months later" the 1610 and the 616 were going to collide

Quote Originally Posted by Comiclove5 View Post
    I'm Predicting it right now, that these are the ultimate characters that are going to: Jimmy Hudson (Wolverine's Son), Miles Morales, Mach 2. Other possible candidates: Jessica Drew (Peter Parker's Clone) and Derek Morgan (Guardian).
    I would replace Jimmy with Blackheath,
    Last edited by maxi_miceli; 09-12-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that in "8 months later" the 1610 and the 616 where going to collide

I would replace Jimmy with Blackheath,
    Well, how i know, the earth 616 is going to crash with something, but we still dont know with what.

So we seem to get Ultimate X-Men vs All-New X-Men. This could be fun especially since we've got double the Iceman and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by PERRY777 View Post
    They just stopped caring and they stopped trying. It's as simple as that. I mean Ultimate Jean wages all out war, psychically torments Kitty's love interest, and goes absolutely mad for no reason and they just shrug it off? That shows just how little they care and how little Marvel is willing to try. Not only that, they didn't even try anything new. They claimed Ultimate was now this place where anything can happen that can't happen in 616. Well guess what? Utopia happened and it's not even an old idea. Matt Fraction did it in 2009. So not only did they not try, they carried out like total hypocrites. There really was no direction, no vision, and no real desire to ever do anything with characters not named Kitty Pryde or Miles Morales. The only reason Ultimate wasn't canceled years ago was because Bendis didn't leave. The day he leaves Spider-Man is the day Ultimate dies.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I would like to see the two meet at some point (too bad Tyke isn't with the group right now although her meeting adult Cyke would be more interesting) but now is definitely not the time...WAY too many alternate versions of these characters running around 616 already.
    I don't disagree, but look at it another way. There are two Cyclopses, two Angels, two Icemans, and two Beasts. Yet there's only one Jean Grey. Seems like an imbalance to me. Ultimate Jean could actually correct that in a novel way. But again, that sounds like one of those ideas that's just too awesome for Marvel to ever try. Like I said, they really stopped putting effort into Ultimate. Unless their names are Miles or Kitty, they just don't care. That's why I hope the next incursion event puts Ultimate out of its misery. Maybe by having Miles join All-New X-men, it'll give Marvel a way to save him and keep him out of the line of fire. Once he's safe, they can kill Ultimate the way they should've killed it years ago.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I find it funny that Kitty is on the cover but most likely she won't appear in the issue at all. Unless we meet her Ultimate counterpart or have a brief moment with her in the regular Marvel Universe.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    They just stopped caring and they stopped trying. It's as simple as that. I mean Ultimate Jean wages all out war, psychically torments Kitty's love interest, and goes absolutely mad for no reason and they just shrug it off? That shows just how little they care and how little Marvel is willing to try. Not only that, they didn't even try anything new. They claimed Ultimate was now this place where anything can happen that can't happen in 616. Well guess what? Utopia happened and it's not even an old idea. Matt Fraction did it in 2009. So not only did they not try, they carried out like total hypocrites. There really was no direction, no vision, and no real desire to ever do anything with characters not named Kitty Pryde or Miles Morales. The only reason Ultimate wasn't canceled years ago was because Bendis didn't leave. The day he leaves Spider-Man is the day Ultimate dies.
    I agree with everything you say but I just have to mention that you have been saying the same exact thing for over 8 years. Like I log on to today and I can remember you saying the same exact thing 8 years ago. How on earth does someone keep a grudge like that. I would go crazy shouting to the heavens all the time. Me I would have stopped giving a crap about any of it after a year or so.