Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

https://www.newsarama.com/50038-clas...GXThq15-tfqim8

Marz and Banks interview on Kyle.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Shota kyle good god

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I would love a kyle solo by marz the last written kyle story I read with marz writing kyle was ION which was really great.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I would love a kyle solo by marz the last written kyle story I read with marz writing kyle was ION which was really great.
    I would be curious, but when he came back after Raab's trainwreck for one last hurrah (#176-181) it was pretty average.
    That said, I'd love to see where Radu is these days. What about Effigy??
    And although he was a Winick creation, whatever became of Terry?
    I'd also be down for a rematch with Grayven. The sense of impending doom built up by Marz was excellent. When he was finally shown on that final splash page of #74? DAMN. Great stuff.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

If they ever do anything with Kyle in live action, Diego Tinoco would be my choice to play him! Originally had him as Jaime Reyes but I feel he fits/looks more like Kyle. Thoughts?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I would be curious, but when he came back after Raab's trainwreck for one last hurrah (#176-181) it was pretty average.
    That said, I'd love to see where Radu is these days. What about Effigy??
    And although he was a Winick creation, whatever became of Terry?
    I'd also be down for a rematch with Grayven. The sense of impending doom built up by Marz was excellent. When he was finally shown on that final splash page of #74? DAMN. Great stuff.
    Well, I mean, much like in the case of Emerald Twilight, Marz was brought back explicitly to end the series, and was (as far as I recall) heavily editorialized. In fact, I remember reading once that Marz's original plan turned out to be similar to Geoff John's GL Rebirth (which was at the time being worked on), because it involved Parallax, bringing back the Corps, and (possibly) Hal. Of course, his pitch was rejected, and the end result was mandated by editorial as part of the new status quo going forward (i.e. Kyle's mom dying, breaking up with Jade, Kyle going back to space).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

If they ever do anything with Kyle in live action, Diego Tinoco would be my choice to play him! Originally had him as Jaime Reyes but I feel he fits/looks more like Kyle. Thoughts?
    Mmm not bad

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Well, I mean, much like in the case of Emerald Twilight, Marz was brought back explicitly to end the series, and was (as far as I recall) heavily editorialized. In fact, I remember reading once that Marz's original plan turned out to be similar to Geoff John's GL Rebirth (which was at the time being worked on), because it involved Parallax, bringing back the Corps, and (possibly) Hal. Of course, his pitch was rejected, and the end result was mandated by editorial as part of the new status quo going forward (i.e. Kyle's mom dying, breaking up with Jade, Kyle going back to space).
    They should give kyle a mini at first with marz and let him have a free reign with it especially now that Dan didio is gone.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Banks: That term wouldn’t exist except for a botched attempt at censoring the scene. If the panel was left the way I originally drew it (clearly showing Alex intact) fans may have just moved on.

How right is this! I always thought that Alex's body was slaughtered in pieces. I didn't know that she was putted intact in the refrigerator, and probably I wouldn't been so hit by that scene.
    Sometimes censure can be more grim than reality.

Marz was brought back explicitly to end the series, and was (as far as I recall) heavily editorialized. In fact, I remember reading once that Marz's original plan turned out to be similar to Geoff John's GL Rebirth
    Not really - Peter Tomasi hired Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver in 2003 for GL Rebirth, while Ben Raab was still the writer of the book. He hired Marz shortly thereafter to close out volume 3, and gave him the plot points necessary to line up Kyle's arc with Rebirth. There may have been a few changes along the way, but not big ones - Johns' final outline for Rebirth was approved in January 2004, three months before Marz' first issue hit the shelves.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Not really - Peter Tomasi hired Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver in 2003 for GL Rebirth, while Ben Raab was still the writer of the book. He hired Marz shortly thereafter to close out volume 3, and gave him the plot points necessary to line up Kyle's arc with Rebirth. There may have been a few changes along the way, but not big ones - Johns' final outline for Rebirth was approved in January 2004, three months before Marz' first issue hit the shelves.
    That was as per Marz's own words (He might have even stated that in this very forum) long time ago. And by editorialized I don't mean that changes were introduced last minutes (the only one that I remember is DC backtracking from Kyle's mom having been killed by Major Force) but rather, than his original plan turned out to be similar to Geoff's Rebirth, and thus he had to change his original pitch, to follow more closely what editorial wanted.

That was as per Marz's own words (He might have even stated that in this very forum) long time ago. And by editorialized I don't mean that changes were introduced last minutes (the only one that I remember is DC backtracking from Kyle's mom having been killed by Major Force) but rather, than his original plan turned out to be similar to Geoff's Rebirth, and thus he had to change his original pitch, to follow more closely what editorial wanted.
    That doesn't add up: Ron Marz was hired to close out GL Vol. 3 after Geoff Johns' Rebirth story was approved. Once that happened, Peter Tomasi (editor on both Rebirth and GL vol. 3) asked Marz to come back specifically to close out Kyle's run and set up Kyle's status quo for Rebirth. That was the gig - he wasn't asked for a pitch for Hal and the Corps. As Ron Marz said himself, here:

“’Homecoming?’ will contain “no Hal Jordan, no ties to Hal Jordan,” he said emphatically. “DC asked me to come back and write six issues about Kyle. That's what I'm doing. Whatever plans there are for Hal Jordan do not play a role in this story.
    Now - there were prior discussions about bringing back Hal and the Corps in 2000-2001, when Bob Schreck took over as editor on the GL series. But those were complicated by the Spectre series that was advertised as coming out of Day of Judgment. They delayed that Spectre series quite a bit to think about things (to the frustration of JM Dematteis - he clarified in interviews that the delay had nothing to do with him or the artist), but eventually decided to stay the course on the Spectre book. By that point, Schreck had already commissioned the Joe Kelly "Legacy Last Will and Testament" book, which was intended to be the opening of the door. But all of this was after Marz had left DC.

BANNED

Found a nice cover of wizard with kyle on the cover!

20200522_171321.jpg

BANNED

A new art from the 80th anniversary issue:

20200522_210909.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    A new art from the 80th anniversary issue:

20200522_210909.jpg
    Based on the previews online, it would seem that Kyle grows up to wear glasses.