Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

For Captain Marvel, are you thinking about Minn-Erva?

BANNED

Helen Cobb I believe

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Likewise, Daredevil has a long list of capable fighters on his dance card, I don't know that he's got anyone that matches his sensory abilities.
    Ikari qualifies. He also had a literal doppelganger in the form of Hellspawn at one point.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Spectrum?
    Monica doesn't have a true counterpart, but if Marvel ever wanted to give her one, Blackout comes to mind. His origin is very similar to hers in that it involves a scientist creating a device that taps into an extradimensional source of infinite energy.

And if Marvel ever decides to restore Monica's true power levels, the goddess Nyx would have made a great counterpart as well.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Blackout's more her opposite than her counterpart. He doesn't have the same powers at all, but he does negate her powers.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I don't think The Thing, the Human Torch or the Invisible Woman have evil counterparts

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't think The Thing, the Human Torch or the Invisible Woman have evil counterparts
    They have the U-Foes, they've just somehow never met.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

The Terrible Trio
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terr...Marvel_Comics)

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They have the U-Foes, they've just somehow never met.
    The OP was less explicit on this post than on the similar post on the DC Forums:
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m trying to get a list of superheroes or teams without evil counterparts:
    For example: Superman would have Zod, Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, possibly Eradicator, Superboy Prime, Ultraman.

While the team Superman is on, JUstice League has Crime Syndicate.

Or Plastic Man has one in Plasaman and the team he’s on, The Terrifics, have the Dreadfuls.
    Based on that, I'd say the FF - collectively - have at least two counter-parts: the aforementioned U-Foes, but also The Frightful Four (in all their varying incarnations). In a similar manner, most of the individual X-Men lack direct counterparts, but The Brotherhood and Mister Sinister's Marauders represent their collective opposites.

Incredible Member

Individually, most of the X-Men don't have a Mirror, but collectively, they've had The Brotherhood, and occasionally each other. In a similar manner, The Inhuman Royal Family have Maximus and his rebels, but Black Bolt has no real opposite number.

Luke Cage never really had an opposite number. He fought some tough guys, but none that's really a counterpart to him.
    i dare say that tombstone is cage opposite, got into experimental gas that make him bulletproof and super strong.

even though the imperial guards were never meant as counterparts to the x-men but when they fought, their members had plenty of similaries. cyclops - impulse, wolverine - fang, colossus - neutron etc

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i dare say that tombstone is cage opposite, got into experimental gas that make him bulletproof and super strong.

even though the imperial guards were never meant as counterparts to the x-men but when they fought, their members had plenty of similaries. cyclops - impulse, wolverine - fang, colossus - neutron etc
    I just see the Imperial Guard as Legion of SuperHero expies.

Like the Squadron Supreme are to the Justice League.

Luke Cage never really had an opposite number. He fought some tough guys, but none that's really a counterpart to him.
    Mitchell Tanner (Warhawk) is Luke's opposite number, having gained his abilities from an earlier variation of the treatment that gave Luke his powers.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Mitchell Tanner (Warhawk) is Luke's opposite number, having gained his abilities from an earlier variation of the treatment that gave Luke his powers.
    One thing about this thread, it's pointing out all the developments I've missed along the way

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    An origin that just screams out for some more development. Surely Luke wasn't the first, last or only subject, and, given where it was taking place, few if any of the other test subjects would have been falsely imprisoned (so much more likely to be villains than heroes). Given that the process augmented Luke's skin, it would be neat to have other attempts infuse other bodily systems/parts, such as a guy with a super-charged nervous system, giving him an electric zap-touch *and* ridiculously superhuman reflexes / reaction speeds. The experiment was a precursor to the Power Broker, and could have served (or even still serve, in a blast from the past, or 'we just started this up again' sort of way) as a source for jobber villains with more street-level power sets.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    An origin that just screams out for some more development. Surely Luke wasn't the first, last or only subject, and, given where it was taking place, few if any of the other test subjects would have been falsely imprisoned (so much more likely to be villains than heroes). Given that the process augmented Luke's skin, it would be neat to have other attempts infuse other bodily systems/parts, such as a guy with a super-charged nervous system, giving him an electric zap-touch *and* ridiculously superhuman reflexes / reaction speeds. The experiment was a precursor to the Power Broker, and could have served (or even still serve, in a blast from the past, or 'we just started this up again' sort of way) as a source for jobber villains with more street-level power sets.
    I believe when Wolverine’s Weapon X program history was retcon into the Weapon “Ten” Program, it said Luke Cage and Warhawk’s experiments was one of the different numbered programs.