Mighty Member

Default Batman 92/92 *spoilers*

Spoiler alert before you read if you have not yet read the comics.

At the end of issue 92, the Designer states to Batman "Hello Bruce, Please come in, we should talk a little before I kill you."

We then find out that the Designer is just a corpse of a villain being controlled by the Joker's strange gas, so the question is about the gas and how it works?

Is the Joker now aware of Batman's secret identity form the comment above? We know he has drained Bruce Wayne's account, but that was in the Designer's original plan, and finally why does the joker want the Penguin knocked off?
    '

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

if Tynion is still following Snyder's continuity then Joker already knew Batman is Bruce since before he had Dick. He just didn't care up until Endgame when he's had enough. After that, he's suffered amnesia, regained his memory, got locked in the Batcave, fought Batman Who Laughs with Batman and escaped confinement, then it becomes ambiguous again throughout Rebirth until now, where he starts caring again.

My question is why he starts caring about identities again now after ignoring it for so long

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    if Tynion is still following Snyder's continuity then Joker already knew Batman is Bruce since before he had Dick. He just didn't care up until Endgame when he's had enough. After that, he's suffered amnesia, regained his memory, got locked in the Batcave, fought Batman Who Laughs with Batman and escaped confinement, then it becomes ambiguous again throughout Rebirth until now, where he starts caring again.

My question is why he starts caring about identities again now after ignoring it for so long
    Best guess is the worst case scenario. He's gotten bored of Batman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Thank you I wasn't aware of that.

You would think he would notify all the Batman rogues, and super villains or at least go after his friends or show up at Wayne manor, but he has always been an off kilter character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Spoiler alert before you read if you have not yet read the comics.

At the end of issue 92, the Designer states to Batman "Hello Bruce, Please come in, we should talk a little before I kill you."

We then find out that the Designer is just a corpse of a villain being controlled by the Joker's strange gas, so the question is about the gas and how it works?

Is the Joker now aware of Batman's secret identity form the comment above? We know he has drained Bruce Wayne's account, but that was in the Designer's original plan, and finally why does the joker want the Penguin knocked off?
    '
    The real question is how Joker gas managed to reanimate and manipulate a dead guy's corpse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Thank you I wasn't aware of that.

You would think he would notify all the Batman rogues, and super villains or at least go after his friends or show up at Wayne manor, but he has always been an off kilter character.
    The Joker probably wants to kill Batman himself, so he has no intention of sharing that info with anyone else.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The real question is how Joker gas managed to reanimate and manipulate a dead guy's corpse.
    Yes, I hope that is revealed.

The Joker probably wants to kill Batman himself, so he has no intention of sharing that info with anyone else.
    Sounds about right. I guess sneaking into Bruce's mansion while he is sleeping would be too easy for him, he probably wants to kill him with one of the schemes he's hatched.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

One of those new mutations like the gas he used in Endgame. Maybe he uses Dyonesium as one of the elements for the gas this time instead of in his own body.

At the end of Tynion's newsletter, he said arc after Joker's War involved a villain named Ghost Maker. I'm going to guess that Ghost Maker is the one behind the gas and that Joker is using it; that they are working together.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    At the end of Tynion's newsletter, he said arc after Joker's War involved a villain named Ghost Maker. I'm going to guess that Ghost Maker is the one behind the gas and that Joker is using it; that they are working together.
    Ghost Maker, huh? I'm guessing this is a new villain or someone really obscure who got retooled.Unless it's another Joker using an alias, there's apparently three of them now.

Anyone else excited for the status quo post Joker War.

These new characters like Ghostmaker, Clownhunter and Punchline sound interesting. And it looks like the Batfamily might benefit with characters like Batwing having a role and Cass back in her batgirl suit. I think 2021 could be a good year for the Batbooks!

Considering the boatman the Designer sent in the flashback issue was also a corpse, I think it was the Designer's tech that the Joker stole.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    And it looks like the Batfamily might benefit with characters like Batwing having a role and Cass back in her batgirl suit. I think 2021 could be a good year for the Batbooks!
    I know in an interview, Scott Snyder said that Bat-Editorial was talking to him about how Duke will have a more prominent role in the Batfamily post Joker War/Death Metal. It feels like the status quo for the Batfamily will get shifted in new directions.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.