Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Apocalypse is so out of character. For someone who is all about survival of the fittest, he came off very weak and vulnerable. Granted that was his family, why is he so naive and trustful. He barely fought back after he was stabbed. Apocalypse never runs away from a good fight. And why is he going to war with a random bunch of strangers. Whatever happen to his mutant minions that did his bidding back in the day. He would have been better off bringing Gideon and Selene. Homeboy should have brought serious firepower. It’s one thing to be outsmarted but to portray the character with such naïveté is straight up disrespectful. There better be a plot twist. I just expected more from Mr. Survival of the Fittest.
    Mr. Survival of the Fittest is meeting his children for the first time in five thousand years of so.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I agree completely. He knew he was going into a wolf's den and he brought a few mutant volunteers. Uh what?
    No horseman or amped up mutants. No externals for whatever reason. Didn't he, his og horseman, wife and a bunch of other mutants fight a losing battle to the enemy with the Twilight sword?
    He did expect his kids to be at his side, not as enemies.

Besides that he is also way too soft. He just beat Aero to death a few issues ago and now even his kids are telling him he is pathetic. Hopefully it will get better from here.
    1. They are his kids, so they won't necessarily get impressed with tough act persona. 2. Those kids now spent thousands of years of war in an ancient, strange, hostile world. Compared to them, he IS soft.

Astonishing Member

I agree completely. He knew he was going into a wolf's den and he brought a few mutant volunteers. Uh what?
    No horseman or amped up mutants. No externals for whatever reason. Didn't he, his og horseman, wife and a bunch of other mutants fight a losing battle to the enemy with the Twilight sword?

Besides that he is also way too soft. He just beat Aero to death a few issues ago and now even his kids are telling him he is pathetic. Hopefully it will get better from here.
    Not gonna lie the wimped him out a little bit, but I kind of understand it, for the first time we see he has a literal family, and they've been apart thousands of years.I actually did expect his own children rejecting him because of being hardened beyond recognition in Amenth but taking Banshee and Unus was a lousy move, Rockslide was fine but a few more powerhouses there would have been better, Vulcan or Selene at the very least, having Selene betray them down the line would be a cool angle anyway.

Astonishing Member

Loved the Crooked Market, MJJaspers tease..has me hyped that some iconic villains are being name dropped for future stories perhaps

Interesting how Havok was allowed to go on this mission given how he is on probation and locked down with the Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Not gonna lie the wimped him out a little bit, but I kind of understand it, for the first time we see he has a literal family, and they've been apart thousands of years.I actually did expect his own children rejecting him because of being hardened beyond recognition in Amenth but taking Banshee and Unus was a lousy move, Rockslide was fine but a few more powerhouses there would have been better, Vulcan or Selene at the very least, having Selene betray them down the line would be a cool angle anyway.
    It's not like Apocalypse had a lot to choose from, it was a team of volunteers. Everyone present had more or less personal reasons for being there, the powersets were secondary.

If Apocalypse says "Hey, who wants to come with me to a demon plane to visit my family?" not many people are going to say "yeah, it sounds like a good plan."

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I bet the first X-Factor issue will already set the problem with the resurrection protocols so that the sword tournament feels more dangerous.
    Yes, I think the diseased arrow the Horsemen shot that squire with is foreshadowing. Rictor, Apoc, or Sean is going to die from their wounds, but their infected minds will corrupt the process when Xavier’s makes a back-up.

BANNED

Apocalypse HAS changed, his ideals have evolved as we saw with melody what he considers "the fittest" isnt the same anymore, he has more focus on community and what krakoa represents, he has evolved and understood the error of his ways.

Now his children return, and it's his own old ideology that makes them stab him in the gut, that's heartbreaking but also probably enlightning, his new way finally got him a way to meet his family once more, but his old philosophy drove them into what they are now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    That sounds right. I would guess the Starlight Sword is Betsy's, bestowed by Saturnyne.
    In fact from the 10 swords mentioned, Gorgon seems to be carrying both grasscutter and godkiller, so that would leave no sword to betsy to wield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Apocalypse HAS changed, his ideals have evolved as we saw with melody what he considers "the fittest" isnt the same anymore, he has more focus on community and what krakoa represents, he has evolved and understood the error of his ways.

Now his children return, and it's his own old ideology that makes them stab him in the gut, that's heartbreaking but also probably enlightning, his new way finally got him a way to meet his family once more, but his old philosophy drove them into what they are now.
    Yeah, from the perspective of the Arakko mutants, Apocalypse has gone soft in these thousands of years.

And it is true. They have lived an eternal war of thousands of years against demons, Apocalypse has been in a paradise compared to them.

They have lived all those years using their hatred of Apocalypse as goal to move on, Apocalypse has done it with love for his family.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This is the first time we've seen Krakoa assert itself against the wishes of the Quiet Council, and it makes me wonder if Arrako has been as corrupted as the Horsemen or if it would also be willing to work against them to reunite with Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's not like Apocalypse had a lot to choose from, it was a team of volunteers. Everyone present had more or less personal reasons for being there, the powersets were secondary.

If Apocalypse says "Hey, who wants to come with me to a demon plane to visit my family?" not many people are going to say "yeah, it sounds like a good plan."
    Yeah in that regard you are absolutely right ,but at least Selene being as old as she is could be working a power angle for herself , knowing of realms few even heard of so she is a solid bet to volunteer for me, Vulcan could be sent by Scott and Jean coz they don't trust Apoc..but yeah I guess it was a scouting mission so it stands to reason Krakoa would keep heavy hitters in reserve, but the flip side is they have the protocols so front loading with powerful scouts is of no great consequence

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The data pages confirm that Tarot has been revived. I think people were wondering if they would or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yes, I think the diseased arrow the Horsemen shot that squire with is foreshadowing. Rictor, Apoc, or Sean is going to die from their wounds, but their infected minds will corrupt the process when Xavier’s makes a back-up.
    They had like five back ups all over the place.

Incredible Member

i loved how the champion vs champion battle that will lead us to the saga is being described as Otherworld rules. It is a nice nod to the opening Excalibur story arch when [A] challenges morgan lee fay for Avalon trough a battle of betsy vs dark brian

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    They had like five back ups all over the place.
    The disease perhaps affects Krakoa and therefore the eggs. The pterodactyl mutant who is hit with an arrow kills all of Saturnyne's servants who touch him. If Rictor touches Krakoa...