Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I am not making up anything. The only thing I would have to ask now is how old were you in 2004? Spiderman 2 was huge. even bigger in geek kingdom. we all sang that song in 2004.

Also marvel fans considers Blade, Xmen 1, Xmen 2, Spiderman 2 and Spiderman 2002 as marvel films because they are. they are not just marvel films that take place in the MCU.

I am sorry but this is getting really creepy how some people don't think marvel movies not in the crossover MCU are actually marvel films and think we are making it up that they are.
    He said you made up that people were going around singing some corny song. He didnt say those werent Marvel movies and I dont see many people here talking bad about any of those movies you just listed.

Anyway if you think Xmen 2 somehow addressed the issues Black Panther did I dont think you watched the movie very closely.

I am not making up anything. The only thing I would have to ask now is how old were you in 2004? Spiderman 2 was huge. even bigger in geek kingdom. we all sang that song in 2004.

Also marvel fans considers Blade, Xmen 1, Xmen 2, Spiderman 2 and Spiderman 2002 as marvel films because they are. they are not just marvel films that take place in the MCU.

I am sorry but this is getting really creepy how some people don't think marvel movies not in the crossover MCU are actually marvel films and think we are making it up that they are.
    In 2004 I was 22 and I was on this board. What you’re describing never happened. You have no credibility right now.

BANNED

I’m not a moderator, but people please, this thread is getting too angry and insulting. Try to be more civil in your disagreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyway if you think Xmen 2 somehow addressed the issues Black Panther did I dont think you watched the movie very closely.
    I did watch the movies, X-Men 2 already covered the issues of hatred, social injustice, racism, a disfranchised, group, grey politics, genocide Hitler like manics, having the two main characters Xavier and Magneto although friends on opposite sides mirroring Malcom X/MLK. I know some of you mcu fans have told me to ignore the comics but you do know X2 was largely taken from God loves man kills, one of the most political and social conscious written comics in history, that still inspires comic writers today? Its one of the best comics that highlights the social allegories of X-Men.

X-Men 2 did it in a way disney never could because films like X2, Disney would find too loaded or too political in writing that the political overweighs the basic comic book stuff. I was perhaps wrong to compare it to black panther. the main story of black panther was more about the two characters who wanted to be king of Wakanda. The main story in xmen is mutants and non mutants narrowing escaping a systematic holocaust because of one person insane racism, which is more cynical since his own son was a mutant although magneto was angry enough to reverse it on humans, Really complicated messed up stuff but challenging for a comic book drama. Usually in the mcu ,it will end with a bang of clashing big CGI battles. X2 was so ahead of its time compared to what Disney is doing right now.

He said you made up that people were going around singing some corny song. He didnt say those werent Marvel movies and I dont see many people here talking bad about any of those movies you just listed.
    Not the generation I remember of the 2000s. Also you are calling it corny but GOTG mix tape isn't? Rain drops are falling on my head was actually a major plot point in the story. it is not GOTG 2 mix tape that was about fun and showing how cool the characters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    In 2004 I was 22 and I was on this board. What you’re describing never happened. You have no credibility right now.
    It happened because I experienced it , that scene was almost equivalent to the famous upside down kiss in spiderman 2002.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-27-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Shared universe has been helpful to horror movies. The conjuring got a successful shared universe with Annabelle, The Nun and The Curse of La Llorona. Are they all lesser horror films for it?

Extraordinary Member

I did watch the movies, X-Men 2 already covered the issues of hatred, social injustice, racism, a disfranchised, group, grey politics, genocide Hitler like manics, having the two main characters Xavier and Magneto although friends on opposite sides mirroring Malcom X/MLK. I know some of you mcu fans have told me to ignore the comics but you do know X2 was largely taken from God loves man kills, one of the most political and social conscious written comics in history, that still inspires comic writers today? Its one of the best comics that highlights the social allegories of X-Men.

X-Men 2 did it in a way disney never could because films like X2, Disney would find too loaded or too political in writing that the political overweighs the basic comic book stuff. I was perhaps wrong to compare it to black panther. the main story of black panther was more about the two characters who wanted to be king of Wakanda. The main story in xmen is mutants and non mutants narrowing escaping a systematic holocaust because of one person insane racism, which is more cynical since his own son was a mutant although magneto was angry enough to reverse it on humans, Really complicated messed up stuff but challenging for a comic book drama. Usually in the mcu ,it will end with a bang of clashing big CGI battles. X2 was so ahead of its time compared to what Disney is doing right now.
    So you think X2 was too politically loaded for Disney after watching Black Panther???? See this is the problem with ppl who talk that merit stuff most of the time. They only see merit in being white.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 08-27-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So you think X2 was too politically loaded for Disney after watching Black Panther???? See this is the problem with ppl who talk that merit stuff most of the time. They only see merit in being white.
    Yup and I think he missed alot of what Black Panther was a trying to say. Just the Mirrior Image of Tchalla and Killmonger. Tchalla was given everything. He was black excellence. Both parents, a strong connection to his culture and heritage, just a strong idea of who he is and his identity. Killmonger represented alot of African Americans, grew up with no father, cut off from his culture and heritage, no identity what so ever. So hes angry and lashing out. That was just the message Coogler was getting across with those two in comparison to each other. Was far from the only themes Coogler played with.

Extraordinary Member

Yup and I think he missed alot of what Black Panther was a trying to say. Just the Mirrior Image of Tchalla and Killmonger. Tchalla was given everything. He was black excellence. Both parents, a strong connection to his culture and heritage, just a strong idea of who he is and his identity. Killmonger represented alot of African Americans, grew up with no father, cut off from his culture and heritage, no identity what so ever. So hes angry and lashing out. That was just the message Coogler was getting across with those two in comparison to each other. Was far from the only themes Coogler played with.
    Spot on there were many layers to that movie. The characters were complex and the choreography and Art direction were top tier. His dismissive attitude is part of the reason why that movie was so important and resonated with so many people.

Spot on there were many layers to that movie. The characters were complex and the choreography and Art direction were top tier. His dismissive attitude is part of the reason why that movie was so important and resonated with so many people.
    But hey it had one bad CGI fight scene because they got rushed for time. So the movie must be awfull right? Lol

Extraordinary Member

But hey it had one bad CGI fight scene because they got rushed for time. So the movie must be awfull right? Lol
    Yeah the bias is clear. Because ppl criticize that scene in BP and then gush over Venom a movie that looked like a video game. But hey it's about merit right? smdh...

Yeah the bias is clear. Because ppl criticize that scene in BP and then gush over Venom a movie that looked like a video game. But hey it's about merit right? smdh...
    Love the Deadpool films but seriously you can't complain about BP and it's CGI without at least admitting Juggernaut was cool but bad CGI.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Love the Deadpool films but seriously you can't complain about BP and it's CGI without at least admitting Juggernaut was cool but bad CGI.
    That's the thing they cherry pick one thing and then totally overlook the same thing in another movie. I thought Juggernaut was a hoot but yeah it was bad cgi. You don't hear the same set of ppl complaining about it tho.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 08-27-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That's the thing they cherry pick one thing and then totally overlook the same thing in another movie. I thought Juggernaut was a hoot but yeah it was bad cgi. You don't hear the same set of ppl complaining about it tho.
    I am sure they'll just say because it's a comedy it's allowed to have bad cgi.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I am sure they'll just say because it's a comedy it's allowed to have bad cgi.
    Yeah it's always funny when the "merit" ppl start making excuses. Talk about comedy lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Shared universe has been helpful to horror movies. The conjuring got a successful shared universe with Annabelle, The Nun and The Curse of La Llorona. Are they all lesser horror films for it?
    But each of these films have a feel of independence and individuality. We don’t get that with the MCU.