Page 376 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2763263663723733743753763773783793803864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 20948

The thing that worries me about the Joker movie success is that it could give WB the wrong idea that we only need bleak and violent DC movies like it...

Because Aquaman and Wonder Woman's success means nothing now.

I just hope they learn the write lesson that each character is different and needs a unique tone. Variety is good.

Astonishing Member

The biggest takeaway from Joker’s success is that variety is key, and you are allowed to branch out from the more family friendly PG-13 superhero fair into telling more hardcore, darker stories about the human condition. DC in the comics had a history of telling those type of alternate elseworlds stories that are a lot more edgy in content than the normal teen content. The Joker graphic novel written by Brian Azzarello and illustrated by Lee Barmjelo is a good example of that.

Much like how DC comics can release a traditional hopeful Superman comic within the same year they release a gritty elseworlds tale about the Question. DC-On-Film can release a family friendly Big-inspired Shazam movie in the same year they release a adult Taxi-Driver inspired Joker film. Variety is essential.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-16-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The thing that worries me about the Joker movie success is that it could give WB the wrong idea that we only need bleak and violent DC movies like it...

Because Aquaman and Wonder Woman's success means nothing now.

I just hope they learn the write lesson that each character is different and needs a unique tone. Variety is good.
    Eh, I think WB/DC has learned that what works for Batman and his world doesn't work for heroes like Wonder Woman and Aquaman. It seems it was Superman that taught them that lesson. When Superman and Batman are in a movie together, only one of them should be brooding, and it shouldn't be Superman.

It will be interesting to see if more Elseworld movies get announced soon.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...es-1203373471/

Jonah Hill has walked away from playing a villain in The Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wonder how many different times THE BATMAN has been revised. I'd like to think it's going to be the detective-noir thriller that Matt Reeves seemed to promise (but did he actually promise or was I just assuming that); however, this has been in pre-production for so long there's probably notes on top of notes for what WB wants the movie to be.

If there weren't any name actors, I'd be happier, because that would mean they're just going to plug actors into roles that they can best excecute for the needs of the plot. Now it seems like a Batman trading cards movie, not much different from other Batman movies.

If Kravitz voiced Catwoman in THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE, does this mean Rosario Dawson will play Barbara Gordon in any live action movies?
    No. One has nothing to do with the other, otherwise Will Arnett would be Batman lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

"Why exactly Hill is passing is currently unknown"

Not too bothered about this to be honest.

Thank Grodd!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    More worried about all the 'tortured' villain origin movies that will be coming out since they cost way cheaper than superhero movies without any big battle scenes. Joker is making massive profit on such a small budget. It's the era of the villain movies.

Depends on if the success of Joker is something they can replicate. A lot of things went exactly right here: huge A-list character with a massive global fanbase and who (unlike some earlier DCEU movies) was tailor made for this sort of gritty tone, a powerhouse performance from one of our best living actors, right moment in history due to the whole ongoing cultural conversation around incels and mass shooters, doing something different than usual for comic book movies, and a controversy that brought in a bunch of extra attention.
    Last edited by Holt; 10-16-2019 at 08:46 PM.

The media tried to destroy the movie and only made it that much bigger. This will never not make me laugh.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The media tried to destroy the movie and only made it that much bigger. This will never not make me laugh.
    It is amusing, isn't it? The funniest thing about the whole campaign was it was doomed from the start.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

It's important to remember that the first people to talk about the Joker controversy were those who had actually seen the film in Venice and Toronto, not the opportunistic media that kept parroting it or people on Twitter or whatever. I don't think those people had any sort of goal or agenda except reviewing the film, but it later spiralled into that.

As for recreating Joker's success, use Doctor Psycho.

Retired

JOKER movie: “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”