Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    I'd place a bet that Bruce would drop Selina first from slugging her across the face, but mainly due to experience and his mental state at the moment lol
    And yes i know she didn't go down the last time he whacked her but i'm sure that pent up rejection rage could work in his favour.
    well I would bet otherwise as selina hasn't been affected by the estrangement as much and so is going to get a drop on him and whip him or break his face first if it comes down to it though he may be able to get in a surprise shot or two. kings Batman is so broken currently that anyone fighting competently can take him down and given Selina's showing with the flash it's doubtful he can even touch her lol. anyway he is more likely to whine like a fartboy about why she left him rather than getting violent as evident from the knightmares arc where he does not display even a modicum of anger at her actions even in his nightmares but tries to understand her actions.

Spectacular Member

If the second BleedingCool report is correct, this is self-sabotage on a whole new scale. If they're going to let King finish his story elsewhere, and the new writer at #86 is just a fill in until #100, why the hell would you go through all this drama and create such bad blood with one of your star creators just to get a year without him on the main title? I doubt the fill in will improve sales after their first couple issues, everyone will know they're not doing anything important and just plodding along until we get Bendis.

I see literally no upside to this from anyone's point of view, unless you're one of those that insists on reading every issue of Batman but can't stand King (which is still weird, there's plenty of other Bat books for you to read!).

Something doesn’t add up, they say softening sales, but then who do they have to increase sales under the same schedule. Cause I don’t think 15 issues of filler is gonna revitalize sales.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-23-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    If the second BleedingCool report is correct, this is self-sabotage on a whole new scale. If they're going to let King finish his story elsewhere, and the new writer at #86 is just a fill in until #100, why the hell would you go through all this drama and create such bad blood with one of your star creators just to get a year without him on the main title?
    You should ask Mark Waid what happened during his run of Captain America back in the 90s.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Something doesn’t add up, they say softening sales, but then who do they have to increase sales under the same schedule. Cause I don’t think 15 issues of filler is gonna revitalize sales.
    Yep, I thought it might be DC not wanting King's status quo changing stories. which makes sense but if they're gonna allow him to finish it in another series then this seems like bad blood in the office.

Incredible Member

Well, I didn’t really have a dog in this race, but if King WAS planning on bringing back the Dick and Damien team, I think removing him is a terrible mistake. That was the best Batman run since...Englehart and Rogers, IMO.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yeah, this has nothing to do with sales. That Harras guy has a personal problem with King, apparently.

And it's not even a year, it's like 7 months of filler before the new writer. This whole thing is completely ridiculous. Just let him finish his damn story!

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    . . . And it's not even a year, it's like 7 months of filler before the new writer. This whole thing is completely ridiculous. Just let him finish his damn story!
    I'd rather he didn't.

Maybe now I can buy Batman again after issue #85 with the hope of maybe enjoying it.

BANNED

the DC executives must have felt that a crisis had arisen when king felt that he should change Batman for the next generation precipipating a identity crisis and so right before the Doomsday clock could tick down to the zero hour they in their infinite wisdom decided tom should bid adieu to his hero and button up his run.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Well, I didn’t really have a dog in this race, but if King WAS planning on bringing back the Dick and Damien team, I think removing him is a terrible mistake. That was the best Batman run since...Englehart and Rogers, IMO.
    I'd settle for Damian remembering Dick exists.

nevermind.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 05-23-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    the DC executives must have felt that a crisis had arisen when king felt that he should change Batman for the next generation precipipating a identity crisis and so right before the Doomsday clock could tick down to the zero hour they in their infinite wisdom decided tom should bid adieu to his hero and button up his run.
    So, you would say he had a price to pay and that DC tried to save their heroes in crisis ?

People are acting like King is some form of DC legend like Wolfman, Morrison, Johns, and others of that ilk. King had one semi popular mini series then they gave him Batman and they ended up not liking it and sales justify pulling him off the book. He is nothing special and has done nothing at DC to make them have faith in this, between Batman and HiC they are unhappy he gets the boot. He is not some superstar writer he was someone on the up swing for sure, but he has not reached level of stardom his fans think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    well I would bet otherwise as selina hasn't been affected by the estrangement as much and so is going to get a drop on him and whip him or break his face first if it comes down to it though he may be able to get in a surprise shot or two. kings Batman is so broken currently that anyone fighting competently can take him down and given Selina's showing with the flash it's doubtful he can even touch her lol. anyway he is more likely to whine like a fartboy about why she left him rather than getting violent as evident from the knightmares arc where he does not display even a modicum of anger at her actions even in his nightmares but tries to understand her actions.
    Yeah just forget it lol

I find it interesting that DC approved a 103 issue run of a guy who has only done 12 issue minis except Grayson were he had co-writers. I would think before approving that they would have said hey do 25 issues lets see how it goes. It is a bit of poor management on DCs end for not making sure he can do this long term and make it work.