Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I enjoyed the issue. I'm a little confused by some of the comments. I don't think Havok was being a mean douche about Dazzler's show... it was just an acknowledgement that homegirl was booked for a lousy club gig that had about 8 audience members. On the Dazz/Banshee panel -- her hand is so close to his knee so I'm not sure how its flirting & as far as cutting off her face: I took it as they wanted the focus on ZombieBanshee's bewilderment on friendly/reassuring touch due to his "lack of humanity". I don't think her head is cut out of the shot to make us imagine Dazzler is suggestively grinning while planning to run her hand from his knee up his thigh... lmao.

BANNED

I agree, Tetragene, you're absolutely right on everything. And it actually wasn't Land who drew the Dazz/Banshee page, it was the other guy, Neil Edwards.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I'm glad Dazzler's finally in a good costume again and has the long blonde hair (even if it's just a wig).

I really wish they would stop letting Land work on the X-books though...
    I do like it I must say
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

BANNED

I agree with this review.

Rosenberg is just so good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Favourite panels...
    Attachment 70393
    what I do like about lands art is that his COLOSSUS related pics are always big
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    This was one of mine, too. The placement & poses of each, was spot on.
    I hope this team is still around come uncanny time
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-07-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The way the panel is structured, cutting off Alison's head and thus only focusing on her body and how she's touching his leg, and his confused reaction to the gesture really makes it look more like flirting than just "friendly physical contact"
    I thought that was kind of weird. She touched Banshee 2 seconds after calling Colossus 'sweetheart' and I'm wondering if putting her hand on Banshee's leg was about seeing if she could get a reaction from Colossus? Touching someone's leg like that is definitely not something you do with a friend. They have this dynamic where Dazzler is the only girl of the team and they are going to make her act playful/flirtatious. Which is fine if it doesn't go too far or impacts the team dynamics.

I loved this issue. Loved the radio shack, Colossus' trashy room, and the end. Putting this team together was the right thing to do for the book

Ultimate Member

The whole thing could also just as easily have been about how messed up Banshee is more than anything else...

Fantastic Member

I loved this issue. Rosenberg's so good for this franchise. I love Peter's sad depression coping mechanisms. I love how horrible and sad Ali's career's going. Land was... the good artist in this issue? There was one panel where she looked kinda raw...I don't mean to be mean, but there are times when the art is jarring and it distracts from the writing.That being said, it's weird to say, but I do somehow think his style is suited to Ali's whole narcissistic, attention junkie, fame hungry desperation part of her character. Land's given us one of the best Dazzler panels ever (in the Sisterhood Arc) Don't get me wrong, she's my favorite X-Man, but I love her character for her flaws. And her persistence. Speaking of best Dazzler panels ever, I'd love to see Syvestri draw her again in today's X-Men.

More Banshee pls.

Ultimate Member

Well for Sean he'll get back to his old self so you're going to get your wish Tuna...at least everything looks like you will...

Shouldn’t first priority be to help Banshee unzombie!?!?

Stop stuffing your face and do something, Beast.

The Banshee stuff feels like a rehash of Archangel. I wonder how they will resolve this

Ultimate Member

Well Beast has been trying to help Banshee for months and months before the series starts remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Banshee stuff feels like a rehash of Archangel. I wonder how they will resolve this
    Of thr whole 'Drone' thing from Bunncanny? Yeah. Seems like the cool thing to do in current X-times is to ignore whatever Bunn does, then rehash it in more boring ways.

Banshee and Archangel should hang out sometime. Maybe Warren can try to cheer Sean up or at least help him deal with the whole Death thing. Warren should really start a support group. :P
    Horsemen Anonymous.

@HeroineAddict thanks for the review. It's nice when you got a place that reviews several elements of what crafts a comic book. When is the last time someone reviewed lettering?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Then again none of the other X-people that have been horsemen have been changed by it to the point that Warren has...