View Poll Results: We the jury find the Defendant, Scott Summers, to be...

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of Murder in the First (or Second) Degree

13 9.77%
  • Guilty of Voluntary (or Involuntary) Manslaughter

13 9.77%
  • Not Guilty by way of Self-Defense

25 18.80%
  • Not Guilty by reason of Insanity

62 46.62%
  • Not Guilty (Other)

20 15.04%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Umm, where? Cyclops went nuts killing Professor Xavier. So, no he couldn’t.
    I talked about Hope. The only reason Scott got the Phoenix was because Tony Stark was an idiot that should have gone to jail for life himself.

I remember him haunting her down wanting to take her for “justice” even Magneto called him out on it.
    So y’all are mad at Xavier for what reason? He considered putting her down? Y’all ain’t satisfied.
    He tried to “treat” her mentally? Y’all ain’t satisfied.
    What’s the solution then?
    Xavier failed to treat her and considering killing her is what caused House of M in the first place.

Hypothetical. What’s a fact tho; is Cyclops not cooperating and **** happened.
    Imagine if the American government arrived in full power in another country, say, France, and demanded that the President gave away his granddaughter by force or face an invasion. Who would you blame if the war inevitably occurred?

There is no reasonable argument against Cyclops and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    In that sense, I feel that events like AvX and IvX are completely successful, despite how horrible they are. Even now, people talk about them. No press is bad press.
    Yes, but they're successes for the exact opposite reasons Marvel wanted: they never expected nearly everyone to side with the X-men.

Umm, where? Cyclops went nuts killing Professor Xavier. So, no he couldn’t.
    Cyclops wasn't the intended host. He wasn't physically or mentally trained for it.

Hypothetical. What’s a fact tho; is Cyclops not cooperating and **** happened.
    The Avengers had no intention of seeking cooperation, they deserve as much (if not more) blame for this in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The PF was not going to be stopped. We already saw every attempt of the Avengers fail - and their last attempt led to the P5. In addition, the X-Men have more experience with the PF, and the Avengers should have been willing to defer to them; that doesn't necessarily mean that Scott would've led, but his opinion and the opinions of his teammates would've been given more consideration that the Avengers originally offered. You know, none.

Wanda's involvement makes a little more sense than the crash-course YMCA training Hope received from Iron Fist, but this hurts the X-Men's narrative in service of an Avenger and the Avengers themselves.
    Cyclops rejecting the Avengers help is the problem. He escalated things. We get it, Cyclops is an “expert” about the Phoenix. Why didn’t he want to team up with the Avengers and all of em deal with the Phoenix. He was acting out of hate, May I add delusional hate.

Name one leader who never went through a team dissolution. Now name one that never went through one during an extinction level crisis. Now name one who never went through that while dealing with Wolverine.

Once there was light at the end of the tunnel, Scott disbanded his hit-squad. Wolverine kept it going despite orders - you know, the guy who was on the other side of the split?
    The wolverine part cracked me up.

I never said, other teams never went through dissolution or breaking up. But this Scott Summers trial, if this were to be Captain America’s trial .. I will list down the time he couldn’t keep his team together too.

Cyclops rejecting the Avengers help is the problem. He escalated things. We get it, Cyclops is an “expert” about the Phoenix. Why didn’t he want to team up with the Avengers and all of em deal with the Phoenix. He was acting out of hate, May I add delusional hate.

I never said, other teams never went through dissolution or breaking up. But this Scott Summers trial, if this were to be Captain America’s trial .. I will list down the time he couldn’t keep his team together too.
    Because every single time a government sanctioned entity showed up on his doorstep, students were placed in danger or died. Why should this time have been different, especially since the Avengers were going on badly misleading information and outright lies from Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I talked about Hope. The only reason Scott got the Phoenix was because Tony Stark was an idiot that should have gone to jail for life himself.
    OBJECTION, Your Honour.

Don’t go after my guy like that. I’m a softie :’(

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Xavier failed to treat her and considering killing her is what caused House of M in the first place.

Imagine if the American government arrived in full power in another country, say, France, and demanded that the President gave away his granddaughter by force or face an invasion. Who would you blame if the war inevitably occurred?

There is no reasonable argument against Cyclops and you know it.

Yes, but they're successes for the exact opposite reasons Marvel wanted: they never expected nearly everyone to side with the X-men.
    For that alone? Because a case could also be made for him being locked up for life on account of his actions in Civil War, or even Armor Wars. Maybe not The Crossing, since he was under mind control, but he still killed fellow Avengers or allies of the Avengers and somehow that got completely bypassed or overlooked.

Of course, this is Scott Summers's trial, not Tony Stark's, so if there were to be a defense offered, how about severe emotional and psychological duress, compounded by being possessed by even a fragment of the Phoenix Force? Given all the crap he'd been through in the past decade (real-time and comic-time) with no psychotherapy or a functional support structure, it'd only be a matter of time before something snapped.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Avengers acted first; they arrived in full force on Utopia's doorstep and when they didn't get the answer they wanted they attacked. The Avengers may have had good intentions, but they escalated things. The Avengers weren't interested in cooperation, they had a game-plan and the Utopian X-Men's input was not required, only their compliance.

No reason we can't try to keep things light.

Sure, but the dissolution of his team is not among the charges, is it?

BANNED

Cyclops wasn't the intended host. He wasn't physically or mentally trained for it.
    And, all the other host before and or after Jean were?

The Avengers acted first; they arrived in full force on Utopia's doorstep and when they didn't get the answer they wanted they attacked. The Avengers may have had good intentions, but they escalated things. The Avengers weren't interested in cooperation, they had a game-plan and the Utopian X-Men's input was not required, only their compliance.
    Totally incorrect. The avengers wanted to cooperate but Logan has warned them. Cap just had plan B .. incase Logan was right and cyclops wouldn’t cooperate. Which he didn’t. So, Cap coming with his full force was the right move since Cyclops was not listening.

No reason we can't try to keep things light.
    Agreed. I got nothing but love for all y’all

Sure, but the dissolution of his team is not among the charges, is it?
    Not the dissolution itself but the reason the team broke up was avoidable. Cyclops ego though, and manipulating the child to use her power. That’s twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    And, all the other host before and or after Jean were?
    Not necessarily. However, Hope was definitely the intended host, the narrative was clear about that. And Hope had preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    For that alone? Because a case could also be made for him being locked up for life on account of his actions in Civil War, or even Armor Wars. Maybe not The Crossing, since he was under mind control, but he still killed fellow Avengers or allies of the Avengers and somehow that got completely bypassed or overlooked.

Of course, this is Scott Summers's trial, not Tony Stark's, so if there were to be a defense offered, how about severe emotional and psychological duress, compounded by being possessed by even a fragment of the Phoenix Force? Given all the crap he'd been through in the past decade (real-time and comic-time) with no psychotherapy or a functional support structure, it'd only be a matter of time before something snapped.
    Unlike Cyclops, Tony has done his time and paid for his “crimes”.

Leave Tony Alone!!
    0B01C85B-74A7-42B5-8E49-BD37880A4590.jpg

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Totally incorrect. The avengers wanted to cooperate but Logan has warned them. Cap just had plan B .. incase Logan was right and cyclops wouldn’t cooperate. Which he didn’t. So, Cap coming with his full force was the right move since Cyclops was not listening.
    Again, my example: the American government arrives with their entire army in France demanding the president to hand over his granddaughter (who isn't accused of any crime) or they'll invade the country. Who would get blamed for the war?

Again, my example: the American government arrives with their entire army in France demanding the president to hand over his granddaughter (who isn't accused of any crime) or they'll invade the country. Who would get blamed for the war?
    Poor comparison.

American government kindly asks Frances president to cooperate against an alien that’s coming for the French grandchild. The American government was previously warned by the Queen of England ( who was tight with the French president). The queen of England has told the American government that the French president is acting weird.

American government is smart, they hid their army and said act if the president throw fits and that’s what the president did.
    Cyclops used violence first.

Well, they shouldn't have gone to Logan, who had a clear bias against Scott, on how to get Scott to cooperate.

The Avengers did not care about cooperation - they had a massive team lying in wait, ready to attack. The Avengers thought that they knew what was best for all, and they were going to force their good intentions on the Utopian X-Men - their opinions be damned. As the first to make a move, it was on Cap and the Avengers to present themselves as willing to have open dialogue, because that's cooperation.

If anyone wasn't listening, it was the Avengers.

Agreed. I got nothing but love for all y’all
    Yeah, I like plenty of the Avengers, and in general. Just not in this context unfortunately.

Not the dissolution itself but the reason the team broke up was avoidable. Cyclops ego though, and manipulating the child to use her power. That’s twisted.
    It was avoidable - all Wolverine (Marvel) had to do was not act of character.

Mutants' lives are adversely effected by virtue of what they are - Hope's life was even more adversely effected by her nature as a Phoenix Host. She was always going to be antagonized or attacked simply for her existence, and Scott and his team weren't manipulating her - they were helping her fulfill her destiny and preparing her for a world that would kill her at the first opportunity. They saved her and despite the hardships, they were concerned for her well-being. Scott's connection with her might not have been the strongest, but Cable loved her as his daughter, and Scott loves his son. Scott wouldn't do anything to harm Hope.

lol at how much xavier greasiness makes a lot more sense when you remember his middle name is francis
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate