Page 39 of 187 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    In the comics, I always thought Dr. Midnight was relatively useless in costume--he was basically just the team doctor.
    He used blackout bombs -- which may have later revealed to be supplied by The Shade. They were useful in a fight, but probably wouldn't help against the ISA as they would be prepared with nigh vision specs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Jr will lean on being a hero initially but once he learns that Courtney put his dad in a coma he will go full villain.
    I think he will be torn --- and may side with the villains temporarily. But Geoff John rescued the character after he took a villainous turn ... so I suspect that ultimately he will be on the side of the angels, but it will probably be an ongoing plot -- will he or won't he?

CharleyParker

I noticed in the last epsisode that Courtney's civilian clothes resembled Green Lantern's outfit. I wonder if any of her previous or future outfits resemble any of the other JSA members.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    He used blackout bombs -- which may have later revealed to be supplied by The Shade. They were useful in a fight, but probably wouldn't help against the ISA as they would be prepared with nigh vision specs.
    I think he also has a penlight laser in the Robinson/Johns JSA run when he was introduced. But mainly he was just a decent hand-to-hand combatant who could take advantage of the other person being blind when he was not due to the bombs. I'm not sure if low-light goggles were a help though, the only form of vision that seemed to work in the area was Midnight's.

But he was mostly there as the team doctor, with Mr. Terrific pulling double duty as his OR nurse (and all the other stuff he did - maybe octuple duty?)
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CharleyParker View Post
    I noticed in the last epsisode that Courtney's civilian clothes resembled Green Lantern's outfit. I wonder if any of her previous or future outfits resemble any of the other JSA members.
    I don't know about any Green Lantern outfit, but I know one of her outfits was taken right out of Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.
    Stargirl_half-dayshirt2.jpg
    stargirl-half-day-shirt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I don't know about any Green Lantern outfit, but I know one of her outfits was taken right out of Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.
    I think Cindy also wore an outfit exactly like one she sported in the comics (it was school uniform-esque with a skirt and jacket, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Apparentlyit's an ongoing t-shirt easteregg trend...

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    While I am happy that the CW has the rights to broadcast Stargirl, I really hope and do not want Stargirl to crossover with any of their other shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    For me, the one show I'd want to see crossover with "Stargirl" is "The Flash" - there's the Jay Garrick connection and their tones are similar enough. Maybe she can cross over with "Doom Patrol" when she's over 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, the only DC show I see them considering a crossover for is The Flash.

What I wouldn't give for Flash to have this show's budget...
    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I agree. I love the current direction of Stargirl and the building of a younger JSA. No need to screw that up worrying about crossovers with other shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I only see it potentially crossing over with Black Lightning since they’re both filmed in Atlanta. Plus Jennifer and Courtney became friends in the comics and Jennifer was also a junior Justice Society member.
    Yeah I don't particularly need to see the show cross over any time soon. It's still got way to much to build off, all on its own for a long time.
    And that's what they need to focus on, not a crossover.

Although as far as tone and world building off Johns, (despite being a movie) this is the one that to me would actually make the most sense.

Last edited by Güicho; 06-19-2020 at 04:03 AM.

The goggles labeled one of the pictures as “Santa Claus <impersonator>”

Also it spots an owl in Country's room and gets excited !!

As well as other random details:

Dr. Mid-Nite:
    Born 1914
    Died: 2010
    JSA Member: 1941 - 2010

So he was 96!?
    When we see him during the opening battle of the first episode.
    What does that imply for the rest of the JSA too?

Apparently the fate of the Red Bee - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post1277238
    Group Affiliation:
    All-Star Squadron, Freedom Fighters.

Date of Death: 3/25/59

Last edited by Güicho; 06-19-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Ultimate Member

I kind of wanted Beth to say Courtney's height and weight as shown by the goggles and for Courtney to be a bit upset by it, not really angry just a bit put off by it...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Where was it revealed that Shade gave McNider his black out bombs?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

WOW, The Red Bee was mentioned. Now that is a deep cut.

RedBee.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    WOW, The Red Bee was mentioned. Now that is a deep cut.

RedBee.jpg
    After they mentioned Madame Fatal on Legends of Tomorrow, I’m not surprised by anything anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Apparentlyit's an ongoing t-shirt easteregg trend...

I'm surprised they're pulling that off. The comic is from '98 and youth fashion changes awfully fast. I guess t-shirts are neutral enough that they manage.