Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I honestly can't be too mad about this. I love Conner but I also love Jon. From a creating new properties standpoint, Super Sons is too good of an idea to pass up. And you kill two birds with one stone you give people who were unsatisfied with Nu52 Superman back old Superman and you get a new Superboy for your trouble and get rid of the horrible Nu52 one. And you can team him up with the youngest son of Batman, DC would have been dumb not to at least try that idea.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I believe Conner can fit with Jon. In the latest JL arc Hunter and Jon get along just fine. I would love to see a household of Supes. Jon can still have adventures with Damian and Conner with Tim. I believe theres always room for characters.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Maybe we'll get more of that when he comes back. And as a bonus maybe he'll be allowed to have an actual costume again.
    Chances are, yeah, that might be the case when he comes back. Jon has kind of perfected the whole Superboy casual costume look without it not looking like a costume. That said, I can imagine them sticking with the red and black S shirt in some way due to the fact that Johns has made it pretty synonymous with the character at this point. There's also a very good chance of his jacket coming back in some form.

Really hope they either give him the short hair that Johns had him start with in TT or give him a straight up fade. Either makes more sense for him given the visual climate of the Superman line currently, in my opinion.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    In the latest JL arc Hunter and Jon get along just fine..
    F#$k. Forgot about Hunter. He very likely won't be part of anything Super after Hitch's arc, but his existence does make the Johns cut slightly less likely. I say go for a modern update of the fade then.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-12-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Basic black is fine with me. While I prefer something that would call back to his original look, if they want to stick with a black theme that's fine. I was fine with the New 52 costume and that stuck with basic black as well. My only desire is for it to actually look like a costume and not like basic tees and jeans. Early New 52 Superman was charming only because it was supposed to be rudimentary and temporary before something more. Without that element, my hatred for the casual clothes idea remains intact. I always liked the jacket though because it was over an actual costume, and to me it was his version of a cape, so I'd like that to come back.

As for his hair, I'd say do something along the lines of what teens wear today. But I don't know for sure what teens wear today.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-12-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

As for his hair, I'd say do something along the lines of what teens wear today. But I don't know for sure what teens wear today.
    For white male teens more into fashion and all around swag, usually going for high and tight hair. Sides not quite bald, super duper styled top, lot of volume at the top, and an optional cut-in part on either side where the fade meets the top. To be honest lots of guys, regardless of race, are into the basic skeleton of this cut in one way or another. It's been pretty popular for about 5 or 7 years now.

If I had to pick for Conner, I'd say go for the high and tight, leave a lot of hair on top to work with, but too far, and maybe imply that he has some natural curls to him--nothing too crazy, but enough for you to visually get it. Should probably look very deliberately styled in contrast to Clark's who only styles just enough as Clark, but lets it do its thing as Superman, and Jon who probably couldn't give a damn about his hair right now. Regardless of what personal growth Conner has gone through, it shouldn't be lost that he has flash to him and he has narcissistic tendencies that--regardless of genetics--separate him from his older "brother."

Cameron Stewart does a pretty slick and subtle update. The gauge earrings are a super slick touch, and I hope DC takes them into consideration when reintroducing Conner. The aviators are an obvious must.

Last edited by Superlad93; 10-12-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I like it!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Eh, not really a fan of that look. Now and then. I prefer his later look/Young Justice (animated series) look.

2fc0e40a5cc505b85a7b0768aa3b9ff3.jpg

83_Superboy.jpg

YJ is okay. But its still making the best out an ultimately boring look to me. It may be iconic in its own right, but damn is it generic compared to how he started.

I remember when Superman lost the trunks some people would talk about it seeming like the creators were ashamed of superheroes looking like superheroes. What they did to Kon I've always felt was a far more apt example of such a thing potentially in practice.

YJ is okay. But its still making the best out an ultimately boring look to me. It may be iconic in its own right, but damn is it generic compared to how he started.
    Agreed, it’s only iconic because Johns put his vision of Kon everywhere. Bring superpunk back.

I'm curious which design they'll use in the upcoming Reign of The Supermen animated movie.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I don't generally agree with Max Landis, but he's absolutely right about Superboy's 90s costume--he looks like a gay stripper.

I think--like with the rest of the video-- Landis was partly exaggerating for the sake of entertainment and pointing out the absurdity of the story.

Landis is honestly on my short list for writers that I'd love to see reintroduce Conner into the DCU. He'd probably bring a pretty definitive voice to the character along with paying a surprising amount of homage to where the character came from. American Alien had a surprisingly high number of deep-cut shout outs in it.

For white male teens more into fashion and all around swag, usually going for high and tight hair. Sides not quite bald, super duper styled top, lot of volume at the top, and an optional cut-in part on either side where the fade meets the top. To be honest lots of guys, regardless of race, are into the basic skeleton of this cut in one way or another. It's been pretty popular for about 5 or 7 years now.

If I had to pick for Conner, I'd say go for the high and tight, leave a lot of hair on top to work with, but too far, and maybe imply that he has some natural curls to him--nothing too crazy, but enough for you to visually get it. Should probably look very deliberately styled in contrast to Clark's who only styles just enough as Clark, but lets it do its thing as Superman, and Jon who probably couldn't give a damn about his hair right now. Regardless of what personal growth Conner has gone through, it shouldn't be lost that he has flash to him and he has narcissistic tendencies that--regardless of genetics--separate him from his older "brother."

Cameron Stewart does a pretty slick and subtle update. The gauge earrings are a super slick touch, and I hope DC takes them into consideration when reintroducing Conner. The aviators are an obvious must.

That's a great look!

Honestly, I like both that AND the tee/jeans look.

Both make sense for Conner. On the one hand, he's flash and would have an eye on style. On the other, he wants to be taken seriously - so the beefier physique and more "down-to-earth" costume speak to him looking for/finding his own sense of maturity. So maybe take the tee/jeans look and add the leather jacket. Let the top grow just a bit, but not much. Enough for the just start of a curl.

That might be the best of both worlds.. hard to say, I like 'em all.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I hope see the Young Justice costume... I see this and... I donīt like, he seems another character..

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't generally agree with Max Landis, but he's absolutely right about Superboy's 90s costume--he looks like a gay stripper.
    Maybe is the reason because I donīt like this... Is very different than YJ Kon-el..

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I hope see the Young Justice costume... I see this and... I donīt like, he seems another character..

Maybe is the reason because I donīt like this... Is very different than YJ Kon-el..
    I think this is why so many fans have a problem with Johns’s revamp of the character. The 90s version was a loveable goofball, but as soon as the Luthor reveal came, it fundamentally changed him into a more serious character, which the Young Justice cartoon ramped up even further.

Personally, I think a happy medium can be found between the two versions, but with Jon Kent filling the lovable goofball role, it seems very unlikely they would revert Kon-El back to his happy go lucky persona completely.