Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can actually do a whole Savage Six with Killmogner and his crew if you wanted. Baron Macarbe, Venmm, Madam Slay, both Malice's and Erik himself hits the magic number.

Course they would all need a massive upgrade since T'Challa on paper should be able to beat the cap out of all of them if he's written at 100%.

Killmomger alone has beaten T'Challa but that never entirely made sense to be. In Rise for example T'Challa loses to him in their first fight even though Eric is a normal guy and T'Challa is enhanced with the suit.

That makes no sense at all. Eric /as normal/, should never beat T'Challa. I really like the idea of creating some new villains too though.

I havent caught up to rise yet but killmonger has been stated to be enhanced outside of rise
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Facing the same villains 20 plus times comes from longevity. If you've published hundreds of issues spanning decades, you'll start seeing the same people again and again. Since TChalla is now a billion dollar movie franchise, overtime that will start to happen. But he's decades behind guys like Batman, so that might not be our problem. But overtime it's inevitable his gallery will grow and he'll start getting repeats.
    Tchalla has enough rogues and can get more so that reoccurring Villains can be more spread out
    Basically I would say a villain once used, should go on a 5-6 year "cool down" in which they don't get used to it the Mythos until at least that time frame to keep them from showing up too often. I think 3-4 showings in a 20 year period is decent

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post

That makes no sense at all. Eric /as normal/, should never beat T'Challa. I really like the idea of creating some new villains too though.
    Yeah, it didn't entirely make sense. That said, Killmonger basically had to win since bot losing to T'Challa sort if became his gimmick under Priest and Hudlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Tchalla has enough rogues and can get more so that reoccurring Villains can be more spread out
    Basically I would say a villain once used, should go on a 5-6 year "cool down" in which they don't get used to it the Mythos until at least that time frame to keep them from showing up too often. I think 3-4 showings in a 20 year period is decent
    Yes, essentially what is done with Doom, Red Skull and Apocalypse. I'm thinking that also that a few high tech terrorist done creatively would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I havent caught up to rise yet but killmonger has been stated to be enhanced outside of rise
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I THINK he was enhanced by the resurrection alter. So his earliest fights he was normal, but his later ones he at least had enhanced strength.

Course, the vibranium suit still makes the fights somewh at unfair. But it's not like McGregor would know decades later someone would retcons the suit to be vibranium weave in the fights he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes, essentially what is done with Doom, Red Skull and Apocalypse. I'm thinking that also that a few high tech terrorist done creatively would be fine.
    Stane falls under the high tech terrorist category pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    just read this story for the first time today; i loved how t'challa snapped that wolf's neck. that showed true power and his grit to do what had to be done. the whole 2nd hudlin tpb was fantastic! i also loved the zombies, i was laughing out loud and my wife thought i was crazy. i had never collected any of the 'zombie verse' books, but my daughter had, so i read them all today as well. so flipping funny!
    on the subject of weak villains, do you think bp's villains are middle of the road because stan and jack only saw him as that when they created him? sure they took a huge leap to make such a wonderful character, black, smart, and a king!! but were they reluctant to go one step further and make him an "a list hero"? was it priest that finally made this happen?
    Priest showed that the character had A list potential. But the Hudlin run got him the exposure he needed. Partly because those were the years of company wide crossover after crossover. And that run took advantage as much as it could.

Yeah, Wakanda itself is pretty much the problem. You need a villain capable to challenging or at least getting around a nation.

A lot of time it's just easier to bypass that problem and have the character spend half his time in the States with his hero buddies.

Ideally you want the hero to feel like the underdog to some degree. That rarely if ever is the case in Wakanda unless T'Challa is intentionally leaving himself more vulnerable.
    Wakanda has business dealings around the globe so the threat doesn't have to be against it directly.

Check out what David Liss did in Most Dangerous Man Alive. Kingpin didn't attack Wakanda outright but rather Wakandan interests.

Gotta have a creative writer who goes beyond the "U'm gonna attack Wukanda and git they're Vubranium and rool the world!"

T'Challa has to face a chessmaster who uses multiple pawns(Sinister Six) to carry out his objects while indirectly attacking BP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Wakanda has business dealings around the globe so the threat doesn't have to be against it directly.

Check out what David Liss did in Most Dangerous Man Alive. Kingpin didn't attack Wakanda outright but rather Wakandan interests.

Gotta have a creative writer who goes beyond the "U'm gonna attack Wukanda and git they're Vubranium and rool the world!"

T'Challa has to face a chessmaster who uses multiple pawns(Sinister Six) to carry out his objects while indirectly attacking BP.
    David Liss was the last writer to write T'Challa's as an unambiguous hero complete with genius level intellect, martial skills and poker face fully on deck.

Coates is more intent in writing T'Challa's as a bumbling idiot savant.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 06-13-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Going through my old BP comics /which include his appearances/ and I notices that in FF #54 he appears white under the mask. I guess colorists of the day (in the 60's) were not used to drawing a darker completion.

I do love his appearance though in Cap #171, where he gives Sam his wings!
    Last edited by Mantis Dad; 06-12-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's actually easier to pull off in modern times because story arcs are now often 6 or 12 issues to fill trades. So that's really only 1-2 sets of villains a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    David Liss was the last writer to write T'Challa's as an unambiguous hero complete with genius level intellect, martial skills and poker face fully on deck.
    He was on point, wrote him like he should be.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I THINK he was enhanced by the resurrection alter. So his earliest fights he was normal, but his later ones he at least had enhanced strength.

Course, the vibranium suit still makes the fights somewh at unfair. But it's not like McGregor would know decades later someone would retcons the suit to be vibranium weave in the fights he wrote.
    Rise explained how Erik was able to "Win" the first round, round 2 was one sided

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He was on point, wrote him like he should be.
    I perceive no falsehoods in this post.