Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I call BS on shades going to jail no way thayd be able to use that to put him away if the deal was null and void because she died then so would confession the whole case would be tossed out.
    Shades confessed to crimes that had no relation to Mariah. That's what they are nailing him for.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Shades confessed to crimes that had no relation to Mariah. That's what they are nailing him for.
    The confession was during the deal tho allso he's lawyer walking out on him/failing to explain much needed information about the deal ETC a guy I know who works at the DA office says it wouldn't hold up in the real world.

One scene in the series that has bothered me, and I can't stop thinking about is when Luke and Claire have that argument, and she ends up leaving. Claire just came off as ridiculous to me at that moment. She kept pestering him about his father over, and over again. Luke had finally had enough, and punched a wall basically telling her to shut up about something he had already clearly explained that he didn't feel comfortable talking about or dealing with. Something personal to him. But oh, when the big black man punches a wall, she gets scared and feels victimized. Because he punched a wall. She claims that kind of behavior was apart of her childhood growing up, and she never wanted to deal with that kind of behavior again. What? Punching a wall!? People can't get angry when you pester them and throw something? Her expectations for a partner are completely ridiculous. Luke wasn't going to smack her, and it wasn't even going to get anywhere near that.

Luke should just kick her butt to her curb and holla at Tilda or something.

Well, speaking as someone who grew up in a house where, almost every day there were heated arguments/fights between my mom and dad, I developed a scare of any type of conflict. If I were in a relationship with someone who up until that point had been gentle with me, and then during a heated conversation would raise their voice and demolish something, I would also be freaked, even if I rationally knew that person would never harm me. Emotional scars can run deep.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Well, speaking as someone who grew up in a house where, almost every day there were heated arguments/fights between my mom and dad, I developed a scare of any type of conflict. If I were in a relationship with someone who up until that point had been gentle with me, and then during a heated conversation would raise their voice and demolish something, I would also be freaked, even if I rationally knew that person would never harm me. Emotional scars can run deep.
    I think Claire should just live alone then. I mean people get mad, they raise their voices. It happens. Doesn't mean it's going to be a daily thing.

Astonishing Member

Hm...

She went away and Luke doesnt want to see her anymore, as you can see in onne of the last scenes.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    One scene in the series that has bothered me, and I can't stop thinking about is when Luke and Claire have that argument, and she ends up leaving. Claire just came off as ridiculous to me at that moment. She kept pestering him about his father over, and over again. Luke had finally had enough, and punched a wall basically telling her to shut up about something he had already clearly explained that he didn't feel comfortable talking about or dealing with. Something personal to him. But oh, when the big black man punches a wall, she gets scared and feels victimized. Because he punched a wall. She claims that kind of behavior was apart of her childhood growing up, and she never wanted to deal with that kind of behavior again. What? Punching a wall!? People can't get angry when you pester them and throw something? Her expectations for a partner are completely ridiculous. Luke wasn't going to smack her, and it wasn't even going to get anywhere near that.

Luke should just kick her butt to her curb and holla at Tilda or something.
    I don't think her problem was the yelling or raising his voice. It seemed like he crossed some sort of line (from her perspective) when he started breaking stuff when he was angry. Plus I wouldn't say it's that unrealistic to not want your partner to throw or break stuff when they're pissed off.

I'm not saying she shoulda kept pestering about something he clearly wasn't ready to talk about was the right thing to do (because it obviously wasn't it) but that doesn't make her reaction to his response to it any less justified. If she really grew up in an abusive household, would it really be that hard to believe her pops might've gotten pissed, broke something and/or smacker her mom when they argued (or maybe she hit him, I'm not gonna pretend to know their relationship)?

My point is that it's not that hard to believe that she could of grown up seeing that sort of behavior while growing up and promised herself to avoid any relationship that might go down that road (regardless of if it will or not) so seeing any signs of that behavior (such as breaking things when angry) could be an automatic red flag for her. She might know that Luke would never hit her, but even the smallest possibility that one day he might could be enough for her to bounce.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The confession was during the deal tho allso he's lawyer walking out on him/failing to explain much needed information about the deal ETC a guy I know who works at the DA office says it wouldn't hold up in the real world.
    When his lawyer recuse herself he asked if the deal would still be good if she wasn't present. He told her to kick rocks when he was told it would be.

Maybe the issues you brought up will be addressed next season. He's too good a character to be left rotting in jail.

Writing the review without reading the rest of the thread, so it comes out unbiased, so forgive me if I’m just repeating talking points.

Really liked this season, definitely the best Marvel Netflix season 2, and probably the only one better than season 1. While Season 1 started great, it faded toward the end after Cottonmouth died. This is also the only Netflix Marvel series where I’m excited for a season 3.

What makes it work is Bushmaster just being a great villain and Mariah seriously upping her game and turning into a genuine monster.
    Coupled with Luke being Luke, quality Misty development, Shades continuing to be his affably evil self and the cast just works.
    They even got the best ever Iron Fist appearance (seriously if that episode was a pilot to Power Man and Iron Fist I’d be down for it.).
    Give it a solid B/B+ rank it just after Daredevil 1 and Jessica Jones 1, and runs just ahead of season 1 imo.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Full ranking by the way

Daredevil 1
    Jessica Jones 1
    Luke Cage 2
    Luke Cage 1
    Daredevil 2*
    Defenders
    Jessica Jones 2
    Iron Fist

Haven't finished Punisher yet.

*The first episodes of Daredevil season 2 (Punisher focused) were imo the best episodes Marvel/Netflix has produced, once the story shifted to Elektra though it took a dive.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think we are running out of OG Luke Cage villians- maybe Gideon Mace and Chemistro get a shot next season? Or Diamondback comes back?
    They burned through a lot of Cage gangster villains already. They even used some goofy Cage villains like Mister Fish, Piranha Jones and cockroach Hamilton this season

I think they could make Gideon Mace Cage old Rangers C.O who has become one of those Y'all Qaeda domestic terrorist types and comes to Harlem looking to recruit Cage after hearing about his powers. Cage refuses and Mace and his men start terrorizing Harlem in an attempt to force Cage to join them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Luke developed a immunity to the Judas weapons. The one thing they knew of that worked doesn't anymore. They will have to think of something unconventional to hurt him.
    In the comics Luke got hurt or almost killed by being drowned, gassed, suffocated, posioned and electrocuted.

They tried drowning, suffocating and making him unable to move due to some powder concoction Bushmaster blew on him this season.

Electrocution and poisoning are left.

Just finished it and I really enjoyed it. The end scenes whilst needlessly homaging The Godfather has got me looking forward to season 3.

There is a niggle with Luke's anger problems for me as it seemed to come out of no where, he used to look bored in fights as he'd be swatting people away and now he's meant to be on the edge, it seemed shoe horned in as an excuse to break up with Claire rather than it being a narrative to be follow.

I feel like Cage would have been poisoned, and killed by this point.

Ultimate Member

Almost through with the season.

Much better than the first one in my opinion (which lost steam after Cottonmouth died).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea if you think that Brother Voodoon would fit with what going on your going to be disappointed. What's going on with Bushmaster is much less mystical. Anyway can someone explain what his powers were. They kept saying that he special before the nightshade. Is he a mutant or did they just mean he was a tough kid and the nightshade made his strong and fast.
    They mentioned that when he was a kid he and a bunch of other kids underwent dangerous drug testing and he was the sole survivor.

So Bushmaster was a latent meta of some sort (probably that first set of drugs did it) but it took the Nightshade to activate his strength and healing factor.

If anybody else took that stuff it wouldn't do anything for them (or it'd kill them at worst).

What I can't get over is how Bush master looks and talks like obscure Luke Cage baddie Hard Core (Flattop, W.I. accent and even the fighting style).

Comic Book bushmaster was more of a Kingpin type of baddie.